Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:24:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Good Time To Appreciate the Ex-Gunners
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Time To Appreciate the Ex-Gunners  (Read 2106 times)
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« on: November 19, 2007, 07:01:31 PM »

I was just thinking, it's not been a better time to be a fan of the ex-gunners than now for a long while.  I think all of them are musically active right now.  I'm just listening to Izzy's new album, I nearly went to see Adlers Appetite play near where I live a few weeks ago, Velvet Revolver are said to be hitting Europe (and hopefully the UK) in the near future.  I've just finished reading "Slash" and Reckless Road has been given the once over, and I'm now perusing various pages at random.  And it's not of as much interest to me, but isn't Gilby touring at the moment?

Ultimately, while the New Guns might not be up to much at the moment, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Matt, Steven and Gilby seem to be more than making up for the lack of progress in that camp and keeping me nicely entertained.  Hooray. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:26:11 PM »

I was just thinking, it's not been a better time to be a fan of the ex-gunners than now for a long while.? I think all of them are musically active right now.? I'm just listening to Izzy's new album, I nearly went to see Adlers Appetite play near where I live a few weeks ago, Velvet Revolver are said to be hitting Europe (and hopefully the UK) in the near future.? I've just finished reading "Slash" and Reckless Road has been given the once over, and I'm now perusing various pages at random.? And it's not of as much interest to me, but isn't Gilby touring at the moment?

Ultimately, while the New Guns might not be up to much at the moment, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Matt, Steven and Gilby seem to be more than making up for the lack of progress in that camp and keeping me nicely entertained.? Hooray.?

agreed, Libertad & Izzy's Album are making the wait for CD much easier

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:41:29 PM »

Have always appreciated Izzy sine JJH's came out...but it is nice to have another new album from him in the same year.

I was not a huge fan of Contraband, but like Libertad alot.

I am one of very few I think that actually liked Gilby in RSN. 

Great artists...nice to see new stuff by them.

KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »

Nice post. I have been listening to alot of Izzy's stuff, really am getting into Like a Dog. A very good album. I think River is probably my favorite. Also have been listening to Loaded and Neurotic Outsiders . I dig all of the solo stuff and bands those guys are/were apart of. The only stuff i never really got into was Slash's stuff. I thought the first Snakepit album was ok but Aint Life Grand was just not that good. I might have to go back and give those to another try.
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »

how the hell do you have a -3 karma with only 2 posts and just joining today?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: