Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:39:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GA Floor manners..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GA Floor manners..  (Read 9348 times)
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: November 09, 2006, 08:39:40 PM »

Going to make this short and sweet...why do people think that they can leave the floor and automatically come back to the same spot they were at, or come into the show late and push by people to get to the front? To me, the floor is first come, first serve. If you leave your spot to go pit, it's just like NASCAR-get to the back of the line. If you're trying to barge though me, expect to get shoved away. If you don't have the sack to piss right there on the floor, then piss your pants. If you are short, get a fucking seat. I've stood in line too long at these shows to have some asshat that thinks they are special trying to take my spot. Has not worked yet, and it won't in the future.

T
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:46:15 PM »

GA is a free- for- all. Always has been, always will be. If you don't like people trying to push past you, perhaps YOU need to get a seat.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 08:48:09 PM »

Going to make this short and sweet...why do people think that they can leave the floor and automatically come back to the same spot they were at, or come into the show late and push by people to get to the front? To me, the floor is first come, first serve. If you leave your spot to go pit, it's just like NASCAR-get to the back of the line. If you're trying to barge though me, expect to get shoved away. If you don't have the sack to piss right there on the floor, then piss your pants. If you are short, get a fucking seat. I've stood in line too long at these shows to have some asshat that thinks they are special trying to take my spot. Has not worked yet, and it won't in the future.

T

Ya know, I don't entirely agree with this statement either.  I'm short, I can't help it, but I would really like to try to see my fav band from somewhere closer then a seat. 

I'm not standing anywhere near you if your gonna be pissing there on the floor  no

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
west_coast_offense
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 08:48:22 PM »

What has the GA floor been like so far during this tour, has it been a bunch of pushing and crowd surfing??
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 08:49:30 PM »

If you don't have the sack to piss right there on the floor, then piss your pants.

Lemme know what show you're goin to be at, so I can make sure to wear my rubber boots.
Naw forget it, I'll just get seats.

Bitch slap rappin'
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 08:50:27 PM »

I am short too and I really don't expect for anyone to go out of their way for me, especially in GA.

People are always going to act like this on the floor though so if you can't take it you probably should just sit. ?

Or go with friends and take turns going to the bathroom.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 09:01:52 PM »

if you don't have the sack to piss right there on the floor, then piss your pants.

If your going to piss on the floor then dont even bother going to the show. It might be a concert but it isn't a pigsty or a place for you to piss on other people around you like a 2 year old.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 09:05:07 PM »

I think he's kidding about actually pissing on the floor.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 09:05:22 PM »

Some people leave to go to the bathroom, get drinks while they're friends stay on the GA, usually if I see a guy coming through carrying more than one drink I let him through because he's probably taking it for a pal, otherwise... I usually don't
axlsfury
Opening Act

Gonna bring you to your sha na na na na na knees

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 09:08:37 PM »

I was at opening night Hammerstein Ballroom May 12th. ?We were right near the front in the GA section. ?Some assclown decides he wants to gets closer and starts elbowing people in the back of the neck to move ahead. ?I tolerated it for a bit, then saw him do it to others, even women. ?

Well, I lost it. ?Fuckin grabbed the guy by the knees and lifted him up over the front barrier. ?He was squeeling like a mofo, then security came and hauled his ass away. ?He was yellin and shit as he was getting dragged away.

Everyone around me was cheering that I got rid of the fucker! ?It was funny because the tussle was quite loud and during Robins solo before Paradise City. ?I thought Axl might come out and start yelling at us.

I absolutely hate clowns that push you over the edge.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 09:13:35 PM »

I had a guy lastnight head banging and hit me and my girlfirend in the face with his dred locks. I asked him afew times to look out. But he kept doing. So then he was doing it so much then he hit me and the eye and knocked my glasses off. THEN i grabed him by his fuckin dreds and told him to cut the shit! So the next song starts. He is doing it some more now EVENT STAFF tell he to look out because he was hitting my girlfriend. So then i grab him and tell him i'll head butt you if you don't stop. Then he talked all type of shit. SO my girlfriend elbow him afew times and so did I and he fell back afew people and it was all good from there. I know he wanted to have a good. But so did i. and i asked afew time to look out and he did not care so...I'v been front row two times now. Next time i'll have a seat.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 09:14:35 PM »

It's mostly girls that are annoying, for the most part. Some slut grabbed my johnson last night and gave me the 'let me by' look....HAHA. I guess it works on some guys...

The way I see it, if you need to leave the front of the floor 15 fucking times, you should not be there in the first place.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 09:19:53 PM »

It's mostly girls that are annoying, for the most part. Some slut grabbed my johnson last night and gave me the 'let me by' look....HAHA. I guess it works on some guys...

The way I see it, if you need to leave the front of the floor 15 fucking times, you should not be there in the first place.

Well, I agree the women are worse than the men.  In the middle of the show in NJ, two of them came plowing through the GA saying their "husbands" were up front.  I started to laugh and asked what their "husbands" names were.  Needless to say they looked confused. 
wadernation
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 09:21:25 PM »

I am going to the Toronto show with 3 friends. It is all our first time in GA and we were wondering what the deal is. I am cool to line up to get up close but if I want to piss do you think that my friends will be able to save my spot and vice versa?

there is only one worlds most dangerous man
EFISH
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 09:23:35 PM »

I am going to the Toronto show with 3 friends. It is all our first time in GA and we were wondering what the deal is. I am cool to line up to get up close but if I want to piss do you think that my friends will be able to save my spot and vice versa?
Nah, good luck trying to get back to your spot. Almost impossible.
Just hold it in, itll be worth it!  peace
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 09:25:06 PM »

Don't drink during the day.   Squeeze some out before you go in.  You'll be set  ok

What leaks??
moondance_1
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 09:26:05 PM »

i've been pretty lucky i guess,no major probs at all when i was GA in NYC,hopefully here in Nashville it will be the same when the guys come to town. i'm short also,and guys are usually nice especially tall guys that you fit in front of easily. ?smoking all you have to do is have nice manners,and nice boobs help too. Tongue

Frankly,My Dear...........
basktqase
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 09:26:57 PM »

Although if you are rockin as hard as you can while you are on the floor up front, you usually sweat it all out of you before you have the problem of having to run to the bathroom.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 09:27:11 PM »

Nah, good luck trying to get back to your spot. Almost impossible.
Just hold it in, itll be worth it!  peace

It was easy for me to get back to my spot when I went to get some drinks at the hunington show, you just gotta ask politely and tell the guys your just trying to get back to your friends.
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 09:30:21 PM »

sorry im one of those dicks that just kinda mushes his way up front...never have a problem...and i still dont understand why ppl get in line so early to get right up front and center...its just so easy to meander around at last sec and set yourself up w/front row center yes
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 09:30:54 PM »

At Hammerstein on the 15th I was one "row" back from the railing. The girl ahead of me said that if she gets shoved against the railing she is go to kick and throw elbows behind her. Me, not liking this course of action, told her that if she does that I will punch her right in the back of her fat head. She looked at me in astonishment and I told her that if 2,000 people push forward I'm not holding them back, and if she thinking I'm kidding, throw an elbow.

I don't give a shit if you are a man or a woman, if you start kicking me and punching me you are going to get tossed around.

No kicks or elbows were thrown.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 09:33:31 PM »

The floor sucks if you get too close. You are behind the speakers and really cant hear as good than if you were further back. Plus being front row for GA you alwyas get squished and its not fun bc u are not enjoying teh show, you are just trying to surive.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 09:35:15 PM »

Well, if you plan on spending the show against the rail you have to expect to be impacted by the crowd surging. ?If you think everyone is going to just stand there and be polite then you are nuts. ?I personally usually just edge up one of the sides where the crowd isn't as thick. ?I have seen 5 shows of GA this year and I am kind of glad to be sitting for MSG. ?I would expect that crowd to be VERY nuts.
EFISH
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 09:35:40 PM »

The floor sucks if you get too close. You are behind the speakers and really cant hear as good than if you were further back. Plus being front row for GA you alwyas get squished and its not fun bc u are not enjoying teh show, you are just trying to surive.
I was in the very front for both shows I was at and none of that ^^ occured. I wasnt being pushed, the sound was great, and I was 2 feet away from my favorite fucking band!  Smiley
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 09:35:57 PM »

I like GA, it gives you more room to rock out and be wild and just have a great time while enjoying your favorite band... some people are different though, I think next time I see Gn'R I will probably go with seats since I had GA twice.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 09:36:48 PM »

I last about fifteen seconds in the front row, dead center at May 12 Hammer. The crowd surge following the opening rumbles of Jungle churned, twisted, and squeezed me to the point where my only escape was a jump and pull over the railing. Thank god for very strong and attentive security. Quiet heroes.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »

Yeah, I've seen GA GNR 3 times this year, I know what Axl looks like up close, from here on out it's good seats.

T
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 09:42:14 PM »

I was up front and center last night against the railing. Robin Finck threw me a water bottle, I picked on Bumblefoot's guitar for like 3 seconds, it was mint. I do hate the shoving and shit though.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
wadernation
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 09:50:14 PM »

Well my whole thing is that I really want to drink before. So I may just take the route of going late and trying to mingle my way to the front.

there is only one worlds most dangerous man
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 09:51:56 PM »

Ebb and flow... ebb and flow
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 09:57:22 PM »

GA is a free for all...I got to jersey early to get a spot in the front row...I had to piss like crazy for 5 hours...but i didnt leave...it would be nice if people see you leave on your way out and when you come back, they let you back to the front,,considering you got there so early....but life is not like that....i held it till my bladder almost burst for the entire show...because GA is a free for all.....oh I cant stand people who get there late and charge through the whole crowd...just got to stop them thats all...its been my experience if you get to the front agaisnt the gate...there are less assholes because security is 2 feet from you...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 10:02:36 PM »

T

You don't belong on the floor at a GNR concert! Go to a Britney Spears show if you want to wait in line forever and and expect to keep your spot upfront.  Nothing more anoying than someone bithcing at a rock and roll show about someone trying to get close to the stage.   
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 10:57:25 PM »

T

You don't belong on the floor at a GNR concert! Go to a Britney Spears show if you want to wait in line forever and and expect to keep your spot upfront.? Nothing more anoying than someone bithcing at a rock and roll show about someone trying to get close to the stage.? ?
I don't complain at all at the show, I just simply do not give up my spot or try to advance any further ahead. I hold my ground and WATCH the show....imagine that!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:02:21 PM by TurboTravis » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 10:59:49 PM »

I was in the very front for both shows I was at and none of that ^^ occured. I wasnt being pushed, the sound was great, and I was 2 feet away from my favorite fucking band!? Smiley

yeah but when you are 5'4 140 you get killed. Ask Erik he had to get pulled out at Hammerstein for getting pinned against the railing

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 11:02:03 PM »

T

I don't complain at all at the show, I just simply do not give up my spot or try to advance any further ahead. I hold my ground and WATCH the show....imagine that!

You don't belong on the floor at a GNR concert! Go to a Britney Spears show if you want to wait in line forever and and expect to keep your spot upfront.? Nothing more anoying than someone bithcing at a rock and roll show about someone trying to get close to the stage.? ?

Travis arent  you the guy who stiffed the waitress $16 and didnt pay for your drinks?

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 11:03:40 PM »

For big concerts I tend to stay about 3 or 4 rows back.. this avoids being crushed against the barrier and the stupid fuckers at the front few rows fighting to get front and center.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 11:04:31 PM »

T

Travis arent? you the guy who stiffed the waitress $16 and didnt pay for your drinks?

I all ready posted a thread earlier about that. Thought you saw it. Basically thought the drinks were on my friends tab, and offered to send a check to whoever covered it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 11:06:13 PM »

For big concerts I tend to stay about 3 or 4 rows back.. this avoids being crushed against the barrier and the stupid fuckers at the front few rows fighting to get front and center.

Right. I usually stand in the center of the floor right in front of the huge speakers. You can see much better if you are short like me. I bet all the ppl that think its great being up front and claim they dont get pushed away are six feet tall and around 160, those are usually the ppl that push ppl like me and other short ppl out of the way

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 11:07:54 PM »

T

Travis arent? you the guy who stiffed the waitress $16 and didnt pay for your drinks?

I all ready posted a thread earlier about that. Thought you saw it. Basically thought the drinks were on my friends tab, and offered to send a check to whoever covered it.

No I didnt see it. Sorry. We all chipped in 2 bucks to cover it. The waitress was worried we were gonna stiff her. See ya at msg
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:10:11 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

EFISH
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2006, 11:11:14 PM »

Right. I usually stand in the center of the floor right in front of the huge speakers. You can see much better if you are short like me. I bet all the ppl that think its great being up front and claim they dont get pushed away are six feet tall and around 160, those are usually the ppl that push ppl like me and other short ppl out of the way
I'm by no means 6 feet tall, and was the youngest one down there, and like I stated... had no problems at both shows.  yes
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2006, 11:12:29 PM »

At Hammerstein on the 15th I was one "row" back from the railing. The girl ahead of me said that if she gets shoved against the railing she is go to kick and throw elbows behind her. Me, not liking this course of action, told her that if she does that I will punch her right in the back of her fat head. She looked at me in astonishment and I told her that if 2,000 people push forward I'm not holding them back, and if she thinking I'm kidding, throw an elbow.

I don't give a shit if you are a man or a woman, if you start kicking me and punching me you are going to get tossed around.

I didn't have any floor problems at Hammerstein on May 14th. ?I was infront of Richard Fortus and no one was pushing.

But in Tampa, I had a floor ticket and then went and sat in a seat as there were openings.

In NJ, I had a seat ticket.

And in Baltimore, I'll have a seat ticket.

Rule of thumb is us older folks like to sit Grin
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 11:16:12 PM »

That my friends is the proper etiquette to have in the front.  It's every man AND woman for themselves.  There is no saving spots or trying to be a hero.  I was at a Misfits show last year and it was like being in a fucking stampede....I couldn't even lift my arms because everyone was packed so tight.  To mosh you just sort of swayed with the crowd and occasionally got headbutted.  I'm an older man in my 26th year and I like to keep it simple...I'm not a mosher anymore.....I like to be close, but no too close. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
axlslash4eva
Headliner

Suck on That

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2006, 11:24:57 PM »

I fucking love GA ive been 2 concerts were i sit and  it for me it doesnt seam like a concert it seems more of a get 2gether, atleast in GA u can sing and jump around like your in ur room rockin out, i went to the hammerstien show and it was crazy sweating 2 minutes inyo jungle, but at the NJ it wasnt as big i was the only 1 in my group jumping, there was this 1 CUNT there that was gettin mad when people jumped into her, some guy even said to her this is a fuckin Guns n roses concert and she went on to say she didnt care and bla bla bla, she was complaining the hole fuckin time saying she hated papa roach and hated metalica and her and her bf were doing fuckin wrestling quotes the hole time (they had 2 b in their 30s) i was jumpin up and down and she was giving me a nasty look my friend kept puttin his arm up so i wouldnt touch her bc he didnt want problems starting i was gunna jump into her on purpose but they kept fuckin smoking ciggerets and i was afraid the bf was gunna burn me and thats another thing if ur gunna smoke dont fuckin smoke in2 ppls faces smoke up so the air goes up, i wish i would of hit her and she gave me attitude i would have put the fat bitch in line, she was complaining she was tired and her feet hurt the hole night and when the guitar solos came on she was saying they need 2 stop their bullshitting, in conclusing if u want 2 bitch like she did get a motha fuckin seat
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2006, 12:33:51 AM »

T

Dude, you belong to the back of GA, not the front.  GA is for people to go nuts and jumps and move all around IMO. I was in NJ sunday and the crowd was standing still.. what a pity. Get a freakin seat!

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2006, 02:02:45 AM »

sorry im one of those dicks that just kinda mushes his way up front...never have a problem...and i still dont understand why ppl get in line so early to get right up front and center...its just so easy to meander around at last sec and set yourself up w/front row center yes

I would love to see someone try to push me out of the way so they can take front center,  It won't ever happen, no matter who you are. My girlfriend will be with me at the Cleveland show and we'll be in the front at the start of the show and I can guarantee you we'll be in the same spot at the end.  You can be a "dick" to some people but eventually you WILL run into the wrong person and that will be the end of it.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2006, 02:52:56 AM »

I had no problems being in the front row. People were pushing and what-not, so I just pushed back and they stopped.

This girl wanted to squeeze in between me and my friend. She was hot and offered me a beer, so I didn't object. I ended up pulling her in front of me, but that was for my benefit  ok

If you need to go to the bathroom while you're in GA, hold it. There's not much hope in getting your spot back. However, if you act urgent enough, people will end up letting you by. Trust me.
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2006, 04:00:26 AM »

Whatever the outcome is at MSG, yes I have a GA ticket, and no I'm not going to surge for the front..I'm taking a spot wherever I feel comfortable at.  Now whatever happens  will happen...though with some war stories about people's dreads banging into other people's faces to people tossing elbows...you can only tolerate it so much that you'll go and clothesline them or elbow back.  Fair is fair in my book and I'm not a violent guy.

Who'd win 1991 Axl vs 2006 Axl ??
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2006, 04:12:23 AM »

Whenever I'm at a gig, I always stand back a bit. Hate being in the crush near the front. If you hang back you can usually get a better view, and some breathing space.

I was right at the barrier for a Leftover Crack gig once, not a good idea. A stage diver hit me right in the face with his knee. I've never stood at the barrier for a gig since!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2006, 04:49:27 AM »

I was at a Social Distortion show a while back, near the front, next to a side railing.  I was holding on to the railing to hold my ground and some dude was trying to work his way in front of me but couldnt get past my arm. He complained to me that my elbow was hurting him.  I thought it was funny.  I hate the dicks who try and bully thier way to the front and ruin it for people who actually get there early. But GA is pretty much an anything goes free for all. And since Im taking my chick this time, its in the seats for me.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2006, 05:41:04 AM »

the only issue i have with GA is fucking crowd surfers, there's no need for it. i've almost had my neck snapped by one of those stupid fucks.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Coma66
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2006, 05:45:13 AM »

I don't know I was about 4 rows of ppl back at Mass and went to the bathroom (in the bathroom) and got a couple beers and the ppl I met there let me back where I was and I did the same for a couple others. Maybe it's just cause I wasn't raised by wolves and I've got some sort of manners regardless, just cause I'm at a concert doesn't mean I've got to be an animal. And once the surge started I held my ground and was in the same spot though out the entire show, just had to sway a little to see past some of those taller then norm ppl. Anyhow ya can have a good time and still not be a complete asswipe(OZZY OZZY OZZY oh shit wrong show again).

"Maybe we'ld be better off without you anyway"
fixintodie
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2006, 05:46:29 AM »

If you want to hear the show and see the band, don't go on the GA floor. End of story.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2006, 06:14:31 AM »

you really just have to take the rough with the smooth if you are going in the pit.? I've seen hundreds of bands and many of them pretty full on mosh/hectic GA (RATM, System, GnR, Metallica, faith no more) etc, I've had my fron teeth smashed against the barrier (luckily no permanent damage done - but ahd no feeling in them for 2 weeks and dentist said they "might" drop out? ?Lips Sealed? ), I've had rings scratched across my face, my friends have been pissed on.? But at the same stage, Ive also met some great people down trhe front, people who have just grabbed me by the waist and lifted me up so I could see (am short) or let me sit on their shoulders for a song, had a good singalong, shared water etc.? You gotta go with the flow. If its not for you, then edge out to the sides where its not so busy and you can usually see well and be close and still have the good atmos.
My pet hate is people there having a casual chat whilst the band are playing their hearts out - NO-ONE cares what you wer doing before you came mofo!

Though being older now I pick and choose when standing and sitting, HAD to stand at Hammersmith - the ONLY way to see em, but sat at Wembley.
anaesthetics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2006, 07:47:05 AM »

I whole-heartedly agree.  I waited in line at the Tampa show from 3PM until doors opened at 7:30.  Another group of guys were there since 8:30 that morning (and I thought I was fucked up).  Anyway, I waited to secure front row center, right against the barricade, and that's where I was when the lights went down.

Let me say that the "security" team at the St. Pete Times Forum is a fucking joke.  First off, there were at least eight of them in front of the stage, and still some guy managed to jump on stage and fuck with the Papa Roach singer.  It took them at least 15 seconds to look at each other and figure out what to do.  These guys aren't the bouncer types, either.  In between each set, they were talking to girls up front that wouldn't give them the time of day when they were off the job.  Their motive, of course, was to get closer to the stage.  Here's the fucked up part:  the security actually HELPED a few of them pass a few rows of people by leaning over the rail, grabbing their hand, and pulling them past people who earned their spot.

Well, long story short, one of these girls that security helped get closer to the stage ended up right behind me along with one of her friends.  A few songs into GNR's set and this fucking cunt is grinding into me and trying to shove her arms past mine onto the barricade at front.  Not that it matters (it doesn't) but they weren't even decent looking.  There's absolutely no room, so I keep my ground.  The cunt persists and eventually manages to shove one hand through and tried to hold onto the railing in front of me.  I pull her hand off and shove her arm away, then I'm met with "What the fuck is your problem?"  "This guy's being a total dick!".  If there's one pet peeve of mine at concerts, it's the leverage a pair of tits will give some dopey-looking bitch in the audience.  She and her friend continue the antics throughout the entire show while security does nothing despite the surrounding audience pointing her out numerous times.

Part of me thought I was overreacting, but as I was leaving with my friends after the encore, a few people came up to us and said "I don't know how you could stand that bitch behind you.  Security pulled her in front of us."  Bottom line.. people at the front of the floor more than likely waited HOURS to be there.  and unfortunately here in Tampa we have some total trouser-stain, jerkoffs that havent been laid in a decade working for minimum wage and abusing the miniscule authority entrusted to them by the venue.  You know, it's just fucked up.  Truth be told, the show was so great that I hadn't even thought much about the incident until reading this thread.
Axls Rocket Queen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2006, 08:05:43 AM »

GA is great, yeah those people are annoying but you just have to expect that sort of thing...it really is a free-for-all down there.? As for the crowd surges and crushing...all part of the fun, it's a rock show for goodness sake!

I've been GA twice, in Dublin and Glasgow.? Dublin was crazy, but being only 5'6 I got a bit of help from some of the people round me when I got crushed or knocked to the ground a few times., so I managed to stay about 3 'rows' back in the centre for the entire show.?

Glasgow was something else though- that was BRUTAL.? Me and my boyfriend only survived the first two songs at the front before we had to move because it was getting far too dangerous, and he literally had to fight his way through so we could move.? It's one thing having fun and going a bit nuts, but these big guys that were jumping into people and actually trying to stop them moving further back were just ruining it for people.? You expect to come away with a few bruises, but the way they were acting I was scared we'd have another Donington that night.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a hundred percent death rate
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2006, 08:22:53 AM »

As long as we're on the subject, I gotta vent about this story:
On the floor at the worcester show between papa roach and gnr, i saw this one dude who was obviously not getting along with this group of guys,  arguing, a little shoving.  now he may have been mouthing off and or being a complete asshole, or whatever.  This one guy in a red shirt from the group seemed to be trying to defuse things, calm the dude down.  So the dude finally turns around, like he's gonna let it go, and red shirt immediately head butts him, hard, in the back of the head.  So of course the dude turns around, not knowing who hit him, and starts swingin at another guy from the group.  Brawl ensues, guy who got head butted gets kicked out.  Douchebag in red shirt stays.  This guy was a serious, serious douche.  His shirt said, "Hi. You'll do," and he had a real douchey haircut.  so for the next 20 minutes he's fucking laughing, telling everyone how awesome he is and all about what he did.  Asshole.  So, if you're out there, cock smoker, I hope you crash your car and get fired from your job. ok  You are a pussy, and that was a cheap shot by any set of standards.  Some Vince Neil style shit.
Ahhh, that felt good.  Thanks for indulging me.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2006, 09:46:20 AM »

T

this is the biggest cry baby statement ive read here, ever.

your as bad as the guy that said people shouldnt sing at concerts.

if you dont want people getting past you, stand your ground, but to set up rules?

i paid my hundred for my ticket and i will come in when i want, and stand when i want.

i will also try my best to be polite to those around me.

have fun trying to play 'floor police' at the show.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2006, 09:53:42 AM »

I would love to see someone try to push me out of the way so they can take front center,? It won't ever happen, no matter who you are. My girlfriend will be with me at the Cleveland show and we'll be in the front at the start of the show and I can guarantee you we'll be in the same spot at the end.? You can be a "dick" to some people but eventually you WILL run into the wrong person and that will be the end of it.

Seriously though, what are you gonna do? Punch someone for trying to get past you? That would be stupid! Then you'd be getting kicked out and possibly even arrested. Then you don't even get to see a show you paid good money for.

I don't have to be right up front. I used to be that way, but anymore as long as i have a good view, i don't care where i stand. I'm usually 3-6 "rows" back from the stage.
andreq
Opening Act

Whore

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2006, 10:07:17 AM »

T

It is first come first serve, for the people who want to get pushed out of the way by the more aggressive people. Grin

Rich people will travel great distances to look at poor people.
Anything_Goes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2006, 11:50:53 AM »

It was pretty nice for GA from where I was at Worcester, I was basically right up front, far left corner near the railing. I did let some people go by, and when a person leaves the guys all around me and my bro look at each other and take a big giant step forward. Tip number 1, if your gonna wanna some how squeeze to the front do so on the far left and far right of the GA floor, if you take the middle you're asking for an ass kicking. There were 2 fights if I remember but that was In the middle. Not much pushing or shoving just people having a good time rocking out.  Cool   
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2006, 11:54:44 AM »

it is a fucking free for all.....
1-girls shouldnt be there if they cant handle it(i dont put up with their shit)
2-anyone bitching about it manners is a pussy
3-people piss EVERYWHERE on the floor......believe me....maybe on you
4-doesnt matter what time you got there.....you still have to fight for your spot
5-if you dont like it go find a seat!
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2006, 12:04:14 PM »

4-doesnt matter what time you got there.....you still have to fight for your spot

I've NEVER seen anyone piss on the floor at a GA show.   That's fucking disgusting and retarded.   Animals. 

Guess some of us just live too close civilization.

What leaks??
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2006, 12:05:56 PM »

I've NEVER seen anyone piss on the floor at a GA show.? ?That's fucking disgusting and retarded.? ?Animals.?

Guess some of us just live too close civilization.

ive seen someone piss in a beer cup and then place it on the floor.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2006, 12:06:33 PM »

I wish people wouldn't touch me when I am in GA. ?But it is expected. ?If comfort is important get a seat.

I'd type more, but I need to leave for M-S-G in an hour!!!! ? hihi

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2006, 04:39:17 PM »

maybe ill pee on some of you guys....im off later
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2006, 05:02:09 PM »

Farting is key too. Stanking ones.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
axlsfury
Opening Act

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2006, 08:30:15 PM »

I'd throw you over the fuckin barrier too dude. rant
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2006, 09:05:07 PM »

Thats is just complete disrespect! We all paid to get up close and personal to the show, so why ruin it for everyone else just thinking you are better than everyone else. We all pay to get into the show and all should be treated to the same show. Show respect to those around you and everyone can have a good time. You go with that kind of attitude to a Guns show your liable to get your ass kicked and not even seeing the show, because security wont tolerate your ignorance.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2006, 09:17:57 PM »

Thats is just complete disrespect! We all paid to get up close and personal to the show, so why ruin it for everyone else just thinking you are better than everyone else. We all pay to get into the show and all should be treated to the same show. Show respect to those around you and everyone can have a good time. You go with that kind of attitude to a Guns show your liable to get your ass kicked and not even seeing the show, because security wont tolerate your ignorance.

I havent been to a G&R concert this year yet, but I have been to many GA shows and one should expect people to have a mentality like those 5 things he mentioned. Does it suck? hell ya it does. But thats just the way people are. And you have to prepare yourself to except that fact that some if not all of that may happen. And you either deal with it and still have a good time, or you bitch bitch bitch and end up letting other people ruin your experience. I would like to see G&R twice, once ga and once seating but i figure if I only get to see em once and prepare for the worst, I know I will still have a blast on GA. People need to relize the world is full of assholes, and you either let them ruin your experiences or you don't. In the end its not all that bad, ga is actually quite fun even with all the bullshit you have to put up with.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2006, 09:38:40 PM »

Here's my advice from a 130 pound 5'7 dude.... use your elbows! and if your late follow the big dude pushing his way through the crowd. Hold on to the big dude's waste like your first girlfriend at the 8th grade dance... he will get you to the front. ONce your there if anyone tries to get in front of you poke your elbows in their ribs... the movement of the crowd will deliever all the pain they need to back off

ok

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2006, 10:07:28 PM »

Hi there,

I've been to a few concerts, and have always gone the GA route.  In May 2006, I had the opportunity to see GnR, on the floor Smiley

As a girl, of course I was nervous.  Whenever I think of GnR, the first thing that comes to mind is Donnington, riots, and crazed fans. 

However, my sister and I were front row, right side, on May 15th... and survived!! Smiley  The fight before the concert scared me a lot... but I found that during the show, people in the audience were decent people.  When a crowd surfer came near, the guys around us, made sure we weren't hit in the head, and the security guards gave us their water.  I also had a guy make sure I didn't get too squished.

Being a girl in a typically guy based band following does have it's perks.

Looking forward to Toronto on Wednesday, baby!! Smiley 
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2006, 10:16:26 PM »

GA is the best way to go... it's so much more fun.

The only thing i disagree with on that list is pissing.  You don't fucking piss on the floor.  That's fucking bullshit and wrong.  Learn to hold it like anyone else that's older then 6.  I always find that after the third 'row' of people, it's not hard to just stand and watch the show without getting too beaten up.

Toronto is gonna rock!

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
axlsfury
Opening Act

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2006, 10:49:06 PM »

Here's my advice from a 130 pound 5'7 dude.... use your elbows! and if your late follow the big dude pushing his way through the crowd. Hold on to the big dude's waste like your first girlfriend at the 8th grade dance... he will get you to the front. ONce your there if anyone tries to get in front of you poke your elbows in their ribs... the movement of the crowd will deliever all the pain they need to back off

ok

Elbows are the reason I threw that fucker over the barrier  rant
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: