Guns N Roses' Frank Ferrer Chats with My Latino Voice; Video

(1/3) > >>

FunkyMonkey:
"The target date for us [GNR] to be in the states will be late summer everybody's hoping." Frank Ferrer  :smoking:

Guns N Roses' Frank Ferrer Chats with My Latino Voice

We caught up with Frank Ferrer at Don Hill's in NYC, the landmark rock venue, while he was performing with "The Compulsions." 

Frank was born March 25, 1966 to Cuban parents and was raised in New York City (in fact, not far from Don Hill's.)  He discovered Rock at a Kiss concert when he was 10 and decided his life's work would be in the genre.  While he is best known for his current work with Guns N' Roses, as their full-time drummer (replacing Bryan "Brian" Mantia, who had returned to the United States for personal reasons) he has also been a key member of many bands, including Love Spit Love (which featured a guitarist by the name of Richard Fortus, who is now the rhythm and lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses), the Psychedelic Furs and Honky Toast (both also featured Richard), The Beautiful, The Pisser, The Compulsions, Robi "Draco" Rosa, and Gordan Gano.  Frank was a founding member of NYC heavy-groove legends RATCHETHEAD.   He has also toured with Doro Pesch and Tommy Stinson and worked with many other artists, including Rebecca Blasband, Jive Jones, Sarah Clifford and GanoRyan.

In his Featured Voice interview with My Latino Voice, Frank talks candidly about his family, his epiphany at his first Kiss concert and his current tour with Guns N' Roses.  Stay tuned for the second part to our conversation, where Frank talks about his journey in the rock world and how he became the official drummer for one of the most popular Rock bands in the world.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPHWvL5Xz-Y

http://mylatinovoice.com/featured-voices/27-features/1493-guns-n-roses-frank-ferrer-chats-with-my-latino-voice.html

Spirit:
Great find!  : ok:

Frank is a great interview.

More of this!

ppbebe:
haven't seen any interview of his but this is nice. softspoken

he doesn't look/sound ghetto ish there tho.

Scabbie:
What a cool guy! I can see why him and Bumble get on so well

Yeah, I agree, more of this please!

ppbebe:
Judging from the show clips, the whole band seem to get on so well with each other. :yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page