Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When is the next GNR window ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When is the next GNR window ?  (Read 42003 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »

i really don't see a GNR tour for 2015...it just seems like too many guys are doing different things/too many rumors of guys not coming back....whether its Ron and his constant i quit tease, The replacements Sixx AM or Frank and Richard in what they do

but i could be very wrong

I don't either, really.  For the reasons you state.

But if Axl was actually serious in the interview, an album comes out in 2015.

2015 comes and goes with nothing, Axl wasn't serious.  Then we spin the Wheel O' Excuses.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »

Fingers are crossed I guess....

But i wont be upset if it doesn't happen...just the way it is... we have all been thru it before....

if people want to make "excuses" for why they don't or can't release it...... so be it... I don't really care

Axl saying publicly that he wanted to do it... hey... sounds good to me

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »

Even if Axl came out next year after nothing happened and said, yeah that was the plan, then this happened...so be it.  Shit happens in life.

But I can't really fathom going an entire year and coming back and trying to sell us you are still picking a tracklist, 18 fucking months later.  At least take the time to lie to me.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 03:50:04 PM »

Well....

Dead Daiseys Nove 25th- Dec 7th
Hookers N Blow Jan 2nd-10th
Ron @ RnR Fantasy Camp Jan 15th-18th
& teaching in Corfu Aug 1st-8th
SixxAM Apr 8th-29th

Leaves open windows in 2015:

February-March
May-July
September-December

I was hoping for a couple new years shows this year, but the time is ticking away here for an announcement.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »

Well....

SixxAM Apr 8th-29th

February-March
May-July
September-December

I was hoping for a couple new years shows this year, but the time is ticking away here for an announcement.

Well, theoretically, no need to skip out on August if Ron is indeed gone.  So if he is truly out, they'd have May through year's end.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »

The whole window thing... I don't know if GN'R is a band who will feel the need to put out an album and then immediately tour the hell out of it. Not that they shouldn't, but they didn't with CD. Could that happen again? If that's the case, you don't really need a "window."

With record sales the way they are, and more people spending money on live shows rather than recorded music, who knows what will happen. The rest of CD, a rarities set (I really have to wonder why GN'R don't do a collection of demos and B-sides at this point to compliment the Greatest Hits)... either of those would probably sell pretty well. It doesn't take much to have a hit album these days.

Then again we did just get the live DVD so it's not as if the band has been idle release-wise.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2014, 04:34:40 PM »

But once they start touring again, no further work is being done.

Do you guys think Axl would turn it over to whoever and tell them to master it on up and just put it out?  I assume he'd be a bit more involved.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »

Isn't the mastering part usually done by someone else anyway? Is that the part that doesn't take that long? I don't really know much about this kind of stuff actually. If I'm not mistaken, last time the guy that did the mastering made a few different versions and Axl (and Caram?) just picked one of them.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:01:11 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2014, 05:05:32 PM »

In the interview Jarmo posted recently, Dizzy said people are going through the tracks 'right now' selecting what the next album is gonna be.  If something actually IS going to happen, I imagine we'll hear about it soon, in the literal sense of the word.  If not, I imagine more of these Mickey Mouse vaguely optimistic comments peppered with sporadic touring in 2015.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2014, 05:09:24 PM »

Well....

SixxAM Apr 8th-29th

February-March
May-July
September-December

This is assuming GN'R would take these side projects into consideration when to release a new album. I'm not sure the record company would do that if their "optimal" release date would fall during let's say January.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »

Just to be clear....when I say "window" I wasn't talking about a new album or recording new material....I am just looking at possible options for tour dates.  Obviously if the existing lineup stays intact, it would be difficult to see any dates first half of 2015....I'm suffering withdrawl here....lol

I need to plan holidays wisely and keep a week for second half of the year "in-case" GNR becomes active again.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »

In the interview Jarmo posted recently, Dizzy said people are going through the tracks 'right now' selecting what the next album is gonna be.  If something actually IS going to happen, I imagine we'll hear about it soon, in the literal sense of the word.  If not, I imagine more of these Mickey Mouse vaguely optimistic comments peppered with sporadic touring in 2015.

Hey!  Long time, no speak.

I agree with this.  Assuming any sort of re-recording and overdubbing is already done (which my god...I would certainly hope, by this point) than it just a matter of picking what you want to release.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2014, 07:55:28 PM »

Just to be clear....when I say "window" I wasn't talking about a new album or recording new material....I am just looking at possible options for tour dates.  Obviously if the existing lineup stays intact, it would be difficult to see any dates first half of 2015....I'm suffering withdrawl here....lol

I need to plan holidays wisely and keep a week for second half of the year "in-case" GNR becomes active again.

Oh yeah, I assumed you meant to tour.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2014, 10:01:26 PM »

Hey!  Long time, no speak.

I agree with this.  Assuming any sort of re-recording and overdubbing is already done (which my god...I would certainly hope, by this point) than it just a matter of picking what you want to release.

Hey! Yeah, I've been hanging back for a while waiting for something, anything, to happen in regard to new music.  Silly me, I guess.  After Vegas, the well of conversation kinda ran dry for me.  Unless the next bit of official news we get eludes to new music, I don't see that changing much. 

So much has changed in the music biz in the 6 years since Chi Dem dropped, I don't see what kind of rollout we'd see for a GNR album in, say, 2015. At least one that ol' Axl would be content with signing the proverbial dotted line that would see this album released.  The best we can hope for is some kind of cool (well-promoted) digital release I would think, maybe with some neat vinyl pressings to go along with it. I dunno. Im just not sure why every move this band takes is the equivalent to scaling mount everest naked.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2014, 11:00:27 PM »

They should bring Merck back into the fold.  He seemed like a sharp tack.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2014, 08:36:51 AM »

Just to be clear....when I say "window" I wasn't talking about a new album or recording new material....I am just looking at possible options for tour dates. 

Sorry, my mistake.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »

Well I don't have the link available to me at the moment... I'm sure anybody can find it with a quick google search...but I'm quite sure DJ Ashba said very recently that GNR plans to tour heavily for all of 2015  ok

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »

Well I don't have the link available to me at the moment... I'm sure anybody can find it with a quick google search...but I'm quite sure DJ Ashba said very recently that GNR plans to tour heavily for all of 2015  ok

Which they could do from May onwards.

And if that is the plan, it would sure seem to me that if they have any serious intention of releasing an album, its wrapped up and turned into the label before they go.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:16 AM »

It would be nice to know if they were doing Vegas in June or in November.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:38 AM »

Which they could do from May onwards.

And if that is the plan, it would sure seem to me that if they have any serious intention of releasing an album, its wrapped up and turned into the label before they go.

So very much, this.  If not, sooner. Mostly since, you know, most of these tracks have been done for the better part of a decade.  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: