Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Stone Temple Pilots
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 165525 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #420 on: July 30, 2010, 12:40:13 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots cancelled their appearance on Jay Leno last night. nervous

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #421 on: July 30, 2010, 01:55:43 PM »

Fast As I can is my current fave on the album. what an awesome adrenaline rush that is to work out to.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #422 on: August 07, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »

STP have shot a video for "Cinnamon":

SHOT: Stone Temple Pilots - Aggressive, dir.

artist: Stone Temple Pilots
song: "Cinammon"
label: Atlantic
director(s): Aggressive
rep: Yell Productions
producer: Anke Thommen
commissioner: David Saslow

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #423 on: August 09, 2010, 05:01:06 PM »

Cinnamon is gonna be a smash single. its awesome.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »

Some footage of Scott Weiland being chased down by the paparazzi. no

Scott Weiland ON THE MOVE IN HOLLYWOOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRRXJH-LP7c

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #425 on: August 12, 2010, 01:45:07 PM »

From an interview with Eric Kretz:

Aug. 12 2010

In your best possible description, what are the differences between the music of STP and Velvet Revolver? It's obvious that the two groups are often compared.

It's relative to the players, ya know, I have my style on drumming, and Matt has his style. Dean has his style on guitar, and Slash and Dave have their style. It's similar in that it's fucking great rock n' roll music that was just presented very powerfully and very much in your face, and of course with Scott [Weiland] singing for both bands there's always going to be that similarity, things are going to tie in much like the next. It would be the same as comparing Velvet Revolver to Guns N' Roses. There are a lot of similarities but some parts are different, I think I am going to leave that up to the listeners.

And what we do is not very different than a lot of other rock bands, drums, guitar, vocals, and no keyboard -- so that sound is always going to be very much the classic rock presentation; it is what it is. Scott did a great job with both bands, that's for sure.

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2010/08/stone_temple_pi.php

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #426 on: August 17, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »

From an interview with Dean DeLeo:

Entire album streaming at the link also:

Getting Vocal with Stone Temple Pilots? Dean DeLeo

AUGUST 17TH

DeLeo says the reunion, which to him isn?t really a reunion, is unrelated to the demises of Velvet Revolver and Army of Anyone, both of which consisted of major STP pieces. ?It was always in the cards,? he says.

The band?s choice to self-produce the album, when they could have had any producer they wanted, is a good indication they are serious about this policy. ?Our label [Atlantic Records] refused to let us produce it,? De Leo says, adding Atlantic told STP, ??We want a big-name producer.? You know what we told them? Fuck off.? DeLeo stands by the band?s choice, calling the self-titled album STP?s ?finest-sounding record.? And once the band played the new album for Atlantic, he says, the label caved in on its demands.

STP has had a rocky relationship with Atlantic in the past; the label sued the band in 2008 for attempting to escape their contract prematurely. DeLeo speaks candidly of this relationship. ?It just seemed funny that every label but our own contacted us to write songs for other artists,? he says. ?Our own fucking label didn?t even know what they had in their back pocket for the last decade.? Furthermore, according to DeLeo, the band won?t be working with Atlantic much longer. ?Their loss. They have us for one more record,? he says. ?I think it?s only because we managed to sell a lot of records that we?ve had a pretty good relationship with them.?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/08/17/getting-vocal-with-stone-temple-pilots-dean-deleo/

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #427 on: August 17, 2010, 03:59:14 PM »

Good for them for sticking up for what they wanted. The album is definitely one of their best.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #428 on: August 20, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »

Review, photos: Stone Temple Pilots concert features strong vocals, weird rants by Scott Weiland

Friday, August 20, 2010

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/08/review_photos_stone_temple_pil.html

"Big Empty"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-boytT-0gY

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #429 on: August 27, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »

Scott Weiland Accused Of Using Backing Tracks

08/27/2010

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland is being accused of using backing tracks at live shows, after he fell off a stage and landed heavily ? without missing a note.

The band were performing in Cincinatti when the incident took place. Weiland lost his footing, stumbled and fell clumsily, while carrying a microphone in one hand and a megaphone in the other.

Despite the tumble, his voice was heard to continue the song ? he wasn?t singing at the precise moment he fell, but when the moment came to resume he didn?t sound short of breath, out of tune or in any way flustered.

Watch the video below - Weiland falls around 1m 30s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NmRYDZT9hY

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #430 on: August 27, 2010, 03:55:56 PM »

I'm calling bullshit. You can clearly hear an echo on the vocals even after he falls. A recording would have no echo.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #431 on: August 27, 2010, 04:21:13 PM »

my honest opinion that is a fake video

cause Scott if u notice when he gets back onstage, when he does the chorus, the first time it still sounds like a megaphone but he doesn't have it but right after, it sounds like he is doing it without which he is.

so either they cut the backing track or someone doctored the vid.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #432 on: August 27, 2010, 04:36:51 PM »

^^Another vid of him falling off the stage @ 1:10 but shot further away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPM7wxyBi0k

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #433 on: August 27, 2010, 04:55:33 PM »

Im one of the biggest Scott fans in the world and i have to say, that is a backing track

NOW, imo, they saw him fall, and cued up the backing  track after he fell.

cause anyone that has seen Scott live, knows he doesn't use backing tracks as he sounds different than the recording.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #434 on: August 27, 2010, 05:17:57 PM »

Hmm, that is weird. I don't think you can cue something up that quick can you? You'd have to have it ready waiting to go.

Maybe he just has really, really good abilities to sing after falling 7 feet to the floor and landing on his face?

Also, for all the times people have claimed "Scott fucked lyrics up" -- how can that be lip synching?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

*edit* First hand account of the event...

"I was there, in the front row. He made the extra step and fell. He landed on his legs and then fell on  his right side. He continued to sing quickly rising to his knees. Sang  a few more lines near the crowd and was pulled up on stage."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 05:26:50 PM by cotis » Logged
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #435 on: August 27, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »

Some proof he was indeed singing after he fell on his skull...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #436 on: August 27, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »

well there was a break in between long enough..

what i was saying maybe they have a backing track but its muted just in case shit goes down... and as soon as he fell, they unmuted it?

Scott is a good live vocalist, but he is pretty spotty.. so no way he doesn't sing live.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #437 on: September 01, 2010, 11:33:13 PM »

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Frontman Shoots Down Lip-Synching Rumors - Aug. 30, 2010

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145268

And Dean DeLeo comments on Scott Weiland lip-syncing.

WEEKENDER: Last week, Fuse TV?s blog posted footage of Scott falling from the stage at a show in Cincinnati. Because his vocals continued to be heard, there was some speculation that he was lip-syncing. (The footage did not show Weiland after he fell, until he reemerged and got back on stage, so it?s possible he was still singing while out of the frame.)

DELEO: This is such bullshit. It?s so funny, because first off, if anyone in this band was lip-syncing or faking it, I wouldn?t be up there. What happened was ? I?m going to set the record straight here ? there was a gap between the stage and the sub monitors. ? Scott didn?t realize there was a gap there. I don?t know how he didn?t get hurt. He fell six feet off the stage in between the stage and the sub monitors. No one in the band saw what happened. We just saw him get back on stage. That?s the kind of makeup he has as a person. I can?t believe he didn?t get hurt.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #438 on: September 04, 2010, 03:05:28 AM »

Saw STP tonight at the Borgata, show was amazing! Some samples of my recording coming up soon!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #439 on: September 04, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »

Stone Temple Pilots - "Heaven and Hotrods"
September 3, 2010
Borgata Event Center
Atlantic City, NJ

VIDEO LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76JhhS_XG3g
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: