Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:51:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Responds to EW About Break Up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Responds to EW About Break Up  (Read 34018 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 11:38:54 AM »

It should be noted that in 2008 Weiland is no more relevant than Sebastian Bach.

And at least no one will ever accuse Bach of being a fraud.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 11:48:42 AM »

I'm sure Scott is joking about Baz but I hope VR don't think of considering him.  His music sucks and he is still stuck in 1989. 
Not to say his music was bad with Skid Row but he hasn't done shit since then.  Bring in Chris Cornell or someone more talented and exciting.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 11:52:21 AM »

Bring in Chris Cornell or someone more talented and exciting.

Remember Audioslave?

I hope he learned his lesson and stays away.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »

I bet Rick Astley is available....give em a call slash!  

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
ACE_is_BACK
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »

I also am not a supporter of Scott... but he is right in what he said there.

First he already didn't want to be part of it, he left. So why the rest pretends he was fired or something.

Second, in that statement by VR, especially Guitar Hero media whore Slash, they were stabbing Scott in the back. There were problems on many levels, by everyone, yet they blamed just Scott. No mention of the others going to rehab and canceling shows because of that.. Slash will probably also blame Scott for his own mediocre songwriting in VR, roflcopter.

Third, don't believe the bull coming now from VR, they are in it for teh moneh... the hunting part suggests that too  peace

Well done Scott, finally you showed you are not like those other posers, just for once, looking forward to hearing STP, which is your place  ok

no one knows what really happened behind the scenes. It's very possible that afte he went to rehab and cancelled the aussie tour, etc that they either gave him an ultimatum or basically said, we're done with you after this tour, so he took the opportunity live to say "this is our last tour" and made it seem like it was his choice. I'm not saying that that's what happened, but it's very possible. Since late last year, they have had nothing but problems with him, so yah I wouldn't be surprised. Even with that being said, his statement is still pretty truthful though.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:56:27 AM by ACE_is_BACK » Logged
ACE_is_BACK
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 11:55:28 AM »

It should be noted that in 2008 Weiland is no more relevant than Sebastian Bach.

And at least no one will ever accuse Bach of being a fraud.

skid row might haha
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 11:56:44 AM »

Not a single insult in that entire statement. Weiland must have been drunk. hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »

Remember Audioslave?

/jarmo

Audioslave put out 3 very successful albums.  Chris was also in one of the best bands in the 90's and has done very well on his own.  Don't start picking a fight Jarmo.  I quit picking when you started bitching last night.  Just making a point about a very successful musician who has better pipes than almost any singer out there.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »

I think the shot at Baz was his way of referencing what the band would have been without him. He was the difference between them being seen as the irrelevant washed up 80's relic they would have been labeled as opposed to a Weiland led a grammy winning outfit that went triple platinum that had 2 #1 rock singles. Libertad bombed, but Contraband is looking like an increasingly bigger success as time passes for how well it did in a deteriorating marketplace. They would have been lucky to move a 100,000 copies with Baz at the helm. No one would have even known they existed outside of a few message boards. I think Scott is reminding them of how good they had it with him with a jab like that.

That is kind of a tough claim to make considering that things are looking bright for the impending STP reunion. Feelings about Scott aside there is considerably more interest in that than whatever Sebastian happens to be doing at this given time.

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 12:00:53 PM »

I think the shot at Baz was his way of referencing what the band would have been without him. He was the difference between them being seen as the irrelevant washed up 80's relic they would have been labeled as opposed to a Weiland led a grammy winning outfit that went triple platinum that had 2 #1 rock singles. Libertad bombed, but Contraband is looking like an increasingly bigger success as time passes for how well it did in a deteriorating marketplace. They would have been lucky to move a 100,000 copies with Baz at the helm. No one would have even known they existed outside of a few message boards. I think Scott is reminding them of how good they had it with him with a jab like that.

That is kind of a tough claim to make considering that things are looking bright for the impending STP reunion. Feelings about Scott aside there is considerably more interest in that than whatever Sebastian happens to be doing at this given time.

Agreed
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »

Audioslave put out 3 very successful albums.  Chris was also in one of the best bands in the 90's and has done very well on his own. 

He's made comments about how he's happy to be a solo artist.

Audioslave didn't end too well. Almost like VR....

Don't start picking a fight Jarmo.

I'm not. Just looks like you can't handle somebody disagreeing with you so you have to make it personal. Time after time again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeraldFord
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 12:06:21 PM »

Remember Audioslave?

/jarmo

Keep in mind how much CC's last album sucked...

Still, I think he'd be a good fit for VR.

Imagine Slash doing "birth ritual."
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 12:06:28 PM »

Audioslave put out 3 very successful albums.  Chris was also in one of the best bands in the 90's and has done very well on his own. 

He's made comments about how he's happy to be a solo artist.

Audioslave didn't end too well. Almost like VR....

Don't start picking a fight Jarmo.

I'm not. Just looks like you can't handle somebody disagreeing with you so you have to make it personal. Time after time again.

/jarmo

Look in the mirror buddy.  I don't mind people disagreeing with me.  It just seems you always come in this section with Guns Blazing.   I'm done have to work.  Look forward to same exact conversation later. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 12:12:08 PM »

Again, he could have taken high road, just like Slash could have.  But they don't, and that is gae.  And Baz had nothing to do with this.  And Dave had nothing to do with this either.  And for all the rehabs Matt and Slash may or may not have gone too, none of them ever missed a show, or fell over slurring some words, or made stupid political rants.  Weiland at times was an amazing front man.  Dynamite.  Other times his voice was horrid and looked out of it.  He had some good (slither) and some bad (big machine).  Lets just be happy we did get two albums from this bunch and look towards the future.  I don't like Scott, but I do appreciate what he did contribute.  He wasn't my choice, but after 4 shows, I am thankfull for getting the chance to see this band.  They were a fantastic live act.  And I got to see my Guitar hero Slash and Duff, something I never thought I would see live. 

Thanks Slash, Duff, Dave, Matt, and Scott for making it as long as you did and putting out a few decent tracks to rock out too.  I am sorry ya'll couldn't gel on a more personal level. 

Smoking Guns
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 12:14:31 PM »

Is it any coincidence problems started to arise when Scott fell off the wagon?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »

What a bitchfest.  So entertaining.  Weiland is an asshole though, the way he's trying to put down the boys as if he's way above them.  I can't wait until the STP reunion blows up in his face. 
madagas
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 12:16:21 PM »

"Weiland led a grammy winning outfit"

Nice comment Naupis.....you know you are quality when you win a grammy.  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 12:19:44 PM »

Keep in mind how much CC's last album sucked...

Still, I think he'd be a good fit for VR.

Imagine Slash doing "birth ritual."

Why do you think he would fit?

He's famous, he might not mix too well with the other superstars in the band.

And for all the rehabs Matt and Slash may or may not have gone too, none of them ever missed a show,

Did you miss the part in his previous announcement where he said Matt was the reason for the canceled Australian tour last year?

Look in the mirror buddy.  I don't mind people disagreeing with me.  It just seems you always come in this section with Guns Blazing.   I'm done have to work.  Look forward to same exact conversation later. 

Oh really!

Please point out the part where I attacked you last night?

I posted my opinion and you made it personal.

It's a simple fact and you should take some responsibility for it.

It happens quite often. I say something that's on my mind and instead of replying to the things I say, it's all about Axl and how much I hate VR.

Shows how much some of you are interested in actual discussions. I guess it takes away the focus....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:21:15 PM by jarmo » Logged

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 12:31:21 PM »

Shows how much some of you are interested in actual discussions. I guess it takes away the focus....

/jarmo

Now that's a really ironic statement coming from you, when 9 out of 10 posts you make in the vr section are just trying to elicit a certain response from vr fans.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:33:03 PM by Grouse » Logged
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »

jarmo, that's because when they know they are wrong and can't debunk, the character assasination tactic is pulled out  peace

Instead of talking about the topic, they talk about you/me/whoever and the "hidden agenda" attached to our opinions, roflcopter  ok

*edit* See the post above mine as example  beer

This signature is very funny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: