Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 219307 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1140 on: November 07, 2020, 06:35:26 PM »

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1141 on: November 07, 2020, 06:38:29 PM »

I wish it had been a more decisive vote.  At least it's almost over.  

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1142 on: November 07, 2020, 07:15:18 PM »

Joe Biden has:

—Won the Electoral College

—Won the popular vote

—Received more votes than any other presidential candidate

—Likely flipped 5 states

—Won with higher margins than Trump in the Rust Belt in 2016

This ended up being a pretty convincing victory. Narrow.margins, but so was Trumps election.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1143 on: November 07, 2020, 10:32:40 PM »

"We will not fall for the lies of the Jews... our war is with them"

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1325237327837470721

Let this be a lesson to Americans just how close we came to the grip of Fascism. And we must be vigilant, for the next time it rears its head, it will not be so incompetent.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1144 on: November 07, 2020, 10:40:08 PM »

Let this be a lesson to Americans just how close we came to the grip of Fascism. And we must be vigilant, for the next time it rears its head, it will not be so incompetent.

This!

70 million people still voted for him, the republican party knows now this kind of rhetoric works. To keep it from happening again we have to hit every time. The Republican party just needs to hit once with an authoritarian that isn't incompetent and it is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c66IQQrmXeo
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1145 on: November 08, 2020, 02:39:31 PM »

This!

70 million people still voted for him, the republican party knows now this kind of rhetoric works. To keep it from happening again we have to hit every time. The Republican party just needs to hit once with an authoritarian that isn't incompetent and it is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c66IQQrmXeo

We, did you drink the kool aid?  Don't be so attached to one side you can't see their faults or the strengths of the other side.  We are looking for the common ground that brings us together, not the differences that keep us apart.  It's not a win, it's a divide that happen.  Are we going to spend the next 4 years getting something done or fighting to keep the other side from "winning"?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1146 on: November 08, 2020, 04:32:35 PM »

So does this mean Trump will keep having rallies from now on for his 2024 campaign?

And if so, will his supporters be yelling "build that wall!" and "lock her up!" when he retells the story of how he beat "crooked Hillary" in 2016?

Or maybe there'll be a "witch hunt" about what really happened during his four years? And how he maybe benefited financially from being the president by having the government pay (his company) for hotel nights etc because he decided to use them for government business...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1147 on: November 08, 2020, 10:26:17 PM »

We, did you drink the kool aid?  Don't be so attached to one side you can't see their faults or the strengths of the other side.  We are looking for the common ground that brings us together, not the differences that keep us apart.  It's not a win, it's a divide that happen.

Here's the problem; how do you find middle ground when one of the two major parties has now become actively anti-democratic and descended into proto-fascism? Lindsey Graham just came out and said that the GOP should fight on Trump's behalf to steal the election because if they don't, "a Republican will never win again". Giving concessions and trying to work with authoritarians never works. Appeasement has never stopped an extremist party. We've been appeasing the right ever since the New Dems came about in the '90s. It has been a miserable failure and only enabled the rise of Trump. What we need is a correction for the past 40 years of sliding right.

This is not a "both sides are bad" moment. This is a "one side has gone off the rails as a result of a concerted 50 year strategy funded by monied interests to subtly shift the country right without anyone even realizing it, and it's now teetering on the brink of fascism" moment.

The asymmetrical nature of the polarization of American politics is well acknowledged by academic research:

Are we going to spend the next 4 years getting something done or fighting to keep the other side from "winning"?

Which party has openly admitted their legislative goal for an entire presidency was to obstruct everything? The GOP. Dems have been reaching across the aisle for decades and like Charlie Brown, they keep getting the football pulled away at the last second. My biggest criticism of Biden is that he still thinks he can work across the aisle when the past 25 years at least have proven there is no intention of that from the other side. Obama made concessions to the GOP to get votes on the ACA and guess what? He got zero in return.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 10:29:34 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1148 on: November 09, 2020, 12:27:40 AM »

We, did you drink the kool aid?  Don't be so attached to one side you can't see their faults or the strengths of the other side.  We are looking for the common ground that brings us together, not the differences that keep us apart.  It's not a win, it's a divide that happen.

Here's the problem; how do you find middle ground when one of the two major parties has now become actively anti-democratic and descended into proto-fascism? Lindsey Graham just came out and said that the GOP should fight on Trump's behalf to steal the election because if they don't, "a Republican will never win again". Giving concessions and trying to work with authoritarians never works. Appeasement has never stopped an extremist party. We've been appeasing the right ever since the New Dems came about in the '90s. It has been a miserable failure and only enabled the rise of Trump. What we need is a correction for the past 40 years of sliding right.

This is not a "both sides are bad" moment. This is a "one side has gone off the rails as a result of a concerted 50 year strategy funded by monied interests to subtly shift the country right without anyone even realizing it, and it's now teetering on the brink of fascism" moment.

The asymmetrical nature of the polarization of American politics is well acknowledged by academic research:

Are we going to spend the next 4 years getting something done or fighting to keep the other side from "winning"?

Which party has openly admitted their legislative goal for an entire presidency was to obstruct everything? The GOP. Dems have been reaching across the aisle for decades and like Charlie Brown, they keep getting the football pulled away at the last second. My biggest criticism of Biden is that he still thinks he can work across the aisle when the past 25 years at least have proven there is no intention of that from the other side. Obama made concessions to the GOP to get votes on the ACA and guess what? He got zero in return.

Facism light is already here and has been for some time it is just overt still.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1149 on: November 09, 2020, 05:32:44 AM »

The party has made its choice to go in a direction where an authoritarian leader is now a possibility. Something people would see happening in other countries, but not at home in the USA.

The fact that many in the party are now using those authoritarian tactics to keep the power, is not surprising at all.

The media is the enemy of the people, voting is fraudulent, everyone else is corrupt, there's secret networks of people working against us etc etc.

Also, are Republicans equally upset about winning in some of these elections? Surely, since the presidential and other elections were held at the same time, using their logic, there must've been voter fraud involved in elections their party won as well?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 05:43:07 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1150 on: November 09, 2020, 06:11:45 PM »

I wish Trump would let it go an exit gracefully.  It's 2020, stranger things have happened.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1151 on: November 09, 2020, 07:10:07 PM »

I wish Trump would let it go an exit gracefully.  It's 2020, stranger things have happened.

I think even some of his hardcore supporters wish that but  won't say it.
It's just not in his DNA

On the same day he fires the defense secretary we get good news about a possible vaccine - President Chaos

The scene in that White House right now and for the next couple of months must be the most depressing thing to witness.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1152 on: November 09, 2020, 10:44:46 PM »

The results are in: The stock market likes Joe Biden

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/investing/global-stocks/index.html

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1153 on: November 09, 2020, 10:56:42 PM »

The results are in: The stock market likes Joe Biden

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/investing/global-stocks/index.html

Yeah, I saw that, thank you.  Got better with the vaccine announcement.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1154 on: November 09, 2020, 11:04:47 PM »

It's just not in his DNA

On the same day he fires the defense secretary we get good news about a possible vaccine - President Chaos

The scene in that White House right now and for the next couple of months must be the most depressing thing to witness.

I wasn't paying much attention this weekend but I didn't hear of any republican voters rioting in the streets about the results.  I think it was probably a pretty volatile place to work to begin with.  Knowing it's over might be a relief. 

He did have the foresight to stock up on a possible vaccine.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1155 on: November 09, 2020, 11:46:52 PM »

I wasn't paying much attention this weekend but I didn't hear of any republican voters rioting in the streets about the results.

https://youtu.be/2T7aDhzHM10?t=107

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyiOg-M99-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qCjHrz0pX0

And in Maricopa County AZ, riot police were brought in and the counting location was forced to shut down because a gang of armed Trump supporters swarmed the building.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1156 on: November 10, 2020, 05:16:45 AM »

It's just not in his DNA

I wasn't paying much attention this weekend but I didn't hear of any republican voters rioting in the streets about the results.  I think it was probably a pretty volatile place to work to begin with.  Knowing it's over might be a relief. 

He did have the foresight to stock up on a possible vaccine.

Volatile yes - but power does strange things to people. Knowing the guy you support is the leader of the free world and may get another 4 years can do some strange things to people.

As for the vaccine - that's why I mentioned president chaos
It's hard for people to admit but there were some things done - this a big one -
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1157 on: November 10, 2020, 06:45:06 AM »

Volatile yes - but power does strange things to people. Knowing the guy you support is the leader of the free world and may get another 4 years can do some strange things to people.

As for the vaccine - that's why I mentioned president chaos
It's hard for people to admit but there were some things done - this a big one -

So....not really.  Pfizer was the one big vaccine hunter who did not take part in Project Warp Speeds vaccine R&D funding.  They did presell doses to the US government, but....other than that, they had zero federal support. This was all them, though I'm sure politicians will want to take credit.

They're also not done.  I keep seeing repubs say "See, Trump was right and Fauci was wrong".  Thats...not true. The effectiveness information doesn't indicate the vaccine is ready for distribution or that its "done".  It will now be 2 to 3 weeks before the safety data is ready and then at least a week or 2 for the FDA to review and fast track approval.  That's 4 to 6 weeks from now before the vaccine is actually ready.  

Which is exactly what Dr. Fauci said: Distribution by very late this year or early next.

It was not ready in October.  It wasn't ready before the election.  And it wasn't ready before the election but everyone withheld information to spite Trump.

I'm not directing this at you, Comamotive. I know you know all this.  Just pointing this out for context (and a bit of a rant).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 07:26:47 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1158 on: November 10, 2020, 09:00:39 AM »

So you're saying Trump invented the vaccine for the virus created by the Chinese to be spread via Bill Gates' 5G network that only works in a pizza place in DC that's run by child molesters?

Huh

hihi hihi

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1159 on: November 10, 2020, 10:07:15 AM »

So you're saying Trump invented the vaccine for the virus created by the Chinese to be spread via Bill Gates' 5G network that only works in a pizza place in DC that's run by child molesters?

Huh

hihi hihi

/jarmo

You forgot the part about it all being a Bernie Sanders plot so he can get rich and buy another house.

Otherwise, dead on! Wink

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: