Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:23:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns to play Live 8?????
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns to play Live 8?????  (Read 27211 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 12:21:17 PM »

What are you talking about, Axl in his time in GNR has played huge venues. You mad man lol.

html sucks
DemocracyRose
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 01:18:44 PM »

Ive read that Axl has been asked to come on, not guns, though it would be cool if he joined VR on stage and did some guns songs. Id rather have that, then the freakshow come on.

Where have you read that???

Axl would never go onstage with VR, come on..........
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 03:56:10 PM »

This isn't gonna happen.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 04:21:30 PM »

I hate to be the one to burst everyone's bubble, but its not happening. If Axl decides to preview some new material at one of these festivals, it will likely be Farm Aid, and not Live 8. But Farm Aid isnt likely either. I predict he stays in the shadows until a week or two leading up to CD release.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2005, 04:26:35 PM »

i read this article ages ago.someone has just added "GNR to play live8" to the end of the sentance.i did hear a rumour that geldof had been in touch with axl to try n persuade him to show but that that was all i heard,and i cant even remember where i heard it.it would b great for gnr to turn up but i really doubt that will happen.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2005, 04:28:42 PM »

I hate to be the one to burst everyone's bubble, but its not happening. If Axl decides to preview some new material at one of these festivals, it will likely be Farm Aid, and not Live 8. But Farm Aid isnt likely either. I predict he stays in the shadows until a week or two leading up to CD release.
Wow, you know it all! That's a good source, thanks for sharing all this info. Tongue

Anyway, this is bullshit. Some fucker posted this at wikipedia with no real source. If he had agreed to perform, we wouldn't find this out on wikipedia!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2005, 04:29:30 PM »

I highly doubt it but one day axl has to appear again and this would be a cool reason too.. I wish rio 5 was closer..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2005, 04:32:01 PM »

it's getting real close anyway, I can't beleive this is still being talked about, I think he would've had to have made up his mind before now. So I think not either

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2005, 04:37:09 PM »

Mike, wasn't the reason for not doing the last Rio was the fact that Buckethead was gone? So how can they do Live 8, Farm Aid, or the next Rio if they're in the same boat as last year? If they did perform at one of these, are we gonna be forced to hear 'Jungle' and 'Paradise City'? I'm not interested in hearing Jungle for the millionth time. If GNR cant offer something new, then they shouldnt even go to one of these festivals.

coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2005, 04:42:38 PM »

Mike, wasn't the reason for not doing the last Rio was the fact that Buckethead was gone? So how can they do Live 8, Farm Aid, or the next Rio if they're in the same boat as last year? If they did perform at one of these, are we gonna be forced to hear 'Jungle' and 'Paradise City'? I'm not interested in hearing Jungle for the millionth time. If GNR cant offer something new, then they shouldnt even go to one of these festivals.

This isn't the same thing as a festival. As far as I know, none of the artist are playing new songs. In fact, most of what I've read shows the big names playing old songs. Old as in each bands/artist big hits.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2005, 05:17:16 PM »

I have to admit, my curiosity rose after I heard they are adding a new location...Moscow!  Wouldn't that be f'in cool for some new shit off of Chinese Democracy???  I know it won't happen, but I felt the same way when I heard that Audioslave played a concert in Cuba.  Chinese Democracy would be perfect for these places that have had to endure communism for so long.   beer 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2005, 08:38:06 PM »

Welcome to Wikipedia, the free-content encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

LOL!! ^it says that on their main page^ Grin

yeah I know, Ive read lots of interesting fake stuff about RHCP there recently. peace

bottom line, anyone can edit the page!!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2005, 08:42:29 PM »

I really doubt it. If he can't put a cd together in the last 5 years why would he play a show that he dosnt get to hog for himself?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »

Someone has already removed the Live 8 claim.

Wikipedia is not any type of source excpt for common knowledge and in this case, a hopeful fan stating a want as a fact. We`d all like to see GNR play Live 8. It would be a great way to start things up again. But for whatever reason it looks like Axl is not gonna do it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
DemocracyRose
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 02:27:57 AM »

? ?I have to admit, my curiosity rose after I heard they are adding a new location...Moscow!? Wouldn't that be f'in cool for some new shit off of Chinese Democracy?Huh I know it won't happen, but I felt the same way when I heard that Audioslave played a concert in Cuba.? Chinese Democracy would be perfect for these places that have had to endure communism for so long.? ?beer?

It will be happening in Red Square from 19.00 to 22.30 (BST)

Line up yet to be confirmed

Live content from around the world broadcast into the show.

The event will be broadcast on Channel One as well.

Live8live.com
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 05:57:34 AM »

I heard it was gonna be headlined by either Depeche Mode or Pet Shop Boys (I always confuse those 2 bands!) and a bunch of local bands.   Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2005, 08:04:11 AM »

well he loves rio SOOOOO much but we know he had no intensions of playing 4 bh leaving was a happy coincidence... If 5 came along and he didn't play then you know it's over..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2005, 08:17:58 AM »

Mike, once again, I completely agree, If CD isnt out by the time Rio roles around(it wont be), or if Axl just chooses not to do the show, I think thats the signal to throw in the towel. Seriously. Only so much time can be given to this CD saga before realizing it isnt gonna happen. I think Rio is the perfect deadline. In fact, I'm going to kick it up a notch: I say another member quits before Rio is on the horizon.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2005, 08:47:01 AM »

Mike, once again, I completely agree, If CD isnt out by the time Rio roles around(it wont be), or if Axl just chooses not to do the show, I think thats the signal to throw in the towel. Seriously. Only so much time can be given to this CD saga before realizing it isnt gonna happen. I think Rio is the perfect deadline. In fact, I'm going to kick it up a notch: I say another member quits before Rio is on the horizon.

well he was basically kicking and screaming like his life was ruined because of not being able to play that gig.. Could have easily played a new song or two with another player or just the guys he has now.. Matt kicked ass in rio 2, gilby came aboard and learned everything quickly.. SImple as there was nothing to offer, the album wasn't done, so this made the backing out look legit.. if you haven't been heard of since msg dec 5th 2002and now it's march 2003 and you have a gig in may 2003 are you going to turn down the one show to let people know all is good.?? Not like it was a tour it was one show.. He did a tour for nothing so why not a traditional festival gnr always played..
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2005, 09:06:44 AM »

july is too soon, i have the feeling august will be more of a rewarding month.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: