Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:55:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 64787 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #340 on: June 09, 2006, 01:21:38 AM »

And how many times have we already discussed about this Roll Eyes My opinion is, that Robin plays now much better than he did in 2002-tour. But I still think that he sucks hihi I just can't get his solos.. note after note after note in a random order. Fortus kicks this guys ass 100-0..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
RichardNixon
« Reply #341 on: June 09, 2006, 01:22:08 AM »

Besides, he wrote better.

Izzy wrote a bunch of good songs too, but that didn't entitle him to play lead guitar. If anything, this band should be following the Izzy model and relegate Robin to an almost strictly rythm role, leaving the lead guitar parts to the more talented players.

Being creative in the studio should not take precedent over Richard and Bumble's superior playing ability in relation to Robin.

You gotta admit though that Robin's solo in the Blues is really good.

Yes, love that solo. Very Slash-esque. Slash couldn't have done a better job.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #342 on: June 09, 2006, 01:24:37 AM »

Izzy wrote a bunch of good songs too, but that didn't entitle him to play lead guitar. If anything, this band should be following the Izzy model and relegate Robin to an almost strictly rythm role, leaving the lead guitar parts to the more talented players.

Being creative in the studio should not take precedent over Richard and Bumble's superior playing ability in relation to Robin.

Too true man. That's what makes people mad, is that the new guys are better than the old.

The old is something to respect, but the new is something to support.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #343 on: June 09, 2006, 01:31:51 AM »

He's good but he isn't great.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #344 on: June 09, 2006, 01:38:29 AM »

....Nah, he's great.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #345 on: June 09, 2006, 01:39:07 AM »

....Nah, he's great.

Compared to other guitarists? Nope.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #346 on: June 09, 2006, 01:41:26 AM »

he's great coz he's unique  ok

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #347 on: June 09, 2006, 01:44:42 AM »

If anyone claims robin sucks just point them to his twat solo

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pocket Roses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #348 on: June 09, 2006, 01:45:20 AM »

He dances while he plays guitar.  What more could you want.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #349 on: June 09, 2006, 01:51:26 AM »

Robin rocks , i like the guittar job on TWAT and Better . ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2006, 02:06:51 AM »

he's great coz he's unique  ok

Sounds fucking lame Roll Eyes I don't think that being "unique" makes you a great guitarist if you're not a great guitar PLAYER..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2006, 02:11:35 AM »

And then have them listen to the longer version with Bucket and have them decide which is better. Simple fact is that the short version of TWAT (Pre-Bucket) is all we are ever going to get out of Robin, good songs that need a superstar like Bucket(now Bumble) to take them to the next level. Robin's playing ability is just too limited to be a legitimate lead guitarist in a band like GNR when you are filling the shoes of a legend. The fact he has been in the band as long as he has, yet Axl has continually brought in new guitarists speaks louder about his limitations than any post on a message board ever could.
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #352 on: June 09, 2006, 06:47:51 AM »

i really love robin, i think hes an amazing guitar player, and hes supported axl and gnr for years, he deserves to stay and be respected as much as any of them do, of course hes no slash, but i happen to really like robin and i love watching him play.
Brody
« Reply #353 on: June 09, 2006, 06:53:57 AM »

I agree that is a great solo..
estranged.1098
« Reply #354 on: June 09, 2006, 06:56:56 AM »

And then have them listen to the longer version with Bucket and have them decide which is better. Simple fact is that the short version of TWAT (Pre-Bucket) is all we are ever going to get out of Robin, good songs that need a superstar like Bucket(now Bumble) to take them to the next level. Robin's playing ability is just too limited to be a legitimate lead guitarist in a band like GNR when you are filling the shoes of a legend. The fact he has been in the band as long as he has, yet Axl has continually brought in new guitarists speaks louder about his limitations than any post on a message board ever could.

The fact that he plays lead on all the leaks and does a wonderful job speaks louder about his abilities than any hater in a message board ever could.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #355 on: June 09, 2006, 07:03:27 AM »

The fact that he plays lead on all the leaks and does a wonderful job speaks louder about his abilities than any hater in a message board ever could.

Not when there's such a giant gap in quality between both types of performances (live & studio).

I do agree when people say that he has grown in respect to '02. That being said, I still think he's the weakest guitarist in the line up. No, I'm not saying he's shit, I just think the other two (especially BBF) are eons ahead.

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 07:06:32 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #356 on: June 09, 2006, 07:12:53 AM »

you put so much pressure on him

Nothing to say
estranged.1098
« Reply #357 on: June 09, 2006, 08:25:17 AM »

Not when there's such a giant gap in quality between both types of performances (live & studio).

I do agree when people say that he has grown in respect to '02. That being said, I still think he's the weakest guitarist in the line up. No, I'm not saying he's shit, I just think the other two (especially BBF) are eons ahead.

-PEACE-

Watching him live is actually even better.
Slashahaulic
Opening Act

Where would GnR be today if it wasn't for Slash...

« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »

Too true man. That's what makes people mad, is that the new guys are better than the old.

The old is something to respect, but the new is something to support.

What makes people mad is that the new guys can't even play the old stuff well.  How can you possibly label them as better than the originals???  Have you ever heard either band play? 

Slash: the Soul behind GnR
Buckle
Mr. Mayonaise (The Model)
Opening Act

The World is My Bucket

« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »

-PEACE-

You have also remember the fact, that all the lead parts have to be split between three guitarists. Robin proved his worth, wasn't a fan of the solo piece before sweet child but thats just my preference. He is still one of the best guitarists in the world in my opinion and plays with so much intensity. Bumblefoot impressed me a hell of alot considering he hasnt been with them for that long at all.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: