Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:41:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd  (Read 95103 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2011, 11:11:38 PM »

Slash:
At pre pros end we're doing 2 live private shows in LA to stretch our legs w/the new stuff b4 we record. Details tba. RnFn'R! Iii|; )'
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »

SLASH: Video Footage From The Studio Posted Online - Nov. 11, 2011

Legendary guitarist Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) recently completed the first recording session for his upcoming solo album at Barefoot Recording in Hollywood, California with producer Eric Valentine (QUEENS OF STONE AGE, THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS). Joining Slash in the studio were the members of his touring band: vocalist Myles Kennedy (ALTER BRIDGE), rhythm guitarist Bobby Schneck, bassist Todd Kerns (SIN CITY SINNERS, formerly of AGE OF ELECTRIC), and drummer Brent Fitz (formerly of THEORY OF A DEADMAN).

A short video clip from the studio sessions can be viewed at http://www.monsterenergy.com/us/en/bands/slash:videos/.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165999

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2011, 12:40:13 PM »

Slash:

Last session of the week today. We've been hitting it hard. Sounds killer though. Iii|; )'

23 hours ago

Ok, 13 songs ready to record. 3 already done. 2 more to finish writing before Dec. 12 on the record, 6 bonus trx, Woohoo! Iii|; )'

13 hours ago

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2011, 12:44:53 PM »

A couple of album updates -- from Slash:

Now you are working on a new album.

Slash: Well, we recorded three songs already. And we did that before Myles took off [with Alter Bridge], just to sort of have some stuff in the can and be able to let the people that are gonna be distributing the record get some idea of what it sounds like. And those are killer, all right. So, now we?re in preproduction again doing the remaining 14, 15, 16 songs that we have until Myles gets back. And it?s a really fucking great record. Musically, it covers a lot of ground and it?s got a lot of depth. From a writing and player?s standpoint, it?s been probably my most adventurous record I?ve done to date. In some ways, in other ways it?s just so straight-ahead rock n? roll, that it?s very simplistic. But it?s very diverse.

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/slash-talks-about-live-made-in-stoke%E2%80%9424711-and-his-video-for-back-from-cali.html

From Todd Kerns:

In a brand new update on his official blog, Kerns writes, "I'm back in L.A., two weeks or so into the second chapter of the new Slash record.

"The first three songs we did some time ago are recorded, mixed and mastered.

"'Bad Rain' is a sexy drop-D number with me on eight-string bass and squawking along with Mr. Kennedy.

"'Standing In The Sun' crept up from behind to be my favorite of the three, and if you're gonna listen to 'Halo', make sure you have your home insurance paid up 'cause it'll rip the roof off.

"All of these will be out into the public consciousness in the spring of 2012.

"Myles is out with ALTER BRIDGE tearing up the U.K. right now, so the 3 Amigos ? Slash, Fizt and Dammit are hard at it. Yes, I misspelled Fitz on purpose. We call him Fizt as in Fist with a Z. I don't know why. Slash's tech, Jim Survis, named him that.

"Anyway, the three of us with our producer, the ?ber-talented Eric Valentine, have been chipping away at a whole batch of new songs. We plan to record somewhere in the area of 15 songs and chip it back to about 12 for the CD. The extras will end up as B-sides somewhere."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=166702

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2011, 11:16:17 PM »

Musically, it covers a lot of ground and it?s got a lot of depth. From a writing and player?s standpoint, it?s been probably my most adventurous record I?ve done to date. In some ways, in other ways it?s just so straight-ahead rock n? roll, that it?s very simplistic. But it?s very diverse.

So which one is it Slash? Diverse, or simplistic? It can't be both! hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »

So which one is it Slash? Diverse, or simplistic? It can't be both! hihi

Sure it can.  Granted, Slash may not have explained it well enough, but...

SIMPLISTIC = Straightforward rock n roll without a lot of foreign elements introduced.  In other words, drums, bass, guitar, and vocals.  It's that simple.

DIVERSE = Different types of songwriting; e.g. lyrics, solos, arrangements.  But still remaining within the confines of the above simplicity.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »

Todd Kerns:

Witnessing the return of the talk box by Brother Slash for today's track. Sweeeet!

5 Jan via Twitter for BlackBerry?

SLASH Going For More 'Raw' Sound On Second Album - Jan. 4, 2012

Now that the holidays are over, ex-GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash and his backing band are returning to the studio to complete the legendary axeman's second solo album. According to The Pulse Of Radio, Slash told Total Guitar that he's going for a more live feel this time around, explaining, "We're just going for the one take that sounds good, so my solos are more raw, probably sloppier in a way, because they're very spontaneous to the point where it's in the heat of the moment."

He added, "Everything is being played live with the music tracks: the solos, everything. We're trying not to overdub extra bits. So if there's a solo, I'm playing on one side, Myles [Kennedy]'s rhythm track is on the other."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167892

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 11:41:30 AM »

From Slash:

Left Myles in the studio. He did an incredible job last night. Can't wait to hear what he lays down tonight. iiiI; )

Myles is in the studio tomorrow. We're at the tail end of the recording process, hard to imagine, time has really flown by. IiiI; )'

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »

Is Slash working with Trevor Horn?

Jan 24, 2012

Just left Slash's studio in Hollywood.  Slash and Myles Kennedy are tracking guitars in Slashs studio in Hollywood with producer Trevor Whatever. Was asked to provide Myles with a new Diezel Schmidt and RL 4x12 German cab for his guitar parts. Myles is a real down to earth guy and a killer player and singer. Slash is the best as well. As a long time GnR fan it was cool to be in the studio and check it all out. Lots of guitars and amps everywhere including Slash's Appetite guitar.

Slash2baz
Headliner

http://www.slashfrance.net

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »

Jan 24, 2012

Just left Slash's studio in Hollywood.  Slash and Myles Kennedy are tracking guitars in Slashs studio in Hollywood with producer Trevor Whatever. Was asked to provide Myles with a new Diezel Schmidt and RL 4x12 German cab for his guitar parts. Myles is a real down to earth guy and a killer player and singer. Slash is the best as well. As a long time GnR fan it was cool to be in the studio and check it all out. Lots of guitars and amps everywhere including Slash's Appetite guitar.

Where do you get that ?  Cheesy
Trevor Whatever is a guy from Barefoot studios, he's known as "Trevor Adkinson" I guess  Wink

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2012, 02:09:13 PM »

Jan 24, 2012

Where do you get that ?  Cheesy
Trevor Whatever is a guy from Barefoot studios, he's known as "Trevor Adkinson" I guess  Wink

Thanks.  That was just a guess -- Trevor Horn produced the Escala album on which Slash guested.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2012, 12:52:43 PM »

From Slash Twitter:

Brent makes his piano debut. iiiI; )' http://fb.me/1keFlMZJH

Very interesting. Wonder what kind of song he is using it for?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2012, 12:53:59 PM »

SLASH: New Album Release Date Announced - Feb. 6, 2012

Slash ? the iconic, Grammy-winning rock guitarist and songwriter ? is currently in a Los Angeles studio putting the finishing touches on his second solo album. The as-yet-untitled disc is due out May 22 on Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through EMI and will follow his 2010 debut album, "Slash", and his November 2011 first-ever live solo album, the two-CD/DVD set "Made In Stoke 24/7/11". Notably, the "Slash" album debuted on The Billboard 200 chart at #3 (#1 on the Rock chart, #1 on the Independent chart, and #1 on the Hard Music chart). Digitally, the album also became the #1 overall digital album and hit #1 on iTunes in 13 countries. Internationally, the disc achieved Top 5 chart positions in over a dozen major territories, hitting #1 in both Japan and New Zealand.

For the new album, Slash ? along with and his bandmates Myles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums) and Todd Kerns (bass) ? teamed with producer Eric Valentine, who also produced the "Slash" disc. All the songs were written together by Slash and Kennedy, and cameras have been rolling throughout the entire making of the album. Check out exclusive behind-the-scenes footage airing weekly beginning today.

A question-and-answer session with Slash about the new album follows below.

Q: Looking at all your Twitter updates, you sound really pumped about the new disc. This time around, you and Myles wrote all the songs and he sings lead on all the tracks. What inspired this scenario since your debut solo album featured multiple vocalists (including Myles on two songs)?

Slash: Well, having Myles sing on the first record inspired me to take him on the road, then taking him on the road inspired me to have him sing on the whole record. So yeah, the tour last year definitely inspired the decision for him to sing on the new record. He has a really broad range. He is just very musical as far as his melodic style is concerned and he's also very lyrical and just a really powerful singer. There's a lot of positives about the way he sings.

Q: Perhaps you want to talk a bit here about your other bandmates and what they each bring to the sound?

Slash: There's Brent who is probably one of the best drummers I've ever played with ? he has a great way of playing very powerful rock n roll while still being able to keep it behind the beat and sexy. And then Todd has got to be one of the most overall talented musicians I've worked with, just a really great bass player. Todd's very quick in the studio, a quick learner and creative as a writer; on top of that, he's also a great singer.

Q: Beyond you and Myles writing all the songs and Myles singing all the leads, in what other ways is the new album perhaps different from your debut solo album?

Slash: Myles and I basically collaborated on the new material. The main thing is we wrote these songs together which is a big difference from the last album where I wrote each song with all of the different collaborators. The whole creative nucleus is between Myles and me. On top of this, the whole rhythm section of Brent and Todd brings something to the table and changes the dynamic completely from the last record ? it's much more cohesive.

Q: With your record company Dik Hayd Records, you remain an independent artist and work with major companies for distribution. Can you talk about how you as an artist benefit by this scenario in these interesting times for the music industry?

Slash: It puts me more in the driver's seat of how I want to market the record, but even more importantly than that, I'm not giving half of everything that comes in on the album to the record company.

Q: Eric Valentine returns as producer for the new disc. What do you feel he brings as a producer to these songs and the overall approach?

Slash: The first thing we always talk about with Eric is he's an extremely gifted musician, but he is basically as talented an engineer, so it makes for a great combination as a producer. As a person he's easy to work with ? he's very patient and he lives and breathes what he does. That's a lot like how I am, we're similar; I can call him at any moment and ask him a question or share an idea I have with him. He's always in his element and it's something that I can appreciate.

Q: You toured the world seven times with the last album. What are your tour plans for the new album?

Slash: Right now we're starting off with radio shows in the states and then we'll do as much of Europe as possible. We'll also tour in Asia and Australia, and try to hit South Africa this year as well as India and a couple other spots. Trying to just broaden our horizons a bit.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169311

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2012, 06:56:08 PM »

From Slash Twitter:

Maybe he will write a song called January Snow

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2012, 08:12:12 PM »

From Slash Twitter:

Maybe he will write a song called January Snow

I would love to see a cross between a NR/Blackbird style epic on this album. I think we are going to get more GNR/Snakepit style Slash guitar than VR style Slash, at least that is what I hope. He seems pretty enthused about this album/band, so we will see.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »

Slash in the Studio // Episode One

Check out exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of Slash in the studio recording the follow-up album to his 2010...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIYbyb8xXTQ

Slash:

Setting up to rehearse the new record end to end for the Mativision shoot tomorrow. iiiI; )'

Shooting an album length video Tues.

5 minutes ago via WhoSay

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »

Here we go again with all the different releases, I think this is it so far...

U.S. release through EMI on May 22nd

Classic Rock Magazine Fan Pack on May 21

U.K. release through Roadrunner Records June 18th

Australia release May 18th

Sources:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169311

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/slash-announces-album-release-date/

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/blog/slash-to-release-second-studio-solo-album-on-may-18-2012/20120207-fkah.html

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »

piano

epic

Those are two words I don't like apart let alone together in regards to rock music.

Yikes.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:36:08 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2012, 04:54:43 PM »

piano
epic

Those are two words I don't like apart let alone together in regards to rock music.

Yikes.

Grin

RAIN ( THE CULT COVER )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drAeavobRhk

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »

That may haunt me til the day I die. nervous

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: