Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No "early" promotion = GOOD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No "early" promotion = GOOD  (Read 2624 times)
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 21, 2006, 04:09:28 PM »

By not heavily promoting the tour (which "officially" begins in October), I believe us hardcore fans benefit greatly. Management knows we will go to the shows (and be the first to purchase tickets). By heavily promoting the tour/album when ALL shows have already gone on sell enables us fans to secure the best tickets before G N' R gains intense interest from "fair" fans, greedy scalpers, and corporate businessmen (the latter love to purchase blocks of tickets in the primo loge sections) Anyone disagree?

Cool
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:15:40 PM »

I disagree.
Fans of any caliber are the last to know, after the venues, ticketmaster and the scalpers. Your chance of getting decent tickets still depends on what those three groups leave for you. And ticketmaster will sell you the ticket and then still change your seating or standing arangements. Meanwhile, the corporate businessman  has his block taped off and he's laughing. Laughing at you.
I'm not sure what you've gained.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 04:27:06 PM »

Scalpers don't know anything before we do. And the pre-sales run here have been doing a good job fucking them over (notice the selling of pre-sale passwords on Ebay... scalpers selling to scalpers... what a riot).

That said, these shows seem to need more promotion, but whatever.

A single had better drop in October.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 04:38:23 PM »

I disagree.
Fans of any caliber are the last to know, after the venues, ticketmaster and the scalpers. Your chance of getting decent tickets still depends on what those three groups leave for you. And ticketmaster will sell you the ticket and then still change your seating or standing arangements. Meanwhile, the corporate businessman? has his block taped off and he's laughing. Laughing at you.
I'm not sure what you've gained.

Are you implying that most of the U.S. members on the board purchased decent to horrible seats during the ticket sales for the shows in October/November?
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 04:47:09 PM »

Are you implying that most of the U.S. members on the board purchased decent to horrible seats during the ticket sales for the shows in October/November?
Yes, if they're lucky!

No, I was just giving your overly-positive post a hugely paranoid anchor.
Hardcore fans should always end up with better tickets than less interested parties, either through pre-sales or the sheer dogged determination when the regular sales begin. Everyone should have their local ticket outlets on speed dial. And three phone lines.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 09:32:32 PM »

As a hardcore fan for many years that wants to see this band do well, I would be willing to make the sacrafice of being a few rows further back in order for the concert to be heavily promoted and sold out. It is obviously great to get seats up front, but if the trade-off for that is that the concerts are not promoted and the arenas are half empty then what is the point. That kind of situation will just lead to what we saw in 2002 happening all over again.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 09:06:01 AM »

Yes underpromoting your concerts is an awesome idea.
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 10:00:21 AM »

By not heavily promoting the tour (which "officially" begins in October), I believe us hardcore fans benefit greatly. Management knows we will go to the shows (and be the first to purchase tickets). By heavily promoting the tour/album when ALL shows have already gone on sell enables us fans to secure the best tickets before G N' R gains intense interest from "fair" fans, greedy scalpers, and corporate businessmen (the latter love to purchase blocks of tickets in the primo loge sections) Anyone disagree?

Cool

The corporate businessmen aren't buying huge blocks of GNR tickets! That is delusional.

There is no good reason not to promote concerts. There are plenty of other ways to get "fanatics' the tickets they want without keeping the tour "hush, hush".
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 12:29:52 PM »

I don't think it matters if GNR promote Chinese Democracy at all, because when people go to the store and see a BRAND NEW Guns N' Roses album, they're gonna buy that motherfucker...  ok

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 12:32:08 PM »

I don't think it matters if GNR promote Chinese Democracy at all, because when people go to the store and see a BRAND NEW Guns N' Roses album, they're gonna buy that motherfucker...? ok

Oh yes....they are....it will be promoted though

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 01:42:38 PM »

I don't think it matters if GNR promote Chinese Democracy at all, because when people go to the store and see a BRAND NEW Guns N' Roses album, they're gonna buy that motherfucker...  ok

I wouldnt bank on that idea.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: