Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:25:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  The Outpatience
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Outpatience  (Read 4349 times)
Scottyl333
Headliner

« on: May 05, 2004, 01:04:29 AM »

Can anyone tell me about this band.  Whats the CD like?
lastroots
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 08:31:50 AM »

It's West Arkeens band. West was a friend of Axl and died a few years ago due to his drug abuse. Apart from the fact that every member from the old band has a little (a damn little) appearance on that album, it is completely boring to me. I bought it for 9 bucks back in 1999 and I thought 1 would have been better.

/lastroots
Justis
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 07:28:50 PM »

It's West Arkeens band. West was a friend of Axl and died a few years ago due to his drug abuse. Apart from the fact that every member from the old band has a little (a damn little) appearance on that album, it is completely boring to me. I bought it for 9 bucks back in 1999 and I thought 1 would have been better.

/lastroots

West probably did more to try to bring the original GnR back together by getting Slash and Axl to play on the same song on that record than anyone else did.  It also cost West his American distribution and indirectly his life.

West is all over Izzy's record do you know that?Huh?  Why don't you look him in the eyes and ask him?

If you think this Record sucks then I can assure you, you are hardly a maven.....It is brilliant.. His original Singer George, sung circles around AXL addict or not. Perhaps one day Virgin will release West and George's music  and people can decide for themselves. there has to be six or seven records in the bag, complete, finished, done unlike the masterpeice we all await.

The chocking of a generation....ah BULLSHIT....Time to weild the AX on you and your ridiculous need to think you know JACK...ah...JACK shit maybe...You missed a lot of really great music and you dont even know it. Pathetic, learn to accept it, yeah I know your song. People like you make it hard, you count the seats in the Albert HAll.

lastroots
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 03:04:48 AM »

Hey Buddy. You like the album - that's fine with me.
I don't like it - just accept that, ok?

/lastroots
way
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 07:33:12 AM »

I think Anxious Disease is brilliant album ok
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 08:40:27 AM »

Best song is "Wound up in a Vega", it has an amazing Izzy riff on it. Just buy it, this song is worth the record.
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 06:16:33 AM »

http://www.arocknid.com/outpatience/

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 09:31:37 AM »

The 2 soundclips sounded rockable I think I might give it a shot  Grin

No man can be my equal
crash dieter
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 02:52:05 AM »

i loved the song Anxious Disease , but that's all I've heard. I didn't know Arkeen was on Izzy's album (i'm guessing his first?)
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 04:30:43 AM »

i loved the song Anxious Disease , but that's all I've heard. I didn't know Arkeen was on Izzy's album (i'm guessing his first?)

That's cause West isn't on any Izzy album.. he helped Izzy with the 117 degrees songs at first, playing bass at rehearsels just to help Izzy and co out but he's not on an Izzy recording. Duff plays bass on 117 degrees, with the exception of "Memphis" and "Good Enough" where it's Jimmy Ashurst (songs are from JJH era) and Izzy himself plays bass on "117 degrees" and "Grunt".

Izzy co-wrote "Wound Up In A Vega" with West and his guitar is blasting thru the right speaker.
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 03:00:28 AM »

That's cause West isn't on any Izzy album.. he helped Izzy with the 117 degrees songs at first, playing bass at rehearsels just to help Izzy and co out but he's not on an Izzy recording. Duff plays bass on 117 degrees, with the exception of "Memphis" and "Good Enough" where it's Jimmy Ashurst (songs are from JJH era) and Izzy himself plays bass on "117 degrees" and "Grunt".

Izzy co-wrote "Wound Up In A Vega" with West and his guitar is blasting thru the right speaker.

Wow some people get better help out than others....
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 03:03:04 AM »

/lastroots

"you know unless you were there." I'm with Scot on the running comments on what someone is and is not. West had been very badly burned. Have a little respect. we all have our issues...
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 07:33:57 PM »

i think the album stinks, just my 2 cents..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: