Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007  (Read 24617 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 02:57:30 AM »

They should put the cover art on gnr.com and maybe the track listing

We should know by the end of January what's going to happen. That's the sweet part. No more speculation, this time we'll know well in advance.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 02:59:30 AM »

If CD is to be out on March 6th that means that by Jan 6th we could get confimation if that date is going to be set in stone. If it is that means in Feb the single would probably drop.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 03:03:06 AM »

yeah!! the fun is just about to begin!

if they intend to release it in the proper way as he said, with the 8 weeks advance and everything else, then we are going to get info and news about the album way before March 6th!!! amazon and every other online store will have it listed, possibly with artwork, and everything will just flow normally like with any other album!! i'm so excited, i feel like in the beginning of this year when the demos leaked and everyone was so excited and hopeful! but with the BIG difference that now everything is for real!!

GeraldFord
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 03:07:56 AM »

It'd be sweet it they show the album cover by the end of this year.
HMJACK707
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2006, 03:11:31 AM »

I wonder how well it will sell... Sure there is us (The hardcore GN'R fans) but will the album appeal to the masses?

GN'R is my favorite band of all time so I am not dissing them in the least when I say this. But a lot of people consider GN'R hair metal... and a lot of people dont like hair metal. A lot of people also dont like the idea that the only original member of the band left is Axl.

Well either way, I know the album will be AWESOME. I do hope it sells well tho. Axl and the band (Well to a lesser extent) deserve for it to sell well.

I just hope it does well enough to warrant another album... One that hopefully does not take as long as CD took to come out.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 03:14:46 AM »

Better as a single will rip the charts. The metalheads may say it's cheesy and old and what the fuck else, but the general public will love it, and so do we. This album will kill.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 03:15:12 AM »

I was stoked about seeing Guns in concert this year (5 times) and I'll be stoked when I get to buy the CD and see a video.

Good enough for me.  Cool
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 03:41:47 AM »

As I already commented in letter thread, I do not think the album will be released in march. May or June more likely..It's been many, many years since I've been a fan of this band, so for me it's kind hard to believe that the album will drop when scheduled.

I've been around this track a couple of times, but now dust is starting to clear...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2006, 03:57:54 AM »

As I already commented in letter thread, I do not think the album will be released in march. May or June more likely..It's been many, many years since I've been a fan of this band, so for me it's kind hard to believe that the album will drop when scheduled.

I've been around this track a couple of times, but now dust is starting to clear...

Very probable, but according to the letter we will know in advance if that happens. We should know a month or more in advance if it's acutally happening. No more "will it be out next week" bullshit. Come January and things should start to happen. Tracklist, album cover, single, video. Something.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 04:27:40 AM »

Reading that letter I believe the Album is finished and that is huge news.

If it takes 2 months to release it after its turned in, Axl would have till my birthday January  6th to turn it in to the label.

So i think the album is done and all thats holding it back is legal stuff.

Maybe he is keeping some of buckethead's contributions and he has to have Bucket sign off on it and give permission or something?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 05:35:29 AM »

Reading that letter I believe the Album is finished and that is huge news.

Isnt it the opposite? They still havent handed the record over to be published. So does this mean bumblee foot might play on it afterall?

I dont know how i feel about it.

Im glad axl has written the letter and thank god merck is gone. But its still not cool doing this to us. And come on.. March 6th isnt a release date. Its a compromise from axl as he appreciates how much hes let us down.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 05:54:30 AM »

Just saying that Axl said it takes 2 months for a record to be released once its handed in.

so if March 6th is the planned date, he'd have to have it in by January 6th, So its December 15 now, So it pretty much has to be finished and Id bet its being mastered now.

It sounded to me like the MUSIC is finished and they just have to tie up some minor loose ends with the legal stuff.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2006, 05:57:56 AM »

He said minor things, and I mean minor was left before the album was finished. Who knows what that is, a couple of guitar tracks and what not. Anyways, it seems Axl is ready to say enough is enough this time. It may not be march 6th, but I'll bet you alot of money that we wont be sitting here next december speculating.

I think Axl will release the fucker this time, even if he's not a 110% satisfied with it. He's not getting any younger, it's time to do this before it's too late.

KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 06:05:59 AM »

I wonder if Bucketheads parts are part of the contractural obligation to sort out?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 06:10:38 AM »

Could this mean, a new single will be around mid February?? Shocked
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2006, 06:12:22 AM »

I wonder if Bucketheads parts are part of the contractural obligation to sort out?

Thats what I think is one of the possibilities.

If there is something Minor before the album is finished it has nothing to do with the music.

The music is usually 100 percent finished before vocals are added.  Finishing vocal parts wouldnt be considered minor so I think it has to do with Artwork, packaging, booklet, liner notes etc etc.

marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2006, 06:14:33 AM »

How I fuckin' love/ha
marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2006, 06:15:49 AM »

How I fuckin' love/hate Axl...... this letter makes me realy love him..... but he can be an a-hole.... at times
sla5h
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 06:17:53 AM »

Guess Slash was correct with his March release date prediction. Although i think he thought it was going to be 2006, not 2007.

2007 - CD starts then! - here we go again  Grin
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 06:26:57 AM »

WOW a first release "date"....well kinda  hihi not a year, not a season, not a month, a "date". At least we're not gonna be kept in the dark anymore....and enough of the speculation....for now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: