Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:26:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD returns to Best Buy ad...$7.99
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD returns to Best Buy ad...$7.99  (Read 26093 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2009, 02:21:18 AM »

People aren't going to suddenly buy a 10 month old album because they see it for sale. Perhaps if they saw the band on TV, or on tour...
If it's cheap enough they will. I don't even like the Ramones but I bought their greatest hits in Walmart just because it was $7. If the price is low enough, some people dip in.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2009, 04:25:36 AM »

I'll repeat it again, as fans we better care about this band's success.

Do u really think the label are going to spend another 13 million on CD's follow up?

Do u really think another retailer is going to do an exclusive with GNR after this?

If we want GNR to continue, we better be very concerned with the success of the band cause Axl kind of strikes me as somebody who can take it or leave it.

If its more of a headache than its worth, I can see him never doing anything else.

so yeah, it matters how well this stuff does and it is our concern.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2009, 04:39:13 AM »

Do u really think the label are going to spend another 13 million on CD's follow up?

Do u really think another retailer is going to do an exclusive with GNR after this?

If we want GNR to continue, we better be very concerned with the success of the band cause Axl kind of strikes me as somebody who can take it or leave it.

If its more of a headache than its worth, I can see him never doing anything else.

Couldn't agree more! 

I hate this attitude that releasing CD was a "miracle" and we should all just be happy that its out.  If it doesn't sell and they won't promote it, they won't be giving money to make such a follow up.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 04:46:11 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2009, 05:28:01 AM »

I don't know which fan I find more ridiculous

the one who doesn't care how much the album sells or the one that doesn't care how many people are at a show as long as they get to see it.

to me that is some selfish shit.

If GNR tour and it does bad, guess what? no promoter will want to touch them next time, especially in this economy.

so yes it is always awesome getting a new CD or a tour but as fans, the success of our band matters a lot for future albums and tours.
GNR are too big to do a club tour so its arenas or bust. For tours to happen,they have to have success.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2009, 12:54:49 PM »

fans caring about the sales for the band's sake is natural.
but fans blaming the band for the sales... is preposterous, like the tail wagging the dog.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2009, 01:57:16 PM »

It's back up this week but for some reason it's at $11.99 instead of the usual $12.99. Vinyl is still at $20... grr lol

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »

but fans blaming the band for the sales... is preposterous, like the tail wagging the dog.

But what if they do nothing to promote it? Shouldn't they share in the blame? Ive always thought of this as a clusterfuck on all sides. Everyone dropped the ball ( label, management, the band). This album had such a huge built in promotion ( notoriety to the point of becoming legendary). A few ads on national television here and there won't do anything to sell albums. Rockband won't help sell albums. They had to get out there and promote. And it's not selling out. This is what artists do. When they have the platform that GNR can get they use it to there advantage. They shouldve promoted this baby hard because I also feel that the leaked tracks killed some of the hype. They had to get out there and make people want to buy this album.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2009, 03:43:04 PM »

Its is their fault as well.  I am responsible for my products selling. No, I dont personally go out and sell it, we have people who market and take care of things like that.  If gnr's product is not selling as well as expected, than it is their responsibility to make sure the right people are doing what they are supposed to do.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2009, 04:00:46 PM »

I want the band to be successful, but I don't necessarily want to see them become mainstream again.   I want them to be successful enough to do what they need to do.   And I'm not going to ridicule them when they aren't as successful as I'd like.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2009, 04:17:27 PM »

No, its warrented. The band....Axl in this case....is somewhat responsible for how the promotional campaign ended up. Its his band, his album, etc. He is ultimately responsible for "selling" it/ reenforcing it to the public when its released. The label gave the band millions of dollars for the "art". Most of those millions were probably wasted along the way. You cant expect the label, after spending millions of dollars, along with the length of time it took Axl to finally release it to be excited about funding a full fledged promotional campaign.

Everyone knows that the labels are only in it for the money. Even more so now then back in the day. But if you take their money in making the album....then you really cant complain later on. Both are to blame.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2009, 04:24:47 PM »

A tour and a video would help sales. Otherwise it's gonna stay dead.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2009, 04:33:37 PM »

I disagree. Will a video really help sales? Where can you even find a video on TV anymore? I guess it would help in the sense that it will finally put an official face on the "new gnr"...even though the 2 lead guitarists are gone. Sometimes I think that because of that Axl is really in no rush to do anything big. How can he promote a lineup that is always changing?

So in that sense I think it will help. But I dont think sales will pick up until GNR end the stop and go nonsense and finally get out there for awhile. Meaning tour, videos, interviews, and tv/award show performances. If they do that for a yr or so then they should be able to make a dent in attracting new fans.

I used to really want to see GNR reclaim the rock throne but now I really dont care. That boat has sailed when Bucket and Robin left. As long as Axl releases a few more albums before he calls it quits I will be fine with that. A couple of videos would be nice too.

I always had a hunch that Axl "got it" in regards to his hardcore fan base and the Axl chats only solidified that for me. He knows what we all think,say, and want but its probably just not in the cards. And at this point thats all fine. As long as he continues to make great music like CD and stops by every once in awhile then its all gravy.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2009, 05:35:15 PM »

I still think u guys underestimate videos.

Just because u may not see it, doesn't mean others won't. If it gets 500 thousand hits on YouTube that is HUGE.

SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2009, 05:40:26 PM »

Well, I don't know what kind of TV the rest of you get, but my channel lineup looks like this:

331 - MTV
333 - MTV 2
335 - VH1
339 - FUSE

All 4 play music videos all morning (weekdays).

Lots of rock videos on there, too. RHCP, Metallica, Audioslave, Green Day, etc.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »

so true im sick of hearing that its all Axls fault well people its not their alot of people in the GN'R work place

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »

so true im sick of hearing that its all Axls fault well people its not their alot of people in the GN'R work place

I thought Axl = GN'R.

If you want to take all the credit, you've got to take all the blame. Ari Gold would have made it happen.
Chronada
Opening Act

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2009, 09:07:48 AM »

"Do u really think the label are going to spend another 13 million on CD's follow up?"
No i do not think so.

Answer this follow up question.

Do you honestly think it will take another 13 million to complete CD's follow up?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:10:59 AM by Chronada » Logged
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2009, 09:16:59 AM »

Do you honestly think it will take another 13 million to complete CD's follow up?

How the hell does an album cost 13 million anyways!  Loaded made "Sick" for like 20,000! and its awesome!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2009, 09:21:36 AM »

I disagree. Will a video really help sales? Where can you even find a video on TV anymore? I guess it would help in the sense that it will finally put an official face on the "new gnr"...even though the 2 lead guitarists are gone. Sometimes I think that because of that Axl is really in no rush to do anything big. How can he promote a lineup that is always changing?

Reznor does it with NIN.  I can be done....the question is:  Do they (or does Axl) WANT to do it that way.  I suspect not. But it CAN be done.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2009, 09:22:02 AM »

How the hell does an album cost 13 million anyways!  Loaded made "Sick" for like 20,000! and its awesome!
Read any of the accounts from Brain, Tommy, etc. and you'll quickly realize how this album cost 13 million to make.  Let's not start comparing how much it cost to make other albums.  We're all well aware that the making of Chinese Democracy was "unique" to say the least.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: