Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:39:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227863 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 231871 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1600 on: February 06, 2008, 01:49:27 AM »

he does say i just had to do that

I agree on the dialogue, though for some reason I thought Bach said it.

I thought Bach said it too.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1601 on: February 06, 2008, 01:50:28 AM »

See...I thought it was a reference to his "Chew on that."  Then he says "I just had to do that" or whatever.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1602 on: February 06, 2008, 03:17:55 AM »

See...I thought it was a reference to his "Chew on that."  Then he says "I just had to do that" or whatever.

Thats how I heard it aswell

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #1603 on: February 06, 2008, 03:28:43 AM »

Well, that makes more sense!

With the air play thing. I don't understand why the classic rock stations that play Led Zep and Sabbath won't play Seb's stuff. These are the same 'classic rock' stations that will play hits from the 80s including songs like 'I Remember You'.

War is over, if you want it.
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1604 on: February 06, 2008, 04:13:18 AM »

With the air play thing. I don't understand why the classic rock stations that play Led Zep and Sabbath won't play Seb's stuff. These are the same 'classic rock' stations that will play hits from the 80s including songs like 'I Remember You'.

Because producers and DJ's think that listeners aren't interested of anything new, they just want to hear Paranoid and Stairway to heaven ("Classic Rock"-name has to mean something..).
I'm very glad that in Finland we have Radio Rock which plays pretty much everything, including Bach's new songs, and not just singles and old legends  Cool
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #1605 on: February 06, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »

Radio Roooock! That sounds great!

I know how we can generate some publicity for the album! Organise teams to bombard radio switchboards requesting the song. That's how it used to work in the past for Elvis! The last line of American Metalhead is Rise Up..

Also, you know how Bon Jovi has been credited with bringing metal rock or at least hair metal to the female population - well, I think that Seb is doing the same for thrash music. All my female friends can't stop thrashing the thrash, so to speak!

Or is it because everytime you open the program notes you get to see Seb dressed in some mighty fine leather.  Tongue

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1606 on: February 06, 2008, 09:29:03 PM »

Haven't heard any new Baz tracks with or without Axl on the radio stations here.
:/
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #1607 on: February 06, 2008, 10:13:57 PM »

Is that so. Right.  Angry

Names and numbers of your local radio stations that won't play Baz!

List Here:

Tongue

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1608 on: February 06, 2008, 10:20:01 PM »

95.1 WZZO
107.1 THE BONE

Here in northwest New Jersey.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1609 on: February 07, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »

Los Angeles:
95.5 KLOS
106.7 KROQ

John J. Rambo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1610 on: February 07, 2008, 02:01:41 PM »

Maybe stations aren't playing Sebastian's music because its absolutely disgustingly terrible. Even with Axl on it. Sounds like a bad demo from 1990.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1611 on: February 07, 2008, 08:25:42 PM »

Thanks for your opinion.  I tend to disagree.  To each his own I guess.  Rock radio is a joke these days anyways.  They don't know what's up or what's down.  They play music from a pool of about 20 bands or so, it's awful.  I'm so glad I have Sirius so I can listen to Stern.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #1612 on: February 08, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

Listening to the album again, what really impresses me is the great sense of rythm that the band achieves. Yes, all music has rythm, I find the rythmic elements in the songs to be really tight. The playing/sound is really 'clean'. Great production!

Just a thought:

Can some radio stations be accused of favouring some artists over others. Do record companies have influence with radio stations. If an artist wants his/her music to reach the masses - radio airplay is the way to do it. Amount of airplay directly impats on the success of the album. Industry sabotage perhaps?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1613 on: February 29, 2008, 09:12:32 PM »

Dear Planet Earth: An Interview with Sebastian Bach
[29 February 2008]

Three of the tracks feature Axl, a guy you?ve got a lot of time in with. When you were recording those three tracks, you?ve gotta tell me honestly, were there any surreal moments when you were just standing there doing what you?re doing, and you?re thinking to yourself, ?Shit man, I?m recording with Axl??

The whole thing was definitely surreal because I just can?t believe that he actually did it. It?s never going to sink in really, and then to read what he wrote about it on his web site was another crazy moment when I was staring at the computer going, ?I can?t believe this.? All I can really say is the ending of ?Stuck Inside? where we figured out where he would sing, and then he wrote what he was going to sing. And then he just ... his voice is just ... I thought he was done when he sang the part where I?m solo, where the riff stops and it?s just me a-cappella. I thought he was just going to double that up with me, and then he just soared up to this crazy ass note, like a demon. You can hear it, it?s on there. That?s the one we kept. And it?s so eerie sounding, and it?s so evil. It sounds so evil to me! That?s what I dig about it.

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/features/article/52867/dear-planet-earth-an-interview-with-sebastian-bach/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #1614 on: March 06, 2008, 10:43:27 PM »

Maybe stations aren't playing Sebastian's music because its absolutely disgustingly terrible. Even with Axl on it. Sounds like a bad demo from 1990.
That is total BS, because all radio seems to play is UTTER GARBAGE, Crap that can't sell
without it. I gave up on radio back in 1994.

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1615 on: March 16, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »

Interview with Sebastian from March 8 2008, he talks about recording with Axl in the first part of the interview...

FEATURED ARTIST - SEBASTIAN BACH

Audio Interview by Patrick

http://www.metalmonthly.com/SebastianBach.html

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1616 on: March 22, 2008, 03:05:07 AM »

im guessing you were not a Skid Row fan....I happened to like the new Bach songs...much better than what Skid Row has been doing the last 10 years....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1617 on: June 20, 2008, 08:09:06 PM »

Sebastian Bach Interview with BlogsNRoses.com
Posted by Craig Wettner at 6/19/2008

Sebastian Bach is a kick ass rock n roll star. He is charismatic and a fantastic interview candidate for our site. So when we heard Sebastian was getting ready to re-release Angel Down in the States and release it in the UK, we had to talk to him. Here is our conversation with Sebastian Bach.

Bach: Alright Blogs n Roses. What's going on?

BnR: Not much, not much. How are you doing?

Bach: Good.

BnR: I wanted to talk a little about the Angel Down record. I personally loved it. I thought the record had something for everyone. It had a bit of hard rock, southern sludge, punk. What was your main inspiration when writing and recording the album?

Bach: I just wanted to make a cd that would go in your iPod and make sense next to the Slave to the Grind and the first Skid Row album. That's basically it and to have Axl sing on it is insane. No one could have ever predicted that, especially me. That's amazing. To put out an cd with him and me on it. We sold about 100,000 copies worldwide with no touring. Well we did a month of touring. But the US tour starts in July 8 in Nashville. We are re-releasing the cd with a DVD called ROADRAGE, which encompasses the making of the cd and also five [5] live songs from the Guns N' Roses tour. It is like Pro-shot video and audio. That comes from Axl. He let us use his equipment. That is incredible. I am very happy to share some of that footage with the fans finally. It's going to be great. Also, we are putting out a vinyl picture disc with double-gatefold sleeves. And I love that shit. I love packaging and picture discs and shit like that. So I am pretty happy. We are doing about 40 or 47 shows with Poison across America. So we are playing pretty much everywhere except for Texas. I don't know why. Sorry Texas. But we are definitely hitting the United States and that is going to be great.

BnR: What is your favorite song on the album?

Bach: I would have to say it is Stuck Inside. I love the whole album, but Stuck Inside crushes me the way Monkey Business crushes me and really the way Axl sings the last mid part of the song into the last chorus. The way he hits the high note over the last chorus just fucking destroys me. It is so heavy and cool. When I am listening to it I can't believe it is me and Axl. All my fans are cranking it on their iPods.

BnR: I can attest to that. I also love the cover of Back in the Saddle with you and Axl.

Bach: Well that's cool. That's crazy. That song is so great that every time I hear it I laugh because it is so good. [laughs]. I do. I am like 'listen to this shit.' And that is real rock magic on there. I have a rule that I never drink alcohol before a show or before I sing ever, except to that song, dude. What happened was that I sang two songs in the studio that day. I can't remember which two. I did the lead vocal and I was done. Then Roy Z, the producer, said to the band 'hey first song tomorrow, let's do Back in the Saddle.' I thought I was done for the day and he said let's practice it right now. We taped it. The first time they played is what you hear on the record. I was sitting back there listening to it start and I couldn't believe it. I just ran out there with a couple of Model Especials in me. I grabbed the mic and I wailed it. And that is pretty much 90% of what made the record. There are so many lyrics in that song that I went back and made sure I had totally perfect. There's a lot of words in there. And Axl said he would sing on the record and he came down and picked which songs he wanted to sing on. Singers love Back in the Saddle because Steve Tyler is the ultimate screamer especially on that song. It's incredible. The first time I played that song for Axl goes 'Oh my god the guitars.' He just loved the guitars. It was kind of a challenge on who would get what part of the song between me and him. Because I didn't want to cut any of him and he didn't want to cut any of me. So we tried a few different versions and none of them were perfect. And then I said 'Let's just go by the words.' And then it all became crystal clear. 'I'm calling all the shots tonight, I'm like a loaded gun.' That's Guns N' Roses. And we went like that down the line to see who lyrically fit. Then we put it together. It's rock magic. That's what it sounds like to me.

BnR: I crank it up when I am at the Target or whatever. I scare all the soccer moms with it. They like 'What is that?!'

Bach: What at Target? Cool. That's great.

BnR: How did you convince Axl to sing on Angel Down?

Bach: There was no convincing at all. It was this simple. I was standing at Baggage Claim at LAX about to master my record. I had just sung on Chinese Democracy, a song called Sorry. And sorry, I don't know when it is coming out. When I was coming to LA, I just texted him from the airport and said 'Dude, when are you going to sing on my record?' I was just joking. He goes 'Where? What time?' I couldn't believe it. It was that simple. And he drove down in his Testarosa or whatever it is. And you can hear what he did. He's incredible. That's it. It is mind blowing that I can say that. But I love saying that because you have this guy from England painting this weird picture of him [Axl] on the internet or whatever. Writing books when they don't even know the guy. I do know him and he's a rocker. He loves rock n' roll. He's obsessed with making great rock n' roll. And that is who is he is.

BnR: You said you sang on Chinese Democracy. What song was that again?

Bach: It's called Sorry.

BnR: Do you think it has a shot at making the record?

Bach: Yea that's what Axl tells me. Yea I do.

http://blogsnroses.com/2008/06/19/sebastian-bach-interview-with-blogsnrosescom.aspx

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1618 on: June 20, 2008, 08:17:53 PM »

Cool interview.

More people buy Angel Down. It's good stuff.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1619 on: June 20, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »

I love the preemptive, "and sorry, I don't know when it's coming out" part.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: