Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  LIVE ?!#@ LIKE A SUICIDE RIP OFF
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LIVE ?!#@ LIKE A SUICIDE RIP OFF  (Read 2824 times)
wadey
Legend

« on: April 25, 2005, 04:32:43 AM »

I constantly watch the prices of G N' R stuff on ebay so i can roughly price my collection.
Ive noticed over the last few months that there are true G N' R fans getting ripped off when buying Suicide.
The main problem is false advertising on behalf of the seller, They have a copy of LIES, Photograph the back cover and sell it as SUICIDE!  So here are a few pointers

The front cover of SUICIDE was also used for the back cover of LIES. YOU can however tell quite easily by looking at the photo if it is LIES or SUICIDE. 
On SUICIDES front cover there is no writing or barcodes etc.... But on LIES there is.
Because the picture is on the back cover there is a barcode in the bottom corner, writing at the very bottom, And the GEFFEN INSIGNIA in the top corner. We all know that SUICIDE wasnt released on GEFFEN, so if you see a copy of SUICIDE for sale on EBAY or any other auction site with the GEFFEN INSIGNIA stamped on it then dont buy it!

SUICIDES current price on EBAY is about ?90
LIES current price on EBAY is about ?7

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 01:26:08 PM »

anyone who is buying Suicide knows what to look for.  I doubt many casual fans are looking for that... give the real fans a bit more credit
GitFuckedUp
Humble as a mumble in the jungle of shouts and screams
Rocker

Downpresser man, where you gonna run to?

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 04:53:27 PM »

Or just look at the tracklist! If there's 8 tracks, it's not LLAS.

-Catch you on the flip-floP-
wadey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 04:01:33 AM »

anyone who is buying Suicide knows what to look for.? I doubt many casual fans are looking for that... give the real fans a bit more credit

Most of the bidders who buy SUICIDE have G N' R type usernames.  And i have seen on occasions what i believe to be true fans getting ripped off by falling for this scam. I agree with what your saying.......But i felt i had to draw fans attention to this matter as i hate to see people getting ripped off.

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 04:03:32 AM »

anyone who is buying Suicide knows what to look for.? I doubt many casual fans are looking for that... give the real fans a bit more credit

Trust me... Not anyone knows what to look for.

I run the fan club in Greece. You can't imagine the questions people ask about LLAS....

wadey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 06:04:21 AM »

Trust me... Not anyone knows what to look for.

I run the fan club in Greece. You can't imagine the questions people ask about LLAS....

Because G N' R fans are getting younger and inexperienced they can quite easily get ripped off. ive seen lies go for about ?70 when advertised as suicide. solely because the fans can't tell the difference. i dont wish to offend the younger generation....its just that suicide is becoming harder and harder to find and most of you will have only seen pictures on web sites. so when you see a photographed copy on an auction site, you might take it as been the real deal!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: