Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:13:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Gardening 2024
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gardening 2024  (Read 1396 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2024, 06:06:52 PM »

She brought it up so I gave it one more shot.  She feels it saves us money to destroy the leftover plants and keep the soil and the container for reuse.  That's true.  Saves taxpayers money to destroy pets that haven't got adopted fast enough too.  Depends on which side of the fence you fall on how you see it.

I got a lot done today.  All the flats and containers got bleach watered and are ready to be returned to the greenhouse.  I transplanted everything I had left.  Most my lights are off for the season.  I'm going to skip the sale tomorrow and do some gardening at home.  I don't want to be around when they destroy the plants.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2024, 04:33:26 PM »

I stopped in and brought more plants.  Wore my mask.  Looked like we got pretty well cleaned out and there were lots of people there.  Marsha caved and is bringing me some annual plants leftover after the sale. 

No hope for the perennials because Donna doesn't want to care for them in pots over the summer.  Something happen to the butterfly weed and it looks like it got sunburned or frost.  It's making a come back but doesn't look good enough to sell.  And she's got some swamp milkweed.  Donna can take her time about destroying her plants so I'm wondering if she won't try to slip me some of the butterfly and swamp.  She should give me all the swamp back because I gave them to her to sell.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2024, 08:01:22 PM »

I didn't get that many annuals from Marsha and now that I'm considering all I have to plant, I'm okay with that.   hihi  My goal is to try to get everybody plants I'm holding to them by Saturday.  Lows are above 50 for the next 10 days so we can start putting in our summer plants.

We have about 10 days before the two kinds of cicadas emerge.  Rare occurrence.  These bugs are big, freaky looking and loud!  They live about 3 to 4 weeks.  My cats consider them play toys and appetizers, yucky!  And because every bug has a purpose:  "Cicadas are not dangerous and can provide some environmental benefits including: Cicadas are a valuable food source for birds and other predators. Cicadas can aerate lawns and improve water filtration into the ground. Cicadas add nutrients to the soil as they decompose."

cineater
Legend

« Reply #63 on: Yesterday at 08:27:55 AM »

Shit I could have done something with all that coleus.  Give me a minute to get some inspiration and I'll get the energy.  I went to look for them in the compost pile but they weren't there and I couldn't find where they disposed of them.  They must be on to us raiding the compost pile.   hihi

Woke up at 4.  It's planting day right after I see the eye doctor.  I ran a trunk load of clean flats and containers back to the greenhouse at 6:30.   hihi  First up is the stone bed where I put the elephant ear, canna and lobelia.  I'll hit all the containers after that.  Don't have much of a variety to fill them up so they will be mostly one kind of plant in each pot.  Marsha calls it decorating the gardens.  I call it landscaping.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #64 on: Yesterday at 10:42:40 PM »

The car is loaded to take the leads the plants we grew in the greenhouse for them.  I still have the plants for the renovated beds as they aren't getting planted until Saturday.  Feel bad for the parks, I only have 5 flats for them and a burlap bag of canna bulbs.  She called this morning to see when she could get them as they are going shopping for annuals next week.  Maybe Donna will send some natives their way.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: