Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:28:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Opening Night Of Tour
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opening Night Of Tour  (Read 7546 times)
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: October 19, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

What is the scene like in Florida (the tour begins in four days)? The band should be there by today to check out the stage (lighting, video, etc.) in an arena setting...no?

I'm betting you lucky concert goers will get some kind of info on the album (from a flyer or...Axl himself). Who's attending?

Cool
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 01:58:47 PM »

i don`t think the band is there yet ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
tibs
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 03:22:13 PM »

my theory-- the delay of the start was for preparation for new material.

The single drops the day of the tour--and Axl debuts the new song (s) for the start of the NA tour.

Also why would managemtn care if the song s*rry is mentioned by name by Bach unless it was a .....week early *goes back to reading book*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 03:23:57 PM by tibs » Logged
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 03:39:29 PM »

axl wont arrive till the day of the concert lol!

nah seriously im fuckin jealous, wish i was there seeing them again.

The main expectation / hope i have is for some new material to be played. That would be awesome.

Obviously some light shed on the release date would be best but its anyones guess whats gunna happen with that.

It would also be awesome if some old classics were dusted off and  played, especially cival war!!!!!!

What is with this rolling stone article why is it being shunned by this board?HuhHuhHuh? its free for everyone to see tomoz and on the rs webiste. Dont make sense. mygnr have it on. Anyone got a clear answer?Huh?

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 03:41:27 PM »

someone asked jarmo to keep it off the site and board so he's doing it.

nothing more to it really.....

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
tibs
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 03:42:47 PM »

someone asked jarmo to keep it off the site and board so he's doing it.

nothing more to it really.....

when merck says jump you don't ask why you say "how high"
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 03:47:49 PM »

After the VMA's Axl said that the tour was going to start on October 24th.

Some dates came out and it was slated to start October 20th.  Then all dates before the 24th were canceled, and now the tour is starting on the 24th again.  IMO that's the reason why the first couple dates were moved.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 04:01:53 PM »

It is nice to know that there are boxes of new G N' R merchandise just waiting to be opened (probably their best CD merch yet)...and maybe even Chinese Democracy. Wouldn't it be great if the album was sold at the show on Tuesday?

Cool
EFISH
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »

It is nice to know that there are boxes of new G N' R merchandise just waiting to be opened (probably their best CD merch yet)...and maybe even Chinese Democracy. Wouldn't it be great if the album was sold at the show on Tuesday?

Cool

that would be awesome if it was released on Wednesday but they sold it at the show on TUESDAY!  hihi hihi

Dont worry, I'd give you guys details about the tunes rofl

I predict that even if its the same setlist, its going to be a VERY kick ass show.  yes
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 04:03:58 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if the album was sold at the show on Tuesday?

No, because I am not there to get one. rant

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 04:05:01 PM »

Cool

that would be awesome if it was released on Wednesday but they sold it at the show on TUESDAY!  hihi hihi

The tour DOES begin on Tuesday...no?
EFISH
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 04:06:58 PM »

Cool

The tour DOES begin on Tuesday...no?
You are correct.
I was trying to say is it'd be cool if we had a head start on the public, for a few hours.  Grin

By the way, its deffintly not being released in a few days, not a chance.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 05:15:10 PM »

Well, when they talk about the show on the radio down here, most of the DJ's chukcle or make some kind of joke when talking about GNR.  So there's really no excitment building down here.  And the arena is next door to a giant shopping mall, and an expressway, so not much of a "scene" to speak of.  But I'll be online around 3-3:30pm on tues the 24th!!!

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 05:43:28 PM »

I heard on 101.1 (Orlando Rock Station) about them giving away GNR tickets. Thats about it.

Im going to the Jacksonville show on Halloween. Would have went to Tampa ( its slightly closer to me), but originally the  opening night of the tour was the Jax show  on a friday ( tomorrow).

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 05:50:59 PM »

Axl Rose - soundchecking  Huh

HAHA  Grin

man..he laid off with that in 1989 !  ok

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 06:00:03 PM »

man..he laid off with that in 1989 !? ok

The Madrid gig was in May 2006 and apparently he was at soundcheck there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EFISH
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 06:01:22 PM »

man..he laid off with that in 1989 !  ok

/jarmo
I have audio of that!  yes
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 06:04:52 PM »

/jarmo
I have audio of that!? yes

What they did on the soundcheck ?! Pm please. ok

On topic The album will not be out on the first Gig.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 06:06:10 PM »

/jarmo

He was at both a rehearsal and soundcheck for the first Vegas show. Both were on the day of the show though.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
slashBOG
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 06:07:37 PM »

I just drove by the venue... There is ?one of those digital screens right next to it.. (when drivin on the sawgrass express way) ?and it changes the picture saying... GUNS N ROSES IN CONCERT, LIVE, TUESDAY OCT 24.. '8:00 pm.. MAN i got so excited to finally see that .. I almost hit the car in front of me ?hihi ?4 days to go....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=30750.0

It's there somewhere....

Oh, and remember the Eddie Trunk interview where Axl called from rehearsal?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 06:10:12 PM »

/jarmo
I have audio of that!? yes

On topic The album will not be out on the first Gig.

how do you know?? personally, I bet we might get an announcement or something on tuesday... if not tommorow
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 06:10:50 PM »

/jarmo

Okay, i forgot to add, he started with that again in Madrid 2006  ok

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
EFISH
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 06:16:56 PM »

They did Brownstone and November in Madrid, ill uipload when I get home but cant because im leaving RIGHT now for the gnr ont he movie thingy, got my camera on hand.  ok
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 07:49:21 PM »

On Florida (similar to Ohio) approach with caution.

Fort Lauderdale, FL _ best place for show vibe wise. More laid back, hip and trendy coast.

Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum _ cops in Tampa are a nightmare travel in packs. Having your attorney?s number handy is a good plan, especially if you are doing nothing wrong (being a civil rights attorney might be even better). If you?re a chick don?t dress to hot, this seems to provoke them. They don?t need a reason to harass you, just liking GnR ought to do it.

Estero, FL @ Germain Arena _ they pull in the red carpet at 8:00 pm, (that goes for the hotel too)

Jacksonville, FL - Ichetucknee Springs State Park - go tubing (Crystal Clear water), fantastic,. ?Even hung over this is awesome. Possibly the best thing in the state. Don?t speed when you leave, they will get you.
EFISH
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 07:52:20 PM »

Estero, FL @ Germain Arena _ they pull in the red carpet at 8:00 pm, (that goes for the hotel too)

huh??
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 07:56:30 PM »

huh??

Not a place to party wildly unless you are with people who live there. It?s not Miami.
EFISH
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »

huh??

Not a place to party wildly unless you are with people who live there. It?s not Miami.

Yeah, true I guess. I heard all Estero was, was the arena, an outlet mall, and thats it. But Ft. Myers is RIGHT there.  Tongue
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 08:06:56 PM »

huh??

Yeah, true I guess. I heard all Estero was, was the arena, an outlet mall, and thats it. But Ft. Myers is RIGHT there.? Tongue
Why don't you do a Google search of how many musicians have ended up in Jail In Naples, Florida (right next door to Ft Myers).? Ft. Myers is better for young people, but once again I caution you this is NOT Miami.? Close to the arena is good, a little more rowdy. I think there is a hotel there, lots of bars. In general this area is way mellower than GnR fans and it is as a demographic a very Red conservative part of the state which considering some of the other things you will see on that stretch of highway is fairly interesting. Ax should be amused fascinating place to spend Halloween.
EFISH
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 08:08:21 PM »

huh??

Yeah, true I guess. I heard all Estero was, was the arena, an outlet mall, and thats it. But Ft. Myers is RIGHT there.  Tongue
Why don't you do a Google search of how many musicians have ended up in Jail In Naples, Florida (right next door to Ft Myers).  Ft. Myers is better for young people, but once again I caution you this is NOT Miami.  Close to the arena is good, a little more rowdy. I think there is a hotel there, lots of bars. In general this area is way mellower than GnR fans and it is as a demographic a very Red conservative part of the state which considering some of the other things you will see on that stretch of highway is fairly interesting. Ax should be amused fascinating place to spend Halloween.

I dont think many people are going to be at this show. Are you gonna be there?
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 08:20:14 PM »

huh??

Yeah, true I guess. I heard all Estero was, was the arena, an outlet mall, and thats it. But Ft. Myers is RIGHT there.? Tongue
Why don't you do a Google search of how many musicians have ended up in Jail In Naples, Florida (right next door to Ft Myers).? Ft. Myers is better for young people, but once again I caution you this is NOT Miami.? Close to the arena is good, a little more rowdy. I think there is a hotel there, lots of bars. In general this area is way mellower than GnR fans and it is as a demographic a very Red conservative part of the state which considering some of the other things you will see on that stretch of highway is fairly interesting. Ax should be amused fascinating place to spend Halloween.

I dont think many people are going to be at this show. Are you gonna be there?

I escaped from the swamp and don't plan on going but you never know (ask Jarmo he will tell you I can have impulse control issues). After years in LA I never really tell anyone what I plan on doing anymore?LAs like Miami on steroids with a slightly less sexual vibe, at least with sex you know where you stand.

Nice enough to warn you what you are walking into.  I am still waiting for this ticket. crap to send the first tickets I ordered. Once bitten.... well you know how that goes?

I am sure it will all be fine, I wouldn?t go to the Tampa show, heard to many stories about Tampa and experienced ONE first hand.

It was nice talking to you fish?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 09:15:02 PM »

The band should be there by today to check out the stage (lighting, video, etc.) in an arena setting...no?

I hope the stage, lighting, and video dont interfere with the hockey game tomorrow night Roll Eyes

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2006, 12:40:26 AM »

Quote from: TVC15 on Yesterday at 01:54:00 PM
The band should be there by today to check out the stage (lighting, video, etc.) in an arena setting...no?

I hope the stage, lighting, and video dont interfere with the hockey game tomorrow night

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  That was pretty damned funny.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2006, 12:57:13 AM »

huh??

Yep. Not like Tampa, where the Forum is in the middle of the city and all the goings on over at Channelside.

Estero is basically in the country. The arena is right beside I-75, and located in-between Fort Myers & Naples. There's basically the arena, by itself, then beside it (there's even a back entrance) a huge outlet mall. Further north on Ben Hill Griffin Parkway (the road to the arena) there's some new things opening like a Best Buy & Bass Pro Shop, but last I checked they were still under construction. The north entrance to Ben Hill Griffin Parkway on Alico Road (which is the 1st Germain Arena exit from I-75) is a huge construction road. On Alico, there's like 5-6 asphalt/aggregate plants down that road. It's big with truckers.

But like you said, it's basically the arena & Miramar Outlet Mall. It's out in the swamp.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
EFISH
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2006, 01:05:34 AM »

huh??

Yep. Not like Tampa, where the Forum is in the middle of the city and all the goings on over at Channelside.

Estero is basically in the country. The arena is right beside I-75, and located in-between Fort Myers & Naples. There's basically the arena, by itself, then beside it (there's even a back entrance) a huge outlet mall. Further north on Ben Hill Griffin Parkway (the road to the arena) there's some new things opening like a Best Buy & Bass Pro Shop, but last I checked they were still under construction. The north entrance to Ben Hill Griffin Parkway on Alico Road (which is the 1st Germain Arena exit from I-75) is a huge construction road. On Alico, there's like 5-6 asphalt/aggregate plants down that road. It's big with truckers.

But like you said, it's basically the arena & Miramar Outlet Mall. It's out in the swamp.
Its the last place I would think of them to play at!
But I know Brian Johnson and Chris Judd played there last year at some benefit, and last year Lynyard Skynyad was there...

Oh well, itll be fun!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2006, 08:47:06 AM »

I agree. I was shocked when they booked that gig.

I think it's great, but I thought it was kind of shocking for such a small and off the beaten path venue. I'm wondering if the setlist will be smaller there, versus Tampa & Sunrise/Lauderdale.

I like it being out there, and not being in the middle of everything. There's so many fuckin' twists n' turns to get to the Forum in Tampa, versus Germain in Estero just being ride beside the interstate.

Either way, 'til next week. Maybe i'll get some TWAT, and i'm not talking about sex!  Wink

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
CocaineTongue22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2006, 10:15:28 AM »

I'm going, and I just got an e-mail from the place trying to sell lower level tix for 47 (instead of the ^%$*^%$77 I paid for mine). So, we are not sold out.

The Bank Atlantic is a great place to see a show. I've seen Billy Joel, Pavarotti, Aerosmith and Kravitz, watched a few hockey games and even graduated there, if that's not too surreal.

The Sawgrass Mall is accross the street and Bahama Breeze is a good place to catch a drink (per the other thread) and trudge over to see the show and save yourself a few bucks. Drinks at the arena are, predictably, expensive.

As far as the surrounding area, really suburban, actually. Not like seeing a show in Miami proper, at the American Airlines Arena, which is quite cool. If they come back for a show there, I am on it like white on rice. I actually have 4 floor tix I am willing to SELL for face value. Not looking to make a dime. I would never scalp my fellow gunners. Though, I think that the lower level is more my speed (103) since I have a married couple and a chick who does not dig the floor seats with me. Fuck it, man, it's my birthday!

Here's a link to the diacounted lower level seats! PM me if you are interested in the floor tix.

http://www.floridapanthers.com/images/PDF/GNRdiscount.pdf

Peace,
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2006, 05:51:06 PM »

This Davidian? place is still there too: In 1894, the "vilellus of the alchemico-organic cosmos" directed Cyrus R. Teed, founder of Koreshanity -- "Koresh" being the way God pronounces his first name -- to locate the soon-to-be capital of the world in a swamp in Florida that he named Estero. There, he was joined by his followers, most of whom were women. His colony was celibate since, in the year of Koresh 52 (1891) Teed had freed women from the "desecration of maternity." (Nevertheless, he was often observed in the company of young women, as when he traveled to Ft. Myers with as many as three at a time in his flashy car.) Teed made a variety of fantastic claims, such as that the earth was a hollow sphere, and that we were on its inside with our feet pointing outward. He had charts and instruments to prove this, including a "rectilineator" that showed that the earth tilted inward at the rate of 8 inches to a mile.
slashBOG
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2006, 08:41:11 PM »

huh??
I saw Motley crue there in february.. If i'm not mistaken there is only 2 levels unlike sunrise which has 4 . There is a bar.. right in the corner as soon as u get off I 75.. I ll be there ,, and the less people the closer I'll be hehe  ok  see u there 

Its the last place I would think of them to play at!
But I know Brian Johnson and Chris Judd played there last year at some benefit, and last year Lynyard Skynyad was there...

Oh well, itll be fun!
slashBOG
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2006, 08:41:48 PM »

I saw Motley crue there in february.. If i'm not mistaken there is only 2 levels unlike sunrise which has 4 . There is a bar.. right in the corner as soon as u get off I 75.. I ll be there ,, and the less people the closer I'll be hehe    see u there 

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: