Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:18:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Three Original L.A Guns Members Reunite for 20th Aniversery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Three Original L.A Guns Members Reunite for 20th Aniversery  (Read 6331 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: July 31, 2006, 09:08:27 PM »

L.A. GUNS founding member Tracii Guns has reunited with original members Paul Black and Nickey Alexander for a special series of shows to celebrate the band's 20th anniversary!!!

"It's been great jamming with the guys I started this journey with 20 years ago," says Guns. "All the classics sound better than ever and we will be performing them all as well as some surprises at these special shows!"

Paul Black and Nickey Alexander are L.A. GUNS' original vocalist and drummer, respectively. Black co-wrote the band's fan favorites and Alexander played all drum tracks on the classic self-titled debut album for Polygram Records. The band released a CD, titled "The Black List", earlier this year, which is a collection of previously unreleased recordings of L.A. GUNS standards from 1986 and 1987, and are currently recording new material for release in early 2007.

Tracii hopes to eliminate confusion between his version of L.A. GUNS and any other act using the name. "As for myself, Paul, Nicky and Jeremy, don't expect any empty clubs," Guns says. "Upon announcing our project we were immediately booked onto special event shows such as festivals in Trinidad with SCORPIONS plus Rio, Brazil at The Rock for Life Festival!" Shows are being confirmed worldwide for 2006-2007.

Continues Tracii: "If you want to hear the hits performed by the artists who actually wrote them and played authentically by the guitarist who formed the band (not to mention the fact that the band is NAMED AFTER ME) as well as the original vocalist and the drummer that played on the hits then please, by all means DO NOT confuse the two groups. I have surrounded myself with a team of positive, established professionals from management to the band itself who believe in the project and are ready to rock!"

Confirmed dates so far (more to be announced soon):

Sep. 01 - Florence City Music Festival - Florence, SC
Sep. 02 - Ambrosia Amphitheater - Trinidad, West Indies (w/ SCORPIONS)
Sep. 09 - Prime Time - Burnsville, MN
Sep. 16 - Galaxy Theatre - Santa Ana, CA
Sep. 17 - Key Club - Hollywood, CA
Oct. 12 - Rock for Life Festival - Rio De Janeiro, BRA

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 11:12:17 PM »

I thought Phil Lewis was singer
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:53:08 AM »

Tracii Guns is a turd.  Phil Lewis sang on the band's first studio album, that makes him the fucking original vocalist.  And yeah, Nickey Alexander may technically be the originally drummer, but Steve Riley played on every one of their heydey albums after that.

and Tracii yaps about their "hits".  I laugh, because firstly, LA Guns never had any monster "hits", just a few decent songs, and secondly, many of those decent songs came later and featured Steve Riley on drums and (of course) Phil Lewis on vocals.

Tracii Guns knows damn well who the band really is, he's just reeling from Nikki Sixx's rejection of that awful Brides of Destruction band, so he decided he was going to milk LA Guns for all its worth.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:57:04 AM »

Tracii is basically reuniting with the only people who have been in LA Guns who will still talk to him. Fantastic what years of non-talking will do for those relationships  smoking
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 10:52:45 PM »

Yeah, this is shit. L.A. Guns still rocks without him. I don't miss him a bit.

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 12:03:02 AM »

stacey is just as good, if not better than tracii

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 08:01:45 AM »

over the edge and crystal eyes are my favorite LA Guns tracks!!any news on them coming to the UK??

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 10:55:50 PM »

Guitarist Tracii Guns (L.A. GUNS) recently reunited with original L.A. GUNS members Paul Black and Nickey Alexander for a special series of shows to celebrate the band's 20th anniversary. Black co-wrote the band's fan favorites and Alexander played all drum tracks on the classic self-titled debut album for Polygram Records. The band released a CD, titled "The Black List", earlier this year, which is a collection of previously unreleased recordings of L.A. GUNS standards from 1986 and 1987, and is currently recording new material for release in early 2007.

Tracii hopes to eliminate confusion between his version of L.A. GUNS and any other act using the name. "As for myself, Paul, Nicky and Jeremy, don't expect any empty clubs," Guns says. "Upon announcing our project we were immediately booked onto special event shows such as festivals in Trinidad with SCORPIONS."

Continues Tracii: "If you want to hear the hits performed by the artists who actually wrote them and played authentically by the guitarist who formed the band (not to mention the fact that the band is NAMED AFTER ME) as well as the original vocalist and the drummer that played on the hits then please, by all means DO NOT confuse the two groups. I have surrounded myself with a team of positive, established professionals from management to the band itself who believe in the project and are ready to rock!"

L.A. GUNS 20th anniversary shows:

Sep. 02 - Denver, CO @ Taste of Colorado
Sep. 09 - Burnsville, MN @ Prime Ticket
Sep. 16 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
Sep. 17 - Hollywood, CA @ Key Club
Sep. 23 - Trinidad, West Indies @ Rock for Life Festival
Oct. 13 - Cordova, ARG @ Captain Blue
Oct. 14 - Rosario, ARG @ Zona de Nadie
Oct. 15 - Buenos Aires, ARG @ El Teatro Colegiales
Oct. 21 - Los Angeles, CA @ Club Scream
Oct. 27 - Farmington, NM @ Big City
Oct. 28 - Aurora, CO @ Hubbas
Oct. 31 - Madison, WI @ The Warehouse
Nov. 18 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Nov. 26 - Little Rock, AR @ Hall of Industry

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 10:18:03 PM »

Still a shitty thing to do.

MotleyCrue
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 09:22:58 AM »

Tracii is an asshole, its as simple as that, and ive no time for him and his shitty make believe act...jus cause he ruined Brides of Destruction
RockiesGirl
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 03:05:25 PM »

I am a Phil Lewis fan... No comment on Traci except -->  rant

Phil's band is coming to Colorado and my son and I are going. Will post my opinions after the show... but I am sure it will be good. Smiley  ok
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 04:21:55 PM »

Tracii Guns is a turd.? Phil Lewis sang on the band's first studio album, that makes him the fucking original vocalist.? And yeah, Nickey Alexander may technically be the originally drummer, but Steve Riley played on every one of their heydey albums after that.

and Tracii yaps about their "hits".? I laugh, because firstly, LA Guns never had any monster "hits", just a few decent songs, and secondly, many of those decent songs came later and featured Steve Riley on drums and (of course) Phil Lewis on vocals.

Tracii Guns knows damn well who the band really is, he's just reeling from Nikki Sixx's rejection of that awful Brides of Destruction band, so he decided he was going to milk LA Guns for all its worth.

I agree totally, Bridge, except for the part about the Brides being awful.  But yeah, Nickey played on one frigging album, and then wasn't even in the band when the album came out.  Steve has been a part of L.A. Guns for about 20 years now.  And Paul Black just plain sucks, and has never been associated with L.A. Guns since before they even released an album.  This whole thing is a joke.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 10:41:08 PM »

Tracii guns says on his forum, he called Phil lewis 2 nights ago and they talked for 2 hours yes cleared everything up and made peace..

I expect a reunion within the next couple years... what a killer band it would make with both him and stacey blades on guitar (la guns was a 2 guitar band anyway)
Water Payment
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 04:00:36 PM »

Tracii guns says on his forum, he called Phil lewis 2 nights ago and they talked for 2 hours yes cleared everything up and made peace..

That would manke a very happy person. Phil kicks ass! One more thing, I would like to see a relatively sober Tracii on stage. It's been years since I have seen him play live. He was so fu**ed up that night that it took away from the quality of his playing.
Water Payment
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »

Okay -- has any one actually gone to any of Tracii's line up of current bar gigs... ooops sorry - North American Tour?

How was the show?
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 09:53:34 PM »

If the news about him and Phil is true, that's great. I love Tracii's playing, and he should be in L.A. Guns, no question, with Phil as the singer.   smoking

guns_n_motley
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 10:52:20 PM »

not to mention at the Cathouse 20th anniversary party Phil Lewis joined Tracii guns and paul black on stage for "rip and tear"

I smell an la guns reunion in the future..
Water Payment
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 12:06:03 PM »

Okay - I drove by the "venue" where LA Guns (the Tracii version) was playing last night and all I could do is? rofl rotflmao!!!

The bar was a sportsbar in a mini mall on the outskirts of town. (Next door to it was a karate school and a nail salon). The parking lot was pretty empty and there was an old ugly limo in front. I couldn't bring myself to go. So, I went home.? no

I hope there is a Phil & Tracii reunion soon too.

ok
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 05:31:36 PM »

Okay - I drove by the "venue" where LA Guns (the Tracii version) was playing last night and all I could do is? rofl rotflmao!!!

The bar was a sportsbar in a mini mall on the outskirts of town. (Next door to it was a karate school and a nail salon). The parking lot was pretty empty and there was an old ugly limo in front. I couldn't bring myself to go. So, I went home.? no

I hope there is a Phil & Tracii reunion soon too.

ok

i woulda went in, if there wernt alot of ppl there you could easily get an autograph Smiley

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Water Payment
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 05:47:47 PM »

Nah... I have met them several times in the past. (LOL - I am old...) Last time I saw Tracii was on a tour bus in 1998 drunk & stoned outta his mind. Wasn't impressed. Phil on the other hand - he is an awesome soul. I would have been there as soon as the doors opened for that guy. He has an amazing "Oliver Twist-like" life story growing up in England. I have a lot of respect for him.? yes Tracii is talented - that's why I would like to see him back with Phil, Kelly & Steve. Those are the 4 members I consider to be LA Guns.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: