Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2013 Season
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2013 Season  (Read 43441 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 11:23:15 PM »

Things seem to be going bad to worse for Hernandez. New evidence came out that he destroyed his cellphone, Destroyed video surveillance of his home and had a cleaning crew come in earlier this week. Very very suspicious imo.
Crazy scene today with the helicopters following him from his home to Gillette Stadium, than him stopping for gas and getting hounded by the media. 

I don't see how this gets any better for Aaron.  Even if he didn't do the crime, it appears he's been involved in covering it up or at the very least some suspect and shady stuff over the last year plus.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 11:38:24 PM »

Even if he did just cover it up that's aiding and abetting and big trouble.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2013, 02:03:25 AM »

Now there is video of Hernandez and two other guys with the victim just hours before he was shot and killed. At this point how can you not think he's involved in some way.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 07:17:19 AM »

Latest report is Hernandez will be arrested and charged with obstruction of justice, at the very least. Goodbye Aaron! Way to put the team first after signing that mega deal.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 03:42:26 PM »

Yep, it appears he's in big trouble and is involved in at the very least a cover up.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »

Hernandez arrested this morning:  http://deadspin.com/aaron-hernandez-has-been-arrested-584162765

Includes video... looks like they cuffed him before he had a chance to put his shirt on.   Huh

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2013, 05:20:30 PM »

And he has been charged with murder and ditched by the Pats. Goodbye Hernandez.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »

...and here I was posting away weeks ago that Gronk was the dumbest Patriot...proved me wrong!

This is terribly sad on a human level...but from a football perspective, wtf is N'England going to do?  Fuck, they go from having 2 all-pro tight ends and Welker, to who? at tight end and Amendola.  Yikes.

Perhaps some bombshell will be dropped that could change my mind, but from what I've read, fuck Hernandez.  What a dumb fuck.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2013, 08:19:19 PM »

...and here I was posting away weeks ago that Gronk was the dumbest Patriot...proved me wrong!

This is terribly sad on a human level...but from a football perspective, wtf is N'England going to do?  Fuck, they go from having 2 all-pro tight ends and Welker, to who? at tight end and Amendola.  Yikes.

Perhaps some bombshell will be dropped that could change my mind, but from what I've read, fuck Hernandez.  What a dumb fuck.

Its definitely not looking good at all right now. He's clearly involved in this. There's no way they'd charge him with murder if they didn't have a good case.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 12:02:15 AM »

Its definitely not looking good at all right now. He's clearly involved in this. There's no way they'd charge him with murder if they didn't have a good case.

Buuuut, OJ was charged with murder, and the real murderer or murderers are still free!
 Grin

All things are pointing to Hernandez being a stupid fucking moron.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 04:31:16 PM »

Buuuut, OJ was charged with murder, and the real murderer or murderers are still free!
 Grin

All things are pointing to Hernandez being a stupid fucking moron.

True lol. The evidence looks awful damning though.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 12:47:43 PM »

on the field, it's a little worrisome on the offensive side of the ball. I think they could still be alright with Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, a few capable TE's, and a solid stable of RB's. But Gronk's health is obviously a concern. Same could be said for Edelman (if he makes the team) and Amendola, who has great potential. Remember, Wes Welker wasn't an all Pro until he hooked up with Brady. There's nothing saying Amendola can't reach that same level, or somewhere in the vicinity.

Regardless, as I've said the last 6 years now, they'll only go as far as their defense allows them to. They need to continue to improve on that side of the ball, especially now. They've had the best offense in football over that time but their defense has been average at best and their offense has gotten shut down in the playoffs by great defenses. I've always been a proponent of them running the ball more, so hopefully they'll be more balanced this year if not out of necessity.

Off the field it seems that Hernandez had been a punk all along. He's now been tied to other crimes and even another murder. They seem to be working on proving he was the lone shooter in this case. I honestly feel dirty for cheering for such a lowlife the last 3 years. So much talent wasted. I wish nothing but the worst for him from here on out. I hate to prejudge and I know innocent until proven guilty, but all signs point to him being guilty. 2 of the guys I go to games with donned his jersey every home game. Interestingly enough, Patriots Pro Shop is offering a free exchange for all Hernandez jersey's and of course they've all been pulled from the shelves. I wonder how many people I'll see wearing his jersey at Gillette next year? Hopefully zero. He's better off forgotten.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:49:46 PM by faldor » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2013, 10:57:21 PM »

A complete piece of garbage he appears to be. I applaud the Pats for getting rid of him as quickly as they did. I understand the innocent until proven guilty but so much points to guilt here to ignore.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 10:16:36 AM »

A complete piece of garbage he appears to be. I applaud the Pats for getting rid of him as quickly as they did. I understand the innocent until proven guilty but so much points to guilt here to ignore.

Agreed 100%...but I will say it was always interesting to see Hernandez play.  He was what I like to call a "long strider."  He had a cool running style, fairly upright with long strides.  Deceptively fast for his size.
So, if gronk's not back, it's Ballard, Fells, and Hoomaniwani...perhaps they could get in touch with Algee Crumpler!  Smiley  He seemed to know what he was doing, just looked old and out of shape last time I saw him playing. (j/k about Algee, he's probably 300 pounds by now  hihi)

btw, question for the Pats' fans.  How do you replace Woodhead?  Can Vereen fill his shoes?  I don't think Tebow is an answer...and having him on the sidelines doesn't help matters one bit.  If the Pats don't convert big 3rd downs and get a few losses quickly, fans will clamor for Timmy T.  Sounds like a headache to me.

At least the Jets are still a joke...and while the Dolphins are due to improve this year, the Bills aren't ready to challenge yet.  Looks like the Pats could still make the playoffs with a 9-7 record.  It could be the weakest division in football.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2013, 03:36:39 PM »

Agreed 100%...but I will say it was always interesting to see Hernandez play.  He was what I like to call a "long strider."  He had a cool running style, fairly upright with long strides.  Deceptively fast for his size.
So, if gronk's not back, it's Ballard, Fells, and Hoomaniwani...perhaps they could get in touch with Algee Crumpler!  Smiley  He seemed to know what he was doing, just looked old and out of shape last time I saw him playing. (j/k about Algee, he's probably 300 pounds by now  hihi)

btw, question for the Pats' fans.  How do you replace Woodhead?  Can Vereen fill his shoes?  I don't think Tebow is an answer...and having him on the sidelines doesn't help matters one bit.  If the Pats don't convert big 3rd downs and get a few losses quickly, fans will clamor for Timmy T.  Sounds like a headache to me.

At least the Jets are still a joke...and while the Dolphins are due to improve this year, the Bills aren't ready to challenge yet.  Looks like the Pats could still make the playoffs with a 9-7 record.  It could be the weakest division in football.

I still think their TE's are good enough compared to most other teams even without Gronk and Hernandez, and I'm hoping Gronk won't miss TOO much time.  Of course their WR corps. is a bit weaker than the average team.  I don't know what the deal with Brandon Lloyd is.  I mean, he wasn't great last year but he put up more than respectable numbers and no team seems to want him.  A lot of teams have tried, so I guess he's worn his welcome in quite a few places.  But I think it says a lot that the Pats are so desperate for help at WR and they seemingly have no interest in bringing Lloyd back.

Fans will clamor for Tebow in what capacity?  To be inserted in the lineup as a gadget player perhaps, but no way any respectable Patriots fan would even think about wanting him to take reps at QB away from Brady.  The division is pretty weak.  Miami seems to be going in the right direction, but I don't know if they're ready to take the reigns away from the Pats, even in the state they're in.  But while I was expecting a 11 or 12 win season for the Pats just a few wees ago, I no think 9 or 10 is much more likely.  It's tough because they were gearing their entire offense to be centered around the 2 TE's.  Now one is hurt and may not be ready for the start of the season and the other will probably never play football again, and better yet may spend the rest of his life in jail.  At least they have a little time to adjust, but it's doubtful they'll be able to swing any kind of deals to bring in any impact players at this point.  They have to deal with what they've got. 

Unfortunately, Aaron Dobson hasn't looked all that impressive so far in practice.  They've had trouble drafting WR's in the past, and he is a prime candidate to continue that trend.  Josh Boyce has yet to practice because of injury, so he's obviously behind schedule as it is.  If they had to field a team tomorrow, Michael Jenkins would be their #2 WR.  A scary proposition.  But remember.  Tom Brady took the Pats to the AFC Championship game and a 21-6 halftime lead at Indy before they ran out of steam with a less than stellar arsenal of weapons led by Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gafney, Ben Watson, and Daniel Graham.  Not exactly murderer's row right there.  I'd say there's more talent available to him now than that team, but far less than he's had the last 6 years.  So we'll see what he can do. 

As for replacing Woodhead, the hope is that Shane Vereen can seamlessly fill in.  I think he CAN.  Woodhead became less effective each year it seemed.  I hated when they used to run the ball with him in key situations last year.  It didn't work too often.  I thought they leaned on him a little too much at times.  Not to diminish what he did for the Pats, because he was important.  But I'm not too worried about filling his shoes.  Among the group of Vereen, Leon Washington, Brandon Bolden, and Blount  rant (another great character guy), they should be fine at RB behind Ridley.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:40:18 PM by faldor » Logged

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »

What a letdown Aron Hernandez is.  God given football skills, and he needs to associate himself with thugs.  His leads to a football career down the tubes and murder.  I hope he repents for what he has done. 
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2013, 07:19:06 PM »

What a letdown Aron Hernandez is.  God given football skills, and he needs to associate himself with thugs.  His leads to a football career down the tubes and murder.  I hope he repents for what he has done. 

Well...whether it's repenting or not, he'll soon be on his kn-kn-kn-kn-knees in prison.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2013, 05:21:31 PM »

Santonio Holmes is unsure if he'll play this year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000221476/article/santonio-holmes-of-ny-jets-unsure-if-hell-play-in-2013

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »

Poor Jets...Santonio easily could have helped them win a 6th game.  Oh well, 5-11 it is.  Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2013, 08:00:55 AM »

Well, we've already lived through the "Suck for Luck" era.
Who is going to win the "Suck for Clowney" sweepstakes?
So hard to tell right now...Jets, Cards, Bills, Raiders, Jags?  Vegas has the Jags and Raiders as least likely to win the Super Bowl, both 200 to 1 odds.
Bills and Titans are 150 to 1, but the Jets are only 100 to 1.  I don't understand that.  Can someone explain that to me? 
The Jets look completely terrible at the skill positions.  Are the Jets really better than the Titans?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: