Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:44:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Responds to EW About Break Up
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Responds to EW About Break Up  (Read 34014 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 12:35:50 PM »

Keep in mind how much CC's last album sucked...

Still, I think he'd be a good fit for VR.

Imagine Slash doing "birth ritual."

And for all the rehabs Matt and Slash may or may not have gone too, none of them ever missed a show,

Did you miss the part in his previous announcement where he said Matt was the reason for the canceled Australian tour last year?

/jarmo

Jarmo, I meant more about Slash and the shows Matt missed were rescheduled, but nixed again when Scott went to rehab. They, the other guys not Scott, are functional addicts.  Scott isn't.  That was my point.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2008, 12:39:41 PM »

"Weiland led a grammy winning outfit"

Nice comment Naupis.....you know you are quality when you win a grammy.

Doesn't mean it is legendary quality if you have one, but it is hardly a terrible distinction to have. It is doubtful that without Scott they would have been in a similar position that people would even take them serious enough as a group to even be in the game in that respect.

Winning an Oscar doesn't mean something was quality either as it is all a big popularity contest/political game, but as an artist it is rewarding to be recognized like that ultimately. To dismiss it as if everyone gets one and it is meaningless achievement is an interesting assumption as I have yet to see an artist turn one down. There have been plenty of acts who should have won one that didn't, but to dismiss the idea of the industry recognizing your achievements all the way across the board as irrelevant because of some omissions along the way is using an awful broad brush to paint that picture.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 12:49:45 PM »

Now that's a really ironic statement coming from you, when 9 out of 10 posts you make in the vr section are just trying to elicit a certain response from vr fans.

That response would be the discussion.

Instead I get attacked for a bunch of pointless shit that none of you have any clue about anyway.

If you think I'm interested in talking about GN'R in this section, or Pearl Jam, then you need to get a fucking clue.

I have actually seen some people who are able to discuss things in this section.  ok

Jarmo, I meant more about Slash and the shows Matt missed were rescheduled, but nixed again when Scott went to rehab. They, the other guys not Scott, are functional addicts.  Scott isn't.  That was my point.

So basically all the blame should be on Weiland?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:51:29 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 01:04:29 PM »

Scott's retort was a little less volitile than I expected, hardly the high road by any means but
the high road ship seems to have sailed quite a while ago.

The Bach comment was fucking hysterical, absolutley unnecessary but the definite knock out punch in the verbal back and forth.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »

Has the VR section EVER seen this much "traffic"?

Wow...things are hopping around here.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 01:15:26 PM »

Jarmo, I meant more about Slash and the shows Matt missed were rescheduled, but nixed again when Scott went to rehab. They, the other guys not Scott, are functional addicts.  Scott isn't.  That was my point.

So basically all the blame should be on Weiland?

/jarmo
[/quote]

85% of the blame should go to Weiland.  Dave is innocent here.  Duff seems fairly innocent.  Matt is 10% to blame and Slash is 5% to blame.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2008, 01:18:19 PM »

While I can understand why Weiland took a shot at Slash because of what Slash said in the press release yesterday, I hope that Weiland realizes that despite his sarcasm, Slash is literally a guitar hero and a legend and he was lucky to share a stage with him.  Why he didn't name Dave is beyond me as well.  It's not a bad thing that he's remained sober this whole time.

Bringing Baz into the discussion was pointless and stupid.  Sorry Weiland, but Baz has the kind of pipes most singers dream of having.

Ali
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2008, 01:19:04 PM »

85% of the blame should go to Weiland.  Dave is innocent here.  Duff seems fairly innocent.  Matt is 10% to blame and Slash is 5% to blame.

Wow, how'd you come up those numbers? If the stories I've read are anything to go by, it'd be more like: Weiland 33%, Matt 33% and Slash 33%.

Fuck 'Em All.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2008, 01:21:41 PM »

It should be noted that in 2008 Weiland is no more relevant than Sebastian Bach.

And at least no one will ever accuse Bach of being a fraud.

I was going to say just this but it seems you have already done so. yes

Scott is in for a rude awakening.  STP was a long time ago.  He acts like them reuniting will be the 2nd coming of Christ.

This internet flamethrowing by the band mates is rather amusing though.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2008, 01:23:36 PM »

Wow, how'd you come up those numbers? If the stories I've read are anything to go by, it'd be more like: Weiland 33%, Matt 33% and Slash 33%.

That's only 99 percent.

Can we blame the roadies for the other 1%?  Just for fun?

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »

Scott is in for a rude awakening.  STP was a long time ago.  He acts like them reuniting will be the 2nd coming of Christ.

Wasn't it billed as "a reunion of epic proportions" or something similar on their own site?

That's only 99 percent.

I think Matt deserves more credit!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ACE_is_BACK
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2008, 01:27:11 PM »

That's only 99 percent.

I heard izzy somehow gets the 1%
but it does add up to 100 actually.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »

Wasn't it billed as "a reunion of epic proportions" or something similar on their own site?

/jarmo

Sounds like Legend in his own Mind syndrome to me.

Either way, they should just move on and stop insulting each other over the web.  So lame, yet fun to read!

I don't even care who is to blame but if they want to be taken seriously in the future then maybe this isn't the correct route to take?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2008, 01:30:35 PM »

Bringing Baz into the discussion was pointless and stupid.  Sorry Weiland, but Baz has the kind of pipes most singers dream of having.

Ali

Agreed on the "pointless" opinion not on the "stupd".

I actually found it clever, if you're gonna go down that road go down it with a wry sense of humor.

That comment cut to the quick and will be hard pressed to be topped... yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2008, 01:33:33 PM »

How much of a prick you're allowed to be in rock is generally scalable by the size of your talent.

And then there's Scott Weiland. A collosal granny-fucker of a prick, with virtually no talent.

And there goes the challenger...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2008, 01:33:56 PM »

I actually found it clever, if you're gonna go down that road go down it with a wry sense of humor.

I don't know...I think:

"Sticks and stones will break our bones but your bullshit will never hurt us" is about as clever...and would just about top it.  It would be just as juvenile, that's for sure. 

And let's face it...those guys can point to the fact that Scott's not even the BEST front man they've worked with, really.  Ultimately, they DID decide Scott was a better fit that Baz, so I'm not sure if I were Scott I'd slag on their judgement.

Together again,
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2008, 01:34:47 PM »

Taken from http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/04/velvet-revolver.html

After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious "GUITAR HERO," Saul Hudson, a.k.a Slash, I find it humorous that the so called four "founding members" of Velvet Revolver, better known to themselves as "the Project" before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow.  In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment, I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth.  The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun... at times, but let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member, no need to mention his name).  Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back.  This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow band mates in STP and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang.

p.s. don't be fooled by veiled trickery

p.p.s good hunting lads, I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice.

-= iZzbO =-

I'm no fan of Scott or STP, but from what he writes, I think he means it. Good luck to Scott and STP.
..and to the four remaining guys: No, please don't let Seb join VR. He really sucks!!!
Sure Seb sounds cool on the radio, and Seb is so rock n'rock, but live, fuck no!  hihi

better known to themselves as "the Project" before I officially named the band,
Hope Scott hasn't done an Axl by owning the rights to the name VR  hihi

Actually Slash and Duff came up with Revolver, Scott added Velvet.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2008, 01:35:51 PM »

I don't know...I think:

"Sticks and stones will break our bones but your bullshit will never hurt us" is about as clever...and would just about top it.  It would be just as juvenile, that's for sure. 

And let's face it...those guys can point to the fact that Scott's not even the BEST front man they've worked with, really.  Ultimately, they DID decide Scott was a better fit that Baz, so I'm not sure if I were Scott I'd slag on their judgement.

Did Scott thank Duff and Slash for pretty much saving him and his marriage early on?
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2008, 01:38:06 PM »

What about Sammy Hagar
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAI wonder how "successful" the STP tour will be.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »

What about Sammy Hagar
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAI wonder how "successful" the STP tour will be.

Honestly, it will largely depend on Weiland.

If he gets his shit together, and manages to be competent and lucid on stage while belting out STP cornerstones....it'll probably do fine after some build up (like festivals, etc).

If he implodes, regularly, or shows up all fucked up and unable to PERFORM (and I don't mean sing, I mean perform), it'll bomb.

With Weiland, that sounds like a familiar song.....

That's one of the "issues" I have to Scott's responses on this.  It's true...he's only really cancelled one set of shows in his career.  But he completely ignores the count of shows at which he showed up....so fucked up that his performance REALLY suffered and he didn't, remotely, give the fans their money's worth.   That will be the biggest factor in how successful, ultimately, the STP reunion is.

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: