Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:52:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe  (Read 81167 times)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2007, 11:46:08 AM »

In this case I am not really bringing who wrote the song into it........

I am talking about the song's "spirit".

Too poetic for ya?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CSS
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2007, 11:49:21 AM »

Yeah...

My point is that you fight over such stupid things - I don't care about no spirit.

They wrote it together and that's why they decided to play it.

(And if you really want to know who wrote it and brought the "spirit" into it, it was Duff McKagan... Check some old interviews)

There, happy? I seriously couldn't care less about this show. I just think it's cool that people had a good time and that they enjoyed themselves.

No harm done.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »

Can you articulate your ideas more rather than call something you don't understand stupid.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2007, 11:54:12 AM »

Don't get me wrong - I loved it that Duff and Izzy agreed to play on a few songs. At least those songs didn't sound too bad. However, this is still a cover band in which none of the musicians is a professional (not even Steven any more) and they imitate something or somebody else and try to make a living out of it. I don't want to appear too harsh but people should not be making a living out of imitating something else and have no creative abilities of their own whatsoever. They should only do that for free and for fun.
That said, I could understand the awkwardness of the situation in Duff and Slash's eyes and not wanting to play with a bunch of wannabies who couldn't even hold all the notes of the songs. I mean it is just sad. These guys do not deserve to find themselves on stage with some amateurs who ruin the art that they (Slash and Duff and Izzy) helped create more than 20 years ago.

Yes, Duff was dragged on stage to perform Brownstone - it was pretty obvious from my vantage point. And as the song progressed he appeared to regret even more that he was up there with these guys.

Wow yeah that does sound a little harsh...
I wasn't there nor have I ever seen AA live so maybe you're right. ?Are they really horrible live? I would assume that Adler would get capable musicians to play the Appetite stuff...
As far as them being hired to play other people's stuff someone did point out that that is basically what New GNR is doing too right? ?Sure they do play some new stuff but didn't AA release an EP of a couple new songs too? ?Did they play any of those or just Guns stuff?
As far as Duff being dragged up there...you were there and I wasn't but the few pics I've seen show him with a bass that looks like one of the ones he usually plays...are you sure he was dragged up there? ?It looks to me like he brought a bass with him planning to play last night...unless AA's bass player has an identical bass...
Could be...

Or more likely, he changed his mind after hearing the band play a few songs, as did Slash. Weren't those backstage pictures earlier from after the show? I don't buy that he had to leave early.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »

Yeah...

My point is that you fight over such stupid things - I don't care about no spirit.

And my point is, if I'm bothering to discuss a point here, then it most certainly isn't a stuipid thing!

Not insulted, merely irked.........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CSS
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2007, 12:01:10 PM »

And my point is, if I'm bothering to discuss a point here, then it most certainly isn't a stuipid thing!

That depends on how you see things.

(I misunderstood your previous post, I'm sorry about that)
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2007, 12:03:05 PM »

random observation: does anyone else think there may be some problems between Slash and Duff?? ?Duff said in the Rolling Stone article that they weren't talking for a while and you dont see them together in any of these pics.? ?

Hmm, didn't think about it untill you mentioned it.
I don't think so to be honest. There are a lot of times where people post how they met Slash and Duff together in a city before a show, hanging out together. The way I see it the two of them seem to be good mates. They've been through a lot together, and would know each other really well. As what happens with people you are around for a long time, you can have fallings out, or simply just need some space from each other for a while, but you're still friends and still end up hanging out again. That's the way I can see those guys.

Steven said a few days a ago (the same myspace post where he said he would get a roadie to ask Axl to come hihi) that Slash was hanging round with Duff in LA.

What about Duff?

Well, he's workin' with Slash, and he's in town? nothings confirmed. I hope he'll be there.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=169850044&blogID=290839584

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2007, 12:16:20 PM »

"The Classic Metal Show" conducted an interview with ex-ADLER'S APPETITE vocalist Sheldon Tarsha Saturday night (July 28) just prior to his show at the Roxy; playing head-to-head against Steven Adler's show the same night where GUNS N' ROSES members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin popped up on stage to peform with ADLER'S APPETITE. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

On why Slash, Izzy and Duff would help Steven Adler out:

"The greatest thing going on right now in the Adler camp is that he's playing the sympathy card with Slash and Izzy; getting these guys to come down and pop up on stage with him. It just gives Steven more ammunition to use that fame card to manipulate people and get people to do his bidding and do what he wants them to do. They feel like there's this chance that GUNS N' ROSES could reunite, 'and I want to be in Steven.' I don't know those guys (Izzy, Slash, Duff) personally, but I know people that know them very well. Knowing Steven for so long, I kind of get the gist of it. Those guys ? they kind of feel sorry for Steven. He got himself kicked out of GUNS N' ROSES because he has his own attitude problem, and obviously substance abuse issues. You know, they just kind of feel sorry for him. Those guys have had really cool lives. Slash ? look at him. He's an American icon. He kind of feels bad for his bro that he went to junior high school with. They started the dream together, and now Steven is just scraping the bottom of the barrel. Slash is riding high with his brand new band and doing all this big time stuff. He just wants to kind of dish out some charity for him."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=77796

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2007, 12:25:23 PM »

I'm sure its a lot of it has to do with pity. In fact I think the reason slash DIDN'T play was because he didn't want to do it for pity or sorrow.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2007, 12:33:26 PM »

But how do you KNOW this? I have never heard Axl say I'm not interested in doing the steven adler thing? You are assuming....

I didn't know you where Duff's concise hahaha.

I'm sure its a lot of it has to do with pity. In fact I think the reason slash DIDN'T play was because he didn't want to do it for pity or sorrow.

Funny how you're jumping on people for posting while you're busy assuming shit yourself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »

But how do you KNOW this? I have never heard Axl say I'm not interested in doing the steven adler thing? You are assuming....

I didn't know you where Duff's concise hahaha.

Funny how you're jumping on people for posting while you're busy assuming shit yourself.

/jarmo

I said I think , as in IMO as in why are you on my case?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2007, 01:38:07 PM »

Your hypocrisy is amusing to me.

On one hand you attack others for posting their thoughts and assumptions while doing the exact same thing yourself.

Leatherebel went to the show and reported what he saw.

You attacked me for saying Axl wasn't gonna be there.

Now you're assuming you know why Slash didn't play with no evidence to back up your assumptions.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2007, 03:01:38 PM »

smoking

Nice, Garry! ok
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2007, 06:27:59 PM »

random observation: does anyone else think there may be some problems between Slash and Duff?   Duff said in the Rolling Stone article that they weren't talking for a while and you dont see them together in any of these pics.   

Well, as I recall it, Duff was talking about the days after the Contraband tour, not nowadays... So you?re kinda building a non-story... Roll Eyes

Yeah...

(And if you really want to know who wrote it and brought the "spirit" into it, it was Duff McKagan... Check some old interviews)

There, happy? I seriously couldn't care less about this show. I just think it's cool that people had a good time and that they enjoyed themselves.

No harm done.

lol remember what I said three days ago about threads turning into battlefields cos of the same discussions? I?m really not surprised with this reactions post-show... I think expecting people being happy with this was kinda having too much high hopes. but no, here we are again, going on with the Old vs New story which has been told about 100000 times on this board.  Roll Eyes

guys: Steven, Slash, Duff and Izzy met up again, after so many years in a 20th anniversary party of appetitte for destruction which I assume, most or all people here on the board may love... Why can?t we focus just on this? Why can?t we be happy for once? They were all there, like the old days... thats fucking awesome! We all knew that Axl wouldn?t show up... that would be a fucking miracle, but man, having those 4 guys together again, even for just a couple of hours is just fucking great! peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
isa
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2007, 08:11:29 PM »

Izzy looks younger n hotter than ever!, thanks him for be there too love
random observation: does anyone else think there may be some problems between Slash and Duff? Duff said in the Rolling Stone article that they weren't talking for a while and you dont see them together in any of these pics.

Well, as I recall it, Duff was talking about the days after the Contraband tour, not nowadays... So you?re kinda building a non-story... Roll Eyes

Yeah...

No harm done.

lol remember what I said three days ago about threads turning into battlefields cos of the same discussions? I?m really not surprised with this reactions post-show... I think expecting people being happy with this was kinda having too much high hopes. but no, here we are again, going on with the Old vs New story which has been told about 100000 times on this board. Roll Eyes

guys: Steven, Slash, Duff and Izzy met up again, after so many years in a 20th anniversary party of appetitte for destruction which I assume, most or all people here on the board may love... Why can?t we focus just on this? Why can?t we be happy for once? They were all there, like the old days... thats fucking awesome! We all knew that Axl wouldn?t show up... that would be a fucking miracle, but man, having those 4 guys together again, even for just a couple of hours is just fucking great! peace

yes, it could be, but in other one I saw the four of them talkin'
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »

Why didnt Tracii Guns jam with them at all, he too put alot of work into that album

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2007, 01:15:27 AM »

Why didnt Tracii Guns jam with them at all, he too put alot of work into that album

Tracii?? Maybe on Anything Goes , and thats it haahah even at that I doubt.
whpprsnpprr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2007, 05:07:18 AM »

Could this be the first time that Izzy and Gilby have been in the same room together?
It'd be cool to hear them jam together on something...some Stones or something
CSS
« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2007, 06:35:55 AM »

Could this be the first time that Izzy and Gilby have been in the same room together?

They've met before.
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #279 on: July 31, 2007, 07:22:41 AM »

It'd be cool to hear them jam together on something...some Stones or something

They were actually friends long before Gilby took over for Izzy during the UYI tour.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: