Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:49:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interesting Read about TWAT and Better
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting Read about TWAT and Better  (Read 4685 times)
robinfinckfan
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 11:45:36 AM »

well stephanie was a beautiful woman who loved him and was there with him thru parts of his therapy and i think axl is on record saying they were togather in past lives. so that is probably hard for him to get over( real hard)

i could see the songs being about her, hell axl was married before but i bet the love he had for strphanie was more than the love he had for erin
SlashxDelonge1458
Banned
Headliner

Gunner Lies

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 11:47:49 AM »

Good read. That would be pretty cool  beer

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 01:41:46 PM »

We don't know for sure if these songs are about Steph or Erin. There are a lot of years that we know NOTHING about Axl's personal life. He could have had 100 different relationships since him and Steph broke up.  There is no way in hell he just sat at home every single day by himself for all those years. Hell, look at all the chicks he has with him at all of the parties nowadays, he loves women and always have. These songs could be about anybody.  He could have found (and lost) the "love of his life" in the last 10-15 years and we would know nothing about it.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »

You and your "love of your life" would be together through thick and thin, if only you managed to find it.
Otherwise she or he was a wrong person. Just my 2 cents.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 11:54:55 PM »

You and your "love of your life" would be together through thick and thin, if only you managed to find it.
Otherwise she or he was a wrong person. Just my 2 cents.

Well, sometimes you find someone that you THINK is the love of your life, which is why I had put it in quotes.  "The love of your life" has shit to do with this topic (and I had only used it as a figure of speech), so I don't know why you picked that sentence out of everything I said, to comment on?Huh No wonder people get off topic to easy on this board sometimes.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 08:53:43 AM »

Well, that was certainly hilarious.

Axl is clearly singing to a sweet child of his, a woman that takes him away to a special place. It is most likely that she has blue eyes, and Axl never wants to see her harmed; he does not want to see even an ounce of pain in her eyes. Axl is wondering, where should they go now? Where should they go? Where should they go now?, how should they move on in the relationship? Now and then, when Axl sees her face . . .

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 09:20:42 AM »

Axl is welcoming kids to his jungle gym, where he's got fun and games.  They are most likely going to play pin the tail on the donkey.  He's got everything the kids want, he even knows their names.  Axl can find whatever the kids need as long as they have money for admission.  Axl wants the kids to get on their knees!?

Yeah thank god Axl carries the torch for the name Guns and Roses, none of those other bloaks did anything huh? Where would Axl be without his former friends any how, I'm sure he'd be on top of the world. 
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 09:31:07 AM »

rofl

This is too funny.

Axl's likely involved in some ballroom dancing with a person called Mr Brownstone, possibly his obnoxious dance teacher...

Axl sees my sister in her Sunday dress...

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 10:51:42 AM »

Those interpretations, especially the TWAT one, are really interesting.

Axl is a fucking genius. 13 years after the broke up, we can clearly see that Axl was the only brilliant mind in Guns N' Roses.

Thank God that the glorious name of Guns N' Roses is in his hands.

YOU can clearly see he was the only brilliant mind.  Don't say "we" because I don't agree with that at all.  I don't want to ruin the thread, so I'll shut up now.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 11:02:03 AM »

No wonder people get off topic to easy on this board sometimes.

Wow, smart remark with a rash inference.
No wonder the 'expert' didn't take the lyrics any further than just the superficies.
Or is your post also meant to be a parody of that?

"The love of your life" has shit to do with this topic (and I had only used it as a figure of speech), so I don't know why you picked that sentence out of everything I said, to comment on?Huh

Well that's because my post had shit to do with yours perhaps?  confused
darkmonth
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 12:42:17 PM »

Axl is a fucking genius. 13 years after the broke up, we can clearly see that Axl was the only brilliant mind in Guns N' Roses.

Except let's be honest... the new songs don't make that statement stand up.  Because while they're good.  They're far from as good as the old band's best stuff.  By far.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 12:48:37 PM »

Except let's be honest... the new songs don't make that statement stand up.? Because while they're good.? They're far from as good as the old band's best stuff.? By far.

I do honestly think TWAT does stand up there with the old bands stuff, but the same can't be said for Better or I.R.S
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: