Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Responds to EW About Break Up
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Responds to EW About Break Up  (Read 34018 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »

This situation is absolutely surreal. The tea leaves were there to read but this shit fell apart quickly. Weiland shows his true colors which is not surprisng. He truly lacks self control and will probably find more people leaving him behind in life than the other way around.

I hope Slash makes a great solo record; one which brings a possible collaboration of old Indiana friends.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »

Kinda funny how he says the guys in STP have his back. I just dug out an issue of Guitar Magazine from 11/03 and what is on the cover from Scott , "These guys got my back". The sad thing is STP will implode aswell. As soon as Scott's shit gets old hat again with the Deleo boys. It is a damn shame , Scott is a helluva a front man like him or not.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »

the shot at Baz was unnecessary....seems to me like Scott is overestimating his relevance......IMO Stone temple pilots/Scott in 2008 are no more relavent than Skid Row and Sebastian bach are/were...

STP were a 2nd wave grunge band

Skid row were a 2nd wage metal band

both have a couple of staple songs that get played on the radio...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2008, 02:06:39 PM »

Actually Slash and Duff came up with Revolver, Scott added Velvet.

Yes ... and he's also forgetting that multiple times, Slash and Duff commented that they weren't called 'The Project' ... that was a media coined name.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2008, 02:15:52 PM »

How patient where the 4 members while waiting on Scott?  VERY!!!  And they gave in a lot to scott from the producers to studio, to track selection, to not playing GNR type music.  yet, he acts like he is the one that tried to make it work.  Say what you want about Slash and Matt, they put up with a lot more from Scott than most of us would have.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »

whatever scott was their choice.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »

How patient where the 4 members while waiting on Scott?  VERY!!!  And they gave in a lot to scott from the producers to studio, to track selection, to not playing GNR type music.  yet, he acts like he is the one that tried to make it work.  Say what you want about Slash and Matt, they put up with a lot more from Scott than most of us would have.

How about putting up with slash wanting to go back to his former band?  Roll Eyes
guns_n_motley
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

How about putting up with slash wanting to go back to his former band?  Roll Eyes

kind of a faulty argument when Weiland LEFT to go back to his former band...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2008, 02:47:57 PM »

Sorry, I loved Scott in VR, but these people that have your back now are the same ones (Dean DeLeo) who called you a junkie in the press (something VR did not do), and the same guitarist you had to be seperated with the last time you played together when you said you attempted to throw a punch at him-as Slash once said, "fucking lead singers"-good luck at your DWI trial

libertad
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2008, 02:52:52 PM »

I'm not a fan of any of the two camps. Obviously many GN'R fans (or whatever they call themselves) take the "core"'s side in this.

But I think that the ones who put all the blame on Weiland are not looking at the big picture.

The band had issues since day one but convinced everybody, including their fans, that everything was fine.

We don't know what has been said and done within the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2008, 02:53:33 PM »

kind of a faulty argument when Weiland LEFT to go back to his former band...

The seeds to this entire fiasco were sewn when Slash went to his former bandmates home a couple years ago and the ensuing press release from the former bandmate that followed was issued.

Allegations were made, fingers pointed and doubt's large shadow cast.

Cause and effect.....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
DemocracyRose
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2008, 02:57:01 PM »

Well, Duff and Slash are also impossible to get along with. First Axl and now Scott. Wink

No seriously, this gives me a reason to listen to VR again. Im glad he is out.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2008, 02:57:45 PM »

SCOTT WEILAND Says Former VELVET REVOLVER Bandmates Are 'Covering Up The Truth' - Apr. 2, 2008 Vocalist Scott Weiland has released a statement to MTV News regarding his dismissal from VELVET REVOLVER.

The founding members of VELVET REVOLVER ? guitarists Slash and Dave Kushner, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum ? announced their decision to fire Weiland in a press release issued at the conclusion of the band's final performance with Weiland in Amsterdam, Holland. Slash cited Weiland's "increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems" as reasons for dismissing him.

In a statement released Wednesday morning, Weiland fired back at his erstwhile bandmates, stating, "After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious 'Guitar Hero,' Saul Hudson, a.k.a. Slash, I find it humorous that the so-called four 'founding members' of VELVET REVOLVER, better known to themselves as 'the Project' before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow.

"In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment [to the band], I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth. The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun ... at times. But let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member ? no need to mention his name).

"Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back," Weiland continued. "This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow bandmates in [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS] and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang."

In conclusion, Weiland warned fans not to be "fooled by veiled trickery," and even wished VELVET REVOLVER his best. "Good hunting, lads ? I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=94064

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »

He forgets the members of STP also moved on without him before (Talk Show), due to his behavior

libertad
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2008, 03:01:04 PM »

The seeds to this entire fiasco were sewn when Slash went to his former bandmates home a couple years ago and the ensuing press release from the former bandmate that followed was issued.

Cause and effect.....

Of course!

Oh God.....

Are you seriously blaming this on that press release?  Roll Eyes

How about the fact that Slash hasn't been able to tell a straight story in years? Maybe it's not easy being in a band with a guy who you just can't trust to be honest with you.

Maybe Matt Sorum isn't the kind of team player you'd want in a band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »

the shot at Baz was unnecessary....seems to me like Scott is overestimating his relevance......IMO Stone temple pilots/Scott in 2008 are no more relavent than Skid Row and Sebastian bach are/were...

STP were a 2nd wave grunge band

Skid row were a 2nd wage metal band

both have a couple of staple songs that get played on the radio...

Calling STP a grunge band is the same as calling GNR  hair metal.  Not to mention they were a band well before several of the final incarnations of the seattle bands broke big.  STP was just signed a little later, probably due to being from San Diego when everyone was looking at Seattle.

Also, a couple of staple songs?

STP songs still in regular rotation:

Dead and Bloated
Interstate Love Song
Unglued
Trippin
Plush
Creep
Wicked Garden
Sex Type Thing
Vasoline
Sour Girl
Big Empty
Dancing Days

Let's not completely downplay their accomplishments
guns_n_motley
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2008, 03:08:07 PM »

this is on kerrangs site....Im not buying it yet because being close friends with axl idk if hed do it....but for what its worth.

"Sources close to the band have indicated that former Skid Row frontman - and close personal friend of Axl Rose - Sebastian Bach looks set to front the band, although nothing has been officially confirmed."

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/04/its_official_weiland_is_out_of.html

maybe this is that "life changing phone call" that Baz got 2 weeks ago..

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2008, 03:09:49 PM »

That's a good point about the phone call changing his life-I have a feeling Slash, Duff already have been contacting people

libertad
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »

Cause and effect.....

Are you seriously blaming this on that press release?  Roll Eyes

Uh..no...

Where the hell did you get that?

I'm placing blame for the begininng of the end squarely on the guitar player who made the trip to his former bandmates house.

If he doesn't make that trip and subsequently lie about it on Camp Freddy Radio, this entire fiasco very well may have been averted.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »

Uh..no...

Where the hell did you get that?

I'm placing blame for the begininng of the end squarely on the guitar player who made the trip to his former bandmates house.

If he doesn't make that trip and subsequently lie about it on Camp Freddy Radio, this entire fiasco very well may have been averted.

Thanks for the clarification.

The fact that you mentioned the visit AND press release made me question what you were saying.

If you would've just mentioned the visit and the lies, I would've seen what you were saying straight away.  Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: