Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Tracklist??
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Tracklist??  (Read 13013 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2004, 07:40:02 PM »

Is this the quote you mean, justynius?

[from www.gnrontour.com]

08.26.02 - London Arena, London, England

"After 'Chinese Democracy,' Axl says, "Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."

Now, where does Axl say the songs won't be on the album?

I checked every tour date on that site for 2002...and that's the only show where Axl makes any kind of quote like the one I just posted.

Now, who doesn't know what quote is being referenced?  ok

Check and mate.

-Jeff
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 07:47:39 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2004, 07:59:18 PM »

Is this the quote you mean, justynius?

[from www.gnrontour.com]

08.26.02 - London Arena, London, England

"After 'Chinese Democracy,' Axl says, "Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."

Now, where does Axl say the songs won't be on the album?

I checked every tour date on that site for 2002...and that's the only show where Axl makes any kind of quote like the one I just posted.

Check and mate.

That is the quote I'm talking about. "As singles or anything" in your bolded sentence isn't necessarily what was said; there is a lot of cheering over that part and Axl is talking in a weird voice (there was a discussion about this when the concert was initially shared). Even if it was what was said, you can still infer that CD/The Blues/Maddy are along the lines of B-sides or "extra tracks" relative to the other songs. That's also where I was getting the bonus disk reference ("about 10 extra tracks") from.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2004, 08:28:43 PM »

Its fairly hard to judge from a bootleg, justynius, I understand, but I don't think John @ www.gnrontour.com would put that up without checking it first...an audience recorded bootleg isn't really going to be your best bet to check the quote with.

I actually just checked with someone that was at the show, and she said that the quote is correct, except for one slight typo: it was "run its course", not "run its source". But, that's a keyboard slip, it doesn't take the quote out of context or anything.

And I highly doubt that you can "infer" anything about what Axl said. When he says "not as singles" or anything, I see them as album tracks, not as anything else. The 10 extra tracks could be anything, but unless they plan on releasing 5 singles with 2 b-sides each, then I don't see them being those. He could even use some as soundtrack songs. Again, its all how you take the quote, but come on, why record a song called "Chinese Democracy" and leave it off of the album of the same name? Granted, Zeppelin did it with "Houses Of the Holy" (the song with that title was on "Physical Graffiti").

With all of the promo stuff Axl has done so far..calling the tour the "Chinese Democracy" tour, printing up "Chinese Democracy Starts Now" shirts, and explaining what the song meant on numerous occasions, I can't see that song not making the album. "The Blues" and "Madagascar" are such fantastic songs that I'm sure Axl is going to want to load the album up with his strongest material, and if he has better stuff that those two, which I'm sure he does, then fuck, this may be the best album ever.

And hey, if I'm wrong, and for whatever reason those songs don't make the album, then its no big deal, because like you said, we'll see them one way or another.

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »

And I highly doubt that you can "infer" anything about what Axl said. When he says "not as singles" or anything, I see them as album tracks, not as anything else. The 10 extra tracks could be anything, but unless they plan on releasing 5 singles with 2 b-sides each, then I don't see them being those. He could even use some as soundtrack songs. Again, its all how you take the quote, but come on, why record a song called "Chinese Democracy" and leave it off of the album of the same name? Granted, Zeppelin did it with "Houses Of the Holy" (the song with that title was on "Physical Graffiti").

I obviously do not know any more than what Axl has said publically, but I got the impression that CD/The Blues/Madagascar would be extra tracks included with the "Chinese Democracy" album - extra tracks, bonus disk, whatever you want to call it. So, they are released with the album, but technically not on it. In essence, it would almost be like a double CD, just with the second disk a few songs shorter than normal (and not weighed as important when people judge the record). Regardless, I think the main point Axl was trying to make is that the songs we've heard so far are not very significant to the record, and that the best is coming.

Also, in response to something else you said, I think "the best album ever" truly is what Axl's aiming for. There have been other musicians with similar 14 year breaks, but none that I know of where the artist was working on a single album for most (or all?) of the break and there are very few with the talent/impact of GN'R. You also don't see albums with the talent level of the guests that have contributed to Chinese Democracy, and the $13 million is obviously far and away more than has been invested into any other production. GN'R has worked on this album for so long and there are so many songs that this is essentially a greatest hits album instead of a regular release; Appetite/Lies/Illusions were all put together in a lesser amount of time (combined) and you have to figure Axl's probably improved with experience. That should put into perspective the level of quality we might see with this release.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 03:57:53 AM »

Why does everyone keep saying that CD, The Blues, and Maddy aren't going to be on the album?

AXL NEVER SAID THAT THE SONGS WEREN'T GOING TO BE ON THE ALBUM!

All he said was that they were songs that weren't being considered as singles, he didn't say they would be b-sides, he didn't say they were going to be bonus album material, and he didn't say that they weren't going to be on the album. HE SAID THEY WOULDN'T BE SINGLES!

I'm tired of people coming on here and getting the quote wrong every single fucking time. Its almost not even worth explaining it to some of the people on here..

-Jeff
Yeah he has said they could be B sides or something but he said they wont be on the album at one of the concerts. I remember reading that.  He definently gives the vibe the songs wont be on CB, thats why people ask questions.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2004, 04:01:23 AM »

I ment to say on CD. He keeps talking about 18 songs on an album and 10 extra and he has all these ideas? He gives out all these different ideas and then no one knows for sure so we guess since he cant confirm anything.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2004, 05:43:43 PM »

I think the 18 track thing is long forgoten, from what we`ve heard of late the track listing is being tweaked with newer songs being prefered. I doubt the will be a specific number of songs being aimed for, simply the strongest eceletic selection, it was always going to be hard to fit 18 tracks on an 80 minute cd, with any more than a couple of "epics" of which there are supposedly a few, the rest of the tracks would have to be very short.

What i do think is that regardless of the number of tracks, it`ll be a full disc of music as aposed to these 45/50 minute jobs.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 05:46:41 PM by Andrew » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: