Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007  (Read 24616 times)
ben9785
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2006, 04:34:56 PM »

If I understood correctly, the album itself is very close to completion, if it hasn't been completed already
The select days they have taken off the tour were to tie up legal issues and other issues SURROUNDING the release of the album, not necessarily the music itself

I assume we will hear if the album has been turned over, whether it is from an official or unauthorized source. I can safely say though ultimately we will know for sure the album has been turned over when they confirm the final release date
madagas
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2006, 04:38:16 PM »

The letter is self explanatory....why another thread? It just clogs up the board with drivel........ ok
ben9785
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2006, 04:40:34 PM »

I wouldn't necessarily say the delay of the album has been because of Ron or whoever else recording parts on the album. The album has just been on hold for all the legal issues and concerns etc as mentioned by Axl in the letter; they just took the opportunity to add more to it and improve it. Hence Axl mentioned the great last second additions from Ron and Robin that he feels have completed the record (I know they weren't his exact words but that's how I understood it)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2006, 04:42:35 PM »

? I for one am really hoping for this thing to be released on the day Axl is tentativley announcing let's get this fucker out there.

? Onething though that not many people have been mentioning, regardless of Merks and Axls diferences....Merks departure worries me quite a bit, I mean Axl and the boys are not only negotiating with the record company, finnishing the album...propbably be rehearsing a new leg of the tour and on top of that looking for and negotiating new managment.... that's a lot of shit to go down. Also this whole situation with Brain and Frank is worriesom but I've got my fingers crossed ok

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2006, 04:50:07 PM »

what excatly do they have to negotiate with the company?
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2006, 05:01:18 PM »

I'm cautiously optimistic. We've entered detente with our estranged hero; perhaps more communication ahead?!%$#
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2006, 05:11:42 PM »

I hope the music is done on the cd for christ's sakes! I hope the "minor details" are just MINOR DETAILS. The one thing i noticed about Axl's letter was that in the beginning he talks about he thought that he and Merck were on the same page to get the album in stores by 12-26 at the latest, but then later on in the letter he says there are still minor details to be worked out. WTF? If there are still minor details to work out, shouldn't those have been worked out BEFORE you went around saying "definately this year" when asked about the cd's release??

I'm not even counting on March 6th( Axl saying tentative tells me it probably won't happen). I hope it happens, but i'm definately not going to go getting all excited about it again. Not until there is an official release date anyway.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2006, 05:13:43 PM »

The album is not finished. Both Merck and Axl said that. So don't hold your breath until we hear the label has recieved the album.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ben9785
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2006, 05:14:27 PM »

I hope the music is done on the cd for christ's sakes! I hope the "minor details" are just MINOR DETAILS. The one thing i noticed about Axl's letter was that in the beginning he talks about he thought that he and Merck were on the same page to get the album in stores by 12-26 at the latest, but then later on in the letter he says there are still minor details to be worked out. WTF? If there are still minor details to work out, shouldn't those have been worked out BEFORE you went around saying "definately this year" when asked about the cd's release??

I'm not even counting on March 6th( Axl saying tentative tells me it probably won't happen). I hope it happens, but i'm definately not going to go getting all excited about it again. Not until there is an official release date anyway.

My guess is that the minor details were held back due to issues between Axl and Management, which is why they couldn't get all the other minor details or whatever completely finalized, and now they have scheduled it in the shows they cancelled, so I think everything hopefully is on track
guns_n_motley
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2006, 05:14:42 PM »

The album is not finished. Both Merck and Axl said that. So don't hold your breath until we hear the label has recieved the album.

axl does say its minor details
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2006, 05:15:54 PM »

Yeah, finishing touches in other words.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2006, 05:18:46 PM »

I hate that word in reference to GNR hihi

but this time I think thats all it may be.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2006, 05:21:41 PM »

I hate that word in reference to GNR hihi

but this time I think thats all it may be.

Only thing that worries me is the fact that he wasn't able to do more than 3 days work last year. What are the chances he'll get back in the studio by January then?

He's put it all on the line with this tentative release date.

dallasgel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2006, 05:23:01 PM »

I would imagine they have recording stuff to deal with - not any of the legal issues.  That would be dealt with by the lawyers and record company.  The reason for the delay is finishing touches on the album IMO.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2006, 05:23:15 PM »

typical mysteron answer: yes
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2006, 05:26:05 PM »

The letter is self explanatory....why another thread? It just clogs up the board with drivel........ ok

I'm gonna go ahead and sort of... agree with you there. I don't get threads like this.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »

I like Ron a lot. That being said his playing is not quite up to the level of Buckethead. I really, really hope they don't remove his work from any part of the album. Adding Ron to the record was probably more about comraderie than about his contribution being anything of true worth.

I agree with that post 100%

As for March the 6th, I would be extremely shocked if it comes out on that exact date, if Axl says 'tentative' then it means TENTATIVE! I really hope he proves me wrong though.
My prediction is still Summer 2007 and has been through most of '06, even after Merck said that Tuesday bullshit! As if Axl isn't gonna capitalize on the 20th anniversery of AFD, he'd be mad not to, it had to be 2007!
Can't you picture the adverts? - *In deep voice* - 20 years after Appetite for Destruction, AXL ROSE IS BACK with the long awaited 10 years in the making CHINESE DEMOCRACY! BLAH BLAH! hmmm maybe that's just me  confused

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2006, 06:53:18 PM »

today in the biggest newspaper in stanislaus county , california ...there was a article about the note axl posted online and such pretty cool , nothing new except this was on page A-2 thats pretty good press coverage
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: