Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:00:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Axl Rose Interview With Gulf News
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Axl Rose Interview With Gulf News  (Read 10407 times)
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 05:13:34 PM »

Wouldn't we have seen this by now if there was a full interview?

Methinks that comment was all we're getting!
I was thinking that myself, maybe it was a mix up with the translation.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 06:02:37 PM »

The comments that have been posted... Cheesy

Added 14:39 December 17, 2010

so where is the interview??? kathy, perth, Australia

Added 13:32 December 17, 2010

hehe, true, where is the interview? Anonymous, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Added 13:27 December 17, 2010

Where is the interview ? Anas , Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates

Added 11:28 December 17, 2010

Ok great , so where is the interview? Anonymous, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
suicide
VIP

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 06:07:58 AM »

Maybe in tomorrows paper. In the Emirates the weekend is friday and saturday, not saturday and sunday. Could be the weekend edition was already more or less finished.
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/a-rose-is-still-a-rose-1.732139

A rose is still a rose

He's funny, he's polite and he's sweet. Legendary rocker and notoriously media-shy Axl Rose in an exclusive chat with tabloid! reveals why the band has stood the test of time

When Axl Rose and the boys burst onto the stage on Thursday night in Abu Dhabi, you could have already worked out that they were going to rock Abu Dhabi. What you couldn't have known, was just minutes before they set the stage alight, legendary rocker Rose was sipping tea while chatting to tabloid!.

"We better get out there before they tear the house down," said Rose tipping his head acknowledging the gathered crowd cranking up the volume.

"I'll be blaming you. You know that," he added as the entire group broke into laughter and headed off for the show.

According to his manager, Doc Mcghee, Rose has not given an interview for 14 years.

"I don't know what you've done, but you did something right," he said expressing his utter surprise that the red-haired singer was willing to talk.

Media-shy

The American rock star has been notoriously media-shy (read anti-media) since the implosion of the original band ? the hitmakers behind seminal rock songs such as Sweet Child O'Mine and Paradise City. Rose even wrote the song Get in the Ring about his disgust for the media and all the lies he claims journalists and publications printed over the years.

But this week was different and as he politely asked for "any kind of tea" from a member of his crew, he settled into his chair and prepared to open up.

As with every good story there's always a bit of drama. You see this story almost wasn't told because while tabloid! knew Rose was in town, it was also made clear, initially, there would be no interview (as has been the case for the past 14 years).

You can therefore understand why a desperate chase across Yas Island (in flip flops) swiftly followed when "that'"call came in to say he said "yes".

"There is a lotta rockin people out there," said Rose looking almost nervous [replace the word rockin with any swear word to get the full effects of the interview]. "Oops, is it bad to say that?" he added before quickly changing the subject.

"I played in the Middle East once before," continued Rose needing no prompt. "It was for about 50,000. It was insane. We've been trying to come play again since so tonight is gonna be wow. A lot of rockets and bombs. We're excited we try to go all out," he said ahead of the sell-out gig, the last of the Flash Entertainment-organised Yas Arena Show Weekends.

?Pride'

"For me one of the really cool things is I don't have to get on at everybody in the band. Hey do this, do that, you know. Because they're excited. Everybody takes a certain amount of pride in what they do. Plus they all get on at each other about it anyway. Everybody goes out there and tries to give everything they can. And we stay out there a couple hours more, you know, until we feel the crowd is happy. Or until we feel like we've done a good job. It's kinda like going to the gym or something, you know, you don't leave until you feel like you're supposed to."

There's a slight pause before all four members burst out laughing. "It's just hard to get in the gym," Rose eventually concedes. "Yeah they won't let me smoke on the treadmill," added guitarist DJ Ashba still laughing.

South America, Asia and just off the back of more than 40 gigs across Europe, Guns N' Roses is off to Russia next saying the diversity of an audience never fails to amaze them.

"I think it's a lot to do with the material from the past and a hell of a lot to do with the heart that was put into it then," said Rose his fingers covered with giant rings, each with a new plaster covering the finger underneath.

Heart

"But if we weren't putting the heart into it now, if I wasn't putting my heart into it, the fans, they're not gonna let me get away with it. We have to live up to something, have to work a bit harder because you're living up to the legend or a myth or whatever," he said, deep in thought. "It's more pressure when you're playing to live up to myth."

Guns N' Roses formed in 1985, a time when Rose insists things were very different when it came to restrictions regarding performances.

"In the club days, like '88 and '89, you could fall off stage and that was OK. Then it turned into I can't dive off but other bands can. I'd be doing everything I can not to fall off. I always see the tape on stage. The glow in the dark tape on the edge. I remember when they didn't have it at the LA Coliseum when we opened for The Stones. When the lights went down, I went down."

Multi-cultural crowd

Stopping to listen to the fans getting progressively louder, Rose said he was looking forward to playing to a multi-cultural crowd.

"The diverse crowd aspect is actually the most interesting part for me because I think that pretty much sums up why the Guns catalogue has stood the test of time," he said, still with an ear on the fans.

"It crosses genres, it crosses religious lines, you know. It's music that people can relate to. That there is such a diverse crowd out there it makes it a lot of fun."

Looking up from under the dark lenses of his aviators, Rose broke a smile. "We've crossed a few lines for certain," he said. "And we'll continue that."

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »

Now that's a real interview, ha! Thanks! Smiley

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 11:49:33 AM »

Thanks for the interview. Smiley  I'll post it in the first post.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »

Thanks for doing the interview Axl. It?s always great to read some of your thoughts.  ok

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 11:59:04 AM »

Small but great one! Grin

Oh My God i cant deny this...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »

Cool, I know a lot of people on at least one other board were spazzing it wasn't longer, but given they were in town for a show, I think it's perfect. Axl ought to consider doing more of these. Tell a few stories, talk about the band a bit - gets people interested. I had to laugh about the falling off the stage comments and no reflective tape, I never realized they actually used that to let artists know where the edge was but I guess it's a good idea *cough*Aerosmith*cough*
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 12:25:10 PM »

I'm a bit confused about the Russia thing-didn't they already play there?

libertad
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 12:50:54 PM »

Now that's what I call an interview, thank God they didn't mean that comment.  Cheesy

Seems like a few of the band members were also present at the interview as well which is nice to see. I love Axl's true words, and I agree with the pressure to live up to the Myth. Axl carries the whole Guns N' Roses Myth on the back of his shoulders, and he does it superbly.

Thank you Axl for giving this interview, we love you.  love
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »

Yeah Axl thank you, feel free to spoil us with some more, mkay?  Grin
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 12:57:07 PM »

awesome but i had some jokes for axl lol.i think that's axl coming back to axl again.axl isn't ment not to share himself,cause he is a good person just misunderstood.im thinking that axl likes this band line up very much.and im sure they respect him as he does them.

THANK -YOU
LOVE

the one an only horsey !
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 12:59:25 PM »

Great interview...I'm stoked about this, really thought that earlier quote was all there'd be

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »

There's a slight pause before all four members burst out laughing. "It's just hard to get in the gym," Rose eventually concedes. "Yeah they won't let me smoke on the treadmill," added guitarist DJ Ashba still laughing.

hihi

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »

The interview was nice, but not very good from a journalistic view was it? More of a fan describing a nice meeting. I understand there were no-no questions. But no questions about a possible us-tour? (thats what Im waiting for, want to buy tickets and plan the trip) no qustions about a new album? Playing with Duff?

Good thing the band seems to be in a great mood thoug beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »

But no questions about a possible us-tour? (thats what Im waiting for, want to buy tickets and plan the trip) no qustions about a new album? Playing with Duff?

I don't think people in Abu Dhabi are concerned about an US tour. I bet they like to hear more about what Axl thinks of their part of the world etc.

It's natural...

This interview is from a newspaper, not a music magazine..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 02:28:48 PM »

Sweet interview from a sweet man ! Thx Axl
I'm looking forward to 2011 & 2012 I'm sure there are some great GN'R years to come !

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 04:09:32 PM »

Good "interview". It was more like "Axl talking with himself."

Very cool anyway.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 06:41:05 PM »

sometimes talking to yourself,you get better answers lol.i think he didn't say things as getten into a debate,that some want.
i think it was fair to give axl space and not force him not to open up.
if felt like he was under pressure to do n interview with question's he didn't want to get into.so letten axl speak his mind is a good thing.

the one an only horsey !
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: