Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:49:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Cd.com ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cd.com ?  (Read 29493 times)
bumbleslash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 10:50:22 PM »

i dont think they would change they were VERY proud of there design, i must admit its the most importnat feature i look for in a board.
Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 01:27:21 AM »

They changed designs many times, I joined late 2005 and saw 4-5 maybe 6 different designs..

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 01:47:49 AM »

regardless of what's happening, it's dramatic and cryptic. whether that is necessary is yet to be determined.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2007, 06:08:43 AM »

Whats up with the website,  it's down, I know for maintenance.

But it says now,  This is Guns N' Roses, this is chinese democracy,  and   Just one??? anyone
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2007, 06:20:10 AM »

updating the look of the site from what ive been told,

Looks great by the way,
looks fresh clean and bright, although I think i prefered the previous one,

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2007, 06:57:56 AM »

has the current design" of htgth always been the same?

caus no offence, but if this is an improvement on old designs,
then  Undecided

but it does the job at least,

once again,no dissrespect to the board Wink

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 07:29:59 AM »

Didn't they already update it at the start of the year?

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 07:35:34 AM »

updating the look of the site from what ive been told,

Looks great by the way,
looks fresh clean and bright, although I think i prefered the previous one,

What looks fresh, clean and bright? I know for a fact you can't have seen the board in its current state.

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 08:32:24 AM »

Didn't they already update it at the start of the year?

yes they did....quite wierd they're updating again! Cool
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 10:50:37 AM »

we'll be back soon i think ...

roboaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 11:16:08 AM »

hmm... just an update. All good I guess. Of course the subtitle of Starts Now was misleading at first. But typing ChineseDemocracy.com into google mentions the site now has bews and biographies. Seems the site's expanding...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 12:33:46 PM »

Sladdi's version of the events: http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=33157.0

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 12:35:52 PM »

Another drama unfolds?

First ROV, now cd and newgnr?

The soap opera writers could get a few stories off the net.

Damn, this is getting better and better...

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 12:42:13 PM »

so both sites have basically teh same forum/database up, but are running seperately?  Huh

edit: yup, i have the same set of private messages on 2 different sites now.  Grin    Its gonna be like alternate cyber realities.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 12:44:28 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 12:53:31 PM »

i just got an email not 3 seconds ago. I'm assuming all CD.com members got one like this-

Dear forum members,

Unlike Oasis, we could not find a way...

As you have noticed, the forum you knew as ChineseDemocracy.com has been down for the past couple of days. It is now again reachable under NewGNR.com/forum. The reason for this is that your admins, BP and Sladdi, have parted ways. Unfortunately, the parting of ways was not an amicable one.

As the forum really belongs to you, its users, I feel that you deserve an explanation of what happened. This is the story as told by me, Sladdi. There may be other sides of the story, which I encourage you to listen to, and to then make up your own mind.

• BP and myself both have owned GN'R fansites for a long time, gunsnroses.us and NewGNR.com.
  • BP and I both owned forums for our websites from around 2001. In addition, we both were members on the forum that was owned by soemeone else on ChineseDemocracy.com. Later on, I also became a moderator there.
  • In 2003, we decided to join forces, and merged the NewGNR.com (~5000 users) and gunsnroses.us (~1000 users) forums to NewGNR.com/bbs. In early 2004, BP bought the ChineseDemocracy.com domain name for a bargain through eBay to use it for our forum.
  • We both do the pages and forums in our free time, and on our own money. Running a page/forum that gets as much traffic as ours does cost a lot of time, and money. So you might not have been surprised when we started having ads on our forum in 2006.
  • ChineseDemocracy.com, as well as the merger forum before, was hosted on my servers for nearly 5 years. Yet, the ads we showed on the forum were BP's, i.e. all the money went to him, while I paid for the servers. I was fine with it, as at the time, he needed it. And regardless what you are told, the server IS costing me money at certain occassions, and in my current sitaution I consider this serious money.
  • It's now two years since we've had the ads. Since then, I have intensified my studies at the University, and paying for the server would become difficult sooner or later. I approached BP last week to ask if we could run my ads for a while on the forum. He has refused to have his ads removed, and he prefered we would part ways and continue with our own forums, so we can both earn. I would also have to hand over a copy of the database (including all posts, users, passwords, ...) to BP, which I refuse to do, not only for safety reasons (passwords), but also I wasn't comfortable with the idea that BP would technically be able to just put up a copy of this forum and the database and it's "his new ChineseDemocracy.com" - which would be nothing but unfair.
  • To protect the forum, I removed BP's administrative rights, and turned the forum off until we would have sorted things out.
  • I noticed that the DNS entry for ChineseDemocracy.com no longer points to my server. Given the timeframe in which it happened, I'm tempted to believe this change was initiated before BP proposed his idea mentioned above.
  • Since I invested all the money (and most of the time - creating all forums we have had together, as well as the redesigns in 2004 and 2006 which were entirely Bessam's and my work), I don't understand why I should hand over the forum to BP, with or without copy for me. I therefore moved it to NewGNR.com/forum, where you'll find it from now on as it used to be.

As many of you know, the relationship between BP and me was more than just net-buddies. BP and blueheart have asked me to be their best man - which was really an honor; I was here when they kinda got together and then to see them marry was truly beautiful. I value the friendship to both of them very highly. I am sad that things went down the way they did, it certainly never was my intention to hurt their (or anyone's) feelings. Eventhough I don't agree on same forums and databases being copied and hosted at different places, I wish them all the best with whatever their plans for ChineseDemocracy.com might be.

Sincerely yours,
Sladdi

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=33157.0

Regards,
The Guns N' Roses NewGNR.COM Forum Team

Undecided

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 12:55:34 PM »

drama s
Another drama unfolds?

i cant stand internet drama, i just want to look at a good looking forum and talk about how sexy jackie kennedy is !

hey christos, i still have the GNR.gr lighter you gave in london, it's my favorite gnr item ever Wink

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 12:57:21 PM »

bp answer

I didn't approve of any of this and sladdi's facts are way off.? I'll give my thoughts at a later time, but he has 0 bills for server and never did.? 2. I pay around $200 for the GNR Community a month. Adsense helps me only a little bit. sladdi makes much more than that with newgnr.com.? I'm sorry sladdi wants everything and to leave me nothing:

No server access (Not allowed backups and not allowed files) are you kidding me?
didn't want me to work on the site
didn't want me to collect any adsense towards my server while he had a $0 bill
Didn't think I had a right to my files?? are you kidding me man?
No uTube
No mods whatsoever
basically said I can't do or have anything to do with my part of the site including my files.

He refused to work with me even half way and instead of us working the forum together he wanted the site on newgnr.com to collect more ad revenue because with what he was collecting $$ already was not enuff for him, but certainly a lot more than me. and I am the only one with bills.

so this will never happen again, and I worked hard to get the site back up and now everything is on my server. I wish it was both of us working side by side.

I'm sorry, but now in the best interest of cd.com, everthing will be fine now.? That's all I have to say.

-BP

lets end the drama discussion anyway ... useless.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »

hey christos, i still have the GNR.gr lighter you gave in london, it's my favorite gnr item ever Wink

It should be...

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »

Regardless of whether you liked them or not, whether you were a member there or not, or whether you cared at all - this is all very sad..... Sad

...apart from the part keeping Christos entertained with the drama and soap... Tongue

Interestingly, it is not the first time BP has had to deal with dirty laundary in public...

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »

Hey all - thanks for your concern about our forum. My explanation/opinion has been posted above, thanks to Jarmo / CHINESE  DEMOCRACY eventually.

As you can imagine, I'm a little busy right now (not to speak of being stressed out because of the last couple of days). I'll answer questions if you have any...

Smiley Thank you for your concern and understanding.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 02:05:16 PM by sladdi » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: