Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007  (Read 24615 times)
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2006, 09:09:23 PM »

Haha...To be honest, i'm more suprised than anything that i was able to use the word "skeptical" without my post being deleted!  hihi
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2006, 09:09:38 PM »

It all just takes the fans back out of the dark, Axl obviously got pissed off himself and just wants to relate with his fans and put everyone straight on what's happening. Great news. Thanks Axl Grin

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2006, 09:47:16 PM »

12 more Tuesdays beer
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2006, 11:54:34 PM »

I hear you.? Me, I'm sticking with "cautiously optimistic."? The fact that an month/day was named gives me new hope...I'm very appreciative for Axl's letter.

its more to me that axl said hes going to try everything in his power to get it out that date... and that if something goes wrong theyll tell us..

Axl also said 'we hope to announce a release date within the next few months' in a statement issued on March 30th 2004, we didn't hear anything from him until 2 years later in March 2006. This is why some of us will ALWAYS keep our gurard firmly up until the album is in our hands, tentaitive date or not.
I'm not hating on Axl, i'm sure a lot of shit has been going on behind the scenes (Infact i'd love to know exactly what was happening between March 2004 - March 2006), it's just hard not to be a little sceptical in regards to this release.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2006, 12:00:36 AM »

following the late additions by BumbleFoot and Robin to the album

Really? Bumblefoot recorded parts for CD? The last I heard he said it was too late or something and he wouldn't be on it? I hope to god this doesn't mean Bucketheads playing has been removed  crying

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2006, 12:01:57 AM »

Really? Bumblefoot recorded parts for CD? The last I heard he said it was too late or something and he wouldn't be on it? I hope to god this doesn't mean Bucketheads playing has been removed? crying

I'll bet that's exactly what it means.

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2006, 12:17:39 AM »

Really? Bumblefoot recorded parts for CD? The last I heard he said it was too late or something and he wouldn't be on it? I hope to god this doesn't mean Bucketheads playing has been removed  crying

I don't mind a couple of tracks featuring Ron, but if this is indeed the case, I'd find it rather unfortunate.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2006, 01:00:30 AM »

Really? Bumblefoot recorded parts for CD? The last I heard he said it was too late or something and he wouldn't be on it? I hope to god this doesn't mean Bucketheads playing has been removed? crying

I don't mind a couple of tracks featuring Ron, but if this is indeed the case, I'd find it rather unfortunate.

I just don't see anyone doing a better job on the TWAT outro than Bucket, listen to the 99 version without him, not nearly as good. It's like him not being on Maddy, it just isn't the same. I always listen to the '02 version with his solo playing over the quotes, beautiful stuff.

Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2006, 01:17:08 AM »

I love the fact of Bumblefoot on CD. He can re-record anything he wants... but not the end solo of TWAT. (unless he does it better)

hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2006, 01:57:50 AM »

12 more Tuesdays beer

noo, not again!! it's like we are at the end of September all over again haha Grin

i suffered counting the weeks left as each tuesday came in, i'm not sure i can take another one hihi

btw, i don't like the idea of Bucket's solo on TWAT gone either no
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 02:00:28 AM by dodger girl » Logged

guns_n_motley
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2006, 10:47:01 AM »

na, bucket will still be on the album..hopefully...from mercks article it seems like they wernt doing anything so they were like "hey lets add ron and frank on the album" probably added some small solos etc.

its gonna be funny when you listen to this thing with 4 guitarists on it, 2 drummers. 1 bassist, one singer, 2 keyboards. hihi

is buckets solo in maddy gone?? I lOVED that.. when the words are going and you just hear his solo.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2006, 12:40:51 PM »

Leave Bucket on CD and put Ron on the followups.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2006, 12:47:23 PM »

completely agree with that.  why have any reason for possible delays?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2006, 01:44:38 PM »

completely agree with that.  why have any reason for possible delays?

I think alot of people feel this way. I always thought it would be weird to release a CD for a band and not have a member in the band that's on the CD, but obviously none of us know whats up yet with the final mixes.

I gotta agree that I hope that the overall melody in the last solo of TWAT has to stay though!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »

is buckets solo in maddy gone?? I lOVED that.. when the words are going and you just hear his solo.

I have no idea if it's been removed from the album version (Since none of us have heard it) but it's gone from the live version unfortunately. It has been replaced with some bog standard noodling.  If it has indeed been REPLACED at least replace it with something worthy that's what I say! And that's not a diss to the current GNR guitarists, they obviously have a shit load of talent, I just wish they'd come up with something better than that mediocre replacement for BH's work on Madagascar! I'm sure Ron or Robin could put something real nice there.

Casey Shelton
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2006, 11:09:49 PM »

If getting Ron Tahl on the album caused the couple month delay than so be it. The record will be that much better. He is simply phenominal. As is Richard as is Robin.  Man this record is gonna rock like no other. The record will be delivered just in time to overcome that mass boredom the Oscars bring.
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2006, 11:58:04 AM »

If getting Ron Tahl on the album caused the couple month delay than so be it. The record will be that much better. He is simply phenominal. As is Richard as is Robin.? Man this record is gonna rock like no other. The record will be delivered just in time to overcome that mass boredom the Oscars bring.

I like Ron a lot. That being said his playing is not quite up to the level of Buckethead. I really, really hope they don't remove his work from any part of the album. Adding Ron to the record was probably more about comraderie than about his contribution being anything of true worth.

There's a lot goin on here.....
guns_n_motley
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2006, 04:05:34 PM »

the one thing that makes me nervous is that the cd isnt done... and that axl has about 2-3 weeks to hand in the record for it to be out March 6

but axl says well hear either way. so do you think well hear if he has turned the record in? or when they start producing etc.
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2006, 04:12:43 PM »

Axl said in his letter that he will tell us if there are news concerning CD... So I assume, he's telling us when CD will be handed over to the record company...
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2006, 04:19:10 PM »

Hopefully.  beer

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: