Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227836 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 431281 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1740 on: February 10, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »

C'mon D, how can we possible read all your posts?

What you are stating is obvious. There would be huge n' quick money in a reunion. I don't know if it pay off in the long run tho, that is def up for discussion.

That said, it's so good that axl have made this thing perfectly clear that he aint never ever going to share a stage with slash ever again. The record company knows that so it's up to them to make money off this anyway. I think they'll take some mone over no money any day of the week.

And unlike crew, gn'r and specially Axl is real and not sell outs.

oh yeah, Im not saying Axl would ever give in, but just listen to the lyrics of "Sorry"

To hell with the pressure, I'm not cavin in"

well, u can interpret that various different ways, but he talks about the label in that billboard interview. 

I would even go out on a limb and say the label is the main reason the album was held up and not Axl, cause hearing CD, most of those songs would've been ready to go in 02 right?

Also

in today's age of music, where nobody seems to buy it anymore, I'd say most labels want rid of alot of their major acts. why pay Axl so many millions of dollars an album when they can manufacture pop or this Emo shit for a fraction of the cost and make more money?

Labels fucked themselves when they stopped caring about the art and only started caring about the money.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1741 on: February 10, 2009, 07:48:29 PM »

D makes a great point about the label likely having wet dreams about getting Slash back into the fold.  I wouldn't doubt strong-arm tactics trying to force Axl's hand.....they just don't realize Axl will never, never, never cave in.  God I love that!

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1742 on: February 10, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »

Well I think GN'R will go classic at least another round. What happens after the next tour is hard to say, but there is a chance they'll fish for 360 deal with irwin at the weel. I guess it's just what the major acts does these days. These is just me rambeling tho. erose the midnight rambler. confused

I really wonder what kind of deal GN'R has with geffen, interscope universal. I mean, it must me fullfilled and off the hook soon right?

Sitting here, as I'm typing, watching Waynes world on tv. I hope gn'r didn't sign a 6 record deal like that cassandra chick got in the super mega happy ending or whatever. hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1743 on: February 10, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »

I think the10MM thingy was well explained earlier.   Huh

You don't have to be the brightest bulb in the box to understand that you can spend money on recording something and still not support the promotion of the same album.

Two different kinds of support.

The involvement from the record company was mentioned by Axl in the Q&A.

/jarmo

Are you out of your skull? Think about it, just a little. You spend 10MM plus on a business/project, etc and that isn't supporting it? It's like putting your money where your mouth is and they spent the most $$$ EVER in the history of music to create an album. Should I repeat that again for you? I think that is the biggest support ever in the history of music. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to get that, but in your case you may have to be one. I can't believe the stuff you write.....*scratches head*     
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1744 on: February 10, 2009, 10:03:38 PM »

You spend 10MM plus on a business/project, etc and that isn't supporting it? It's like putting your money where your mouth is and they spent the most $$$ EVER in the history of music to create an album. Should I repeat that again for you? I think that is the biggest support ever in the history of music.    
Maybe you should repeat it again for Axl since you think he's so wrong in his opinion of the support he got from them headscratch

Quote from: Axl
"Unfortunately I have no information for me to believe [that] there was any real involvement or effort from Interscope. I'm not saying there wasn't. But in my opinion, without [Interscope Geffen A&M chairman] Jimmy Iovine's involvement, it doesn't matter who anyone talks to or what they say -- virtually nothing will happen from their end."

Quote from: Axl
"We feel that, unfortunately, we've never been really anything all that much more other than a throw it at the wall, see if it sticks, no real ground work, something to take advantage of, last quarter, cook the books, write-off, fuck this headache, hoping to get lucky scam."

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1745 on: February 10, 2009, 10:06:45 PM »

I think the10MM thingy was well explained earlier.   Huh

You don't have to be the brightest bulb in the box to understand that you can spend money on recording something and still not support the promotion of the same album.

Two different kinds of support.

The involvement from the record company was mentioned by Axl in the Q&A.

/jarmo

Are you out of your skull? Think about it, just a little. You spend 10MM plus on a business/project, etc and that isn't supporting it? It's like putting your money where your mouth is and they spent the most $$$ EVER in the history of music to create an album. Should I repeat that again for you? I think that is the biggest support ever in the history of music. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to get that, but in your case you may have to be one. I can't believe the stuff you write.....*scratches head*     

The people who handed out the $10 million advance back in '97 have been gone for a decade or so now, and Geffen Records as it existed back then ceases to exist today and has for about a decade as well.  That's not particularly relevant to the situation in the past 7 or 8 years because it's a different company with different people in charge

And people really, really need to get over this "most expensive album ever" crap because CD was NOT the most expensive album ever or anything near it.  Michael Jackson's "Invincible" album cost over $30 million in production costs alone, Madonna regularly gets (or used to get) $10 million advances for her albums.  Mariah Carey had an $80 million, 4 album deal with Virgin Records.  And those are just examples I know of for sure because I've read articles about it, I'm sure there are plenty of others
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1746 on: February 11, 2009, 01:05:28 AM »

we arent the public.
We aren't??  Huh   Who are we??  confused

He already has us in the bank.
He has??  Huh
You mustn't read like half the posts on these forums.  Check out the 'bank' of replies in the Wasn't Yesterday Great section.   hihi

I would consider us the die hards of the gnr fan base. I would say the majority of the people here know the gnr story, have followed Axl through sites like these over the years, and 99% of the people on these forums have purchased the album...in most cases multiple albums. He has us in the bank.

Like I said earlier...what he did was beyond the call of duty. That is why he is the epitome of cool.

As for the people who are on this site who arent into the new band and want to see a reunion ....they are the sample of the majority. They represent the general publics perceptions. That is why most people here who are labeled "unhappy", "greedy", etc want to see a better campaign so that the masses can atleast catch up on the facts and see how great this band really is... so that at the very least they can make a fair decision on if they want to buy into this new era or not.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..." peace

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:16:20 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1747 on: February 11, 2009, 09:00:01 AM »

Nobody wants a reunion so you know What ! quite bringing it up.

now that's just not true and you know it yes
people on this board may not-but in any comment section I've read on online interviews about any member of old guns; somebody almost always mentions they should get back together; so anonymous people around the word do want to see a reunion
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1748 on: February 11, 2009, 01:17:49 PM »

i know you worship your god slash even though he's been a dick to axl for years, but you have to remember that axl and slash are different people.  they have different feelings about shit. slash likes to whore himself out to the media and show up at big events and do promotional campaigns... axl likes to focus on making inspiring and amazing music. simple as that.

but i am curious why the rest of the band couldn't have gone on leno or something.  maybe get bbf, pitman and tommy to make a joint appearance and talk about the amazing process of recording and stuff.  it would be a chance for the new band to get out there and prove to the world who the REAL gnr is.

Slash my god ? ahah...well, he was an inspired guitarist back in the days in guns and his first snakepit record is good, and the rest sucks (except one or two collaborations),
that's what I can say about "Slash my god".

more seriously he has the sympathy of the media, but why ? because he was still ok to do the promo job (ok even when he has nothing to promote except himself, I agree  hihi)

you said Axl likes to focus on making music, right, but now it's done, CD is out, it's time to play the game if you want the album to succeed.
the record compagny doesn't do a great job in US ?

fine, do it yourself.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1749 on: February 11, 2009, 02:12:48 PM »

The negativity on the other boards is really starting to drive me out of my skull.

FACTS:
We're two and a half months in to the album's release.
The album has SOLD gold and has SHIPPED platinum.
"Chinese Democracy" is holding steady at #21 on rock radio.
"Better" GAINED two places this week to move up to #14.
"Street Of Dreams" will be released as the third single soon and will likely be a huge crossover hit for the band.
Yet people are STILL holding on to the notion that somehow this album is a failure. Axl himself has explained the reason for the lack of promotion numerous times now, and some people still don't want to accept the fact that Interscope is to blame on all fronts.
Some of these so-called "fans" are absolutely sickening at this point.

I agree with you man and yes, the negativity from the "so-called fans" is pretty much supremely lame imo. If I was Axl, I'd just start up my own goddamned label with somebody who has money like Lars Ulrich who's filthy fucking rich and just release any and all new GNR albums himself from here on in. Fuck the record company and I hope that his contract with them is over and he's in a position to do something like that someday. The poor bastard has got to be fed-up with all of that bullshit. And, while I'm at it, fuck all of you negative fucking whiners.  rant

puke
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #1750 on: February 11, 2009, 06:24:57 PM »

Since this topic is supposed to be about "charting"...does anyone know how the album did this week?

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1751 on: February 11, 2009, 08:08:11 PM »

Since this topic is supposed to be about "charting"...does anyone know how the album did this week?

couldn't find anything Undecided
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1752 on: February 11, 2009, 08:48:24 PM »

To those who might feel confused,
Dictionary
English - GNR Fanatic

Axl gives an interview or makes an appereance through  medium like  fan forum or Billboard.com - Axl enlightens us mortals with insight and truth.
Random artist gives an interview or makes an appereance  through a medium -  Random artist 'promotes himself.'
Slash gives an interview or makes an apereance through a medium - THERE GOES THAT WHORE WHOREING HIS WHORE ASS OFF AGAIN OMG
PS HE WENT TO AXLS HOUSE SO WHAT GIVES?  ? ?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:50:09 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1753 on: February 11, 2009, 10:32:43 PM »

Paging FunkyMonkey...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1754 on: February 11, 2009, 10:36:28 PM »

Its out of the top 50 so it did less than 10k

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1755 on: February 12, 2009, 02:26:50 AM »

You know, if it wasn't for the fact that this album actually came out, and that Barack Obama is the President of the United States, I might have lost complete faith in the human race based of this masterpieces sale numbers... respectfully.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #1756 on: February 13, 2009, 03:52:13 AM »

I don't understand this massive belief that album sales are somehow indictative of the album's creativity.

Bob Dylan has never had huge selling albums but he's made some of the most brilliant and respected albums of all time.  I think his best album is like 3 million...and that might be Time Out Of Mind.

Nsync has sold like 50 million albums...and they suck. 

Reaching platinum in today's climate is a huuuuuge deal.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1757 on: February 13, 2009, 05:53:37 AM »

Obviously with exception, but the general public like light music (Madonna, Britney Spears.........). I think Axl wanted to do a very good album like Chinese Democracy. He is not hungry for fame because he already tastes it and he leaves the public world in his best moment. He puts his feeling and his art in Chinese Democracy and the product is a wonderful album, maybe not for the mass. I think that Axl must be happy and proud of his music. Besides, there are many people that are against Axl Rose for things different from music. For example I was listening music in my office yesterday. I was listening random bands and suddenly I put the Catcher in the Rye. My partner doesn?t like Axl Rose and she has not listened CD, then she said me "What a wonderful song, who sings". Then I put other bands and an hour later I put Street of Dreams and again she said me ?What a wonderful song, who sings". At the end of the day she admitted that CD is wonderful.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1758 on: February 13, 2009, 06:56:27 AM »

Bruce Sprinsteen's hyped Superbowl performance didn't help his sales enough. Halved sales in its second week and down to #2.

Still, his new album sold less than GN'R in its debut week.

The new #1 (The Fray) sold less than 200,000 in its first week.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1759 on: February 13, 2009, 07:04:13 AM »

Sweden:

#15 - Greatest Hits
#19 - Chinese Democracy - finally GOLD (20k)   Cheesy ok

#22 this week.  Lips Sealed

#47 this week  Tongue

#57 this week  no

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada