Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:23:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  With all the recent little news snippets and rumours!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: With all the recent little news snippets and rumours!  (Read 11211 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« on: September 19, 2005, 02:59:36 PM »

The last couple of weeks have bought us more little bits of news from Robin, Richard, Tommy and now Dizzy than we have had in bloody months, and along with that, about a month or two's worth of rumours from various sources. It just seems like something really is about to happen. What do people think on this?

One other thing it has also done is bring out of the woodwork the real negative pricks who for the life of me I cant understand why they waste their time on this site. I cant believe how many stupid posts I have read slating the band members ever since the recent positive events have occured! I just hope they will all feel pretty fucking stupid when this baby does at last drop, and they will have to eat their words and also would look pretty silly on sites like this which have used as a soundboard to vent anger against Axl and the new band members! I reckon I know know who will have the last laugh!

Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 03:15:35 PM »

We've been in this situation so many times its unreal. It's stupid to get your hopes up over these little things. Press Releases don't even get my hopes up anymore lol.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

We've been in this situation so many times its unreal. It's stupid to get your hopes up over these little things. Press Releases don't even get my hopes up anymore lol.

I couldn't agree more, in the gnr world it's pointless to get your hopes up.
Now I'm not being negative or anything I'm just being realistic Everything we've heard in the last couple of weeks...we've heard before.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 03:29:04 PM »

I reckon I know know who will have the last laugh!

Guns N' Roses and US, the positives !!!!! ok
Yay!
My fellow GN'R fans of the world,
Chinese Democracy starts anytime everywhere now!
Lets unite for Chinese Democracy against the negativity and take over!
DemocracyRose
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 03:29:32 PM »

Yeah... This time i actually think so... This is not just a rumor... We also got the Tommy update and Richards "cancelled" tour dates with Nena...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 03:35:46 PM »

The last couple of weeks have bought us more little bits of news from Robin, Richard, Tommy and now Dizzy than we have had in bloody months, and along with that, about a month or two's worth of rumours from various sources. It just seems like something really is about to happen. What do people think on this?

One other thing it has also done is bring out of the woodwork the real negative pricks who for the life of me I cant understand why they waste their time on this site. I cant believe how many stupid posts I have read slating the band members ever since the recent positive events have occured! I just hope they will all feel pretty fucking stupid when this baby does at last drop, and they will have to eat their words and also would look pretty silly on sites like this which have used as a soundboard to vent anger against Axl and the new band members! I reckon I know know who will have the last laugh!

Yes! I agree with your post!  ok
I really belive in this! i wont hold my breath, but!  i really belive that something is going to happen soon! Alot points that way...  peace
Cant wait til the ball starts rolling! it will be soooo damn great! I`ve got so much faith on this!!!  beer

btw. could you give me the source for the Robin news?

Lets start a positive rock n roll revolutiooon!  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 03:36:38 PM »

After the same stuff happens year-in year-out. it gets reallllllll tired. I can understand the negative people I really can, and i can understand the possitive people, i usually swing back and forth between sides. I do believe this thing (CD) will see the light of day but Rhythm-n-Booze is right. Don't get your hopes up too high or eventually you may become the "negative prick" you hate right now. ?GnR has already has had a tour under the name Chinese Democracy, and after 3 years said album is still unreleased, soooooo, i guess what I'm saying is.... statements from band members is not a sign of an album.

besides the most important guy behind all this, still hasn't said shit to the public in like 2 years

DemocracyRose
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 03:42:47 PM »

besides the most important guy behind all this, still hasn't said shit to the public in like 2 years
?

Maybe... But he told a fan... hihi
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 03:44:12 PM »

Haha, I have said on numerous occasions that I will make myself available for taunting IF this album is ever released.  I am sure others here will as well.  But in the meantime, we, the 'negative pricks' (I love labels!), are the ones doing all the laughing.  Time and time again as the 'positive people' are let down we sit back, laugh, and say 'I told you so' over and over again.  We have been told for 6 years now that we will eat our words and we will be made to look like fools.  Well so far, I don't think that we look like fools, but I know a certain group of people who do....

I am curious, when do the 'positive' people expect to hear some relevant news involving Chinese Democracy and/or a live show?  If you really feel it is close, I want a time frame as to when you are expecting something.  That way I know when I can laugh again.  ok
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 03:49:42 PM »

I agree. I believe chinese democracy starts right now!  peace

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 03:50:26 PM »

Try not to confuse negativity with being cautious. ?Yes there are alot of ngative people on this board, but also there a people, like me, who have been playing the waiting game since 94. ?Time and time again I, as others on this board, have heard rumors of soundtracks and release dates and I think Axl himself would not want us to get hyped-up over rumors. ?I'll conserve my excitement for a press-release.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 03:53:06 PM »

Haha, I have said on numerous occasions that I will make myself available for taunting IF this album is ever released.? I am sure others here will as well.? But in the meantime, we, the 'negative pricks' (I love labels!), are the ones doing all the laughing.? Time and time again as the 'positive people' are let down we sit back, laugh, and say 'I told you so' over and over again.? We have been told for 6 years now that we will eat our words and we will be made to look like fools.? Well so far, I don't think that we look like fools, but I know a certain group of people who do....

I am curious, when do the 'positive' people expect to hear some relevant news involving Chinese Democracy and/or a live show?? If you really feel it is close, I want a time frame as to when you are expecting something.? That way I know when I can laugh again.? ok

The last laugh is the best laugh! And i dont think that the positive people gets anymore "let down" then anyone else. Positivity is the strongest pole!
In fact! if your negative because you have been let down, by some stupid internet rumours in the past! then i think you have been taking the past rumours more to heart then any of the positive people! Things happens when it happens, no need to be negative!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 04:09:17 PM »

Haha, I have said on numerous occasions that I will make myself available for taunting IF this album is ever released.  I am sure others here will as well.  But in the meantime, we, the 'negative pricks' (I love labels!), are the ones doing all the laughing.  Time and time again as the 'positive people' are let down we sit back, laugh, and say 'I told you so' over and over again.  We have been told for 6 years now that we will eat our words and we will be made to look like fools.  Well so far, I don't think that we look like fools, but I know a certain group of people who do....

I am curious, when do the 'positive' people expect to hear some relevant news involving Chinese Democracy and/or a live show?  If you really feel it is close, I want a time frame as to when you are expecting something.  That way I know when I can laugh again.  ok

The last laugh is the best laugh! And i dont think that the positive people gets anymore "let down" then anyone else. Positivity is the strongest pole!
In fact! if your negative because you have been let down, by some stupid internet rumours in the past! then i think you have been taking the past rumours more to heart then any of the positive people! Things happens when it happens, no need to be negative!

Hmmm.... well I don't feel let down.  Like I said, I mostly laugh at all the hopefuls who get let down time and time again.  When a new rumor gets started I love seeing who believes it, because it is just too funny to see how dissapointed they get afterwards.  Or how they hide it with 'well, remember, Axl said 'soon' is not the word!'.  I simply do not fall for the boy who continues crying wolf like a few on here. 

So again, IF it is released, I will make myself available for the taunts that will inevitably be thrown at me.  But I am not sweating it.  I doubt anything will be happening anytime soon.

So what is the time frame 'positive people'?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »

Haha, I have said on numerous occasions that I will make myself available for taunting IF this album is ever released.? I am sure others here will as well.? But in the meantime, we, the 'negative pricks' (I love labels!), are the ones doing all the laughing.? Time and time again as the 'positive people' are let down we sit back, laugh, and say 'I told you so' over and over again.? We have been told for 6 years now that we will eat our words and we will be made to look like fools.? Well so far, I don't think that we look like fools, but I know a certain group of people who do....

I am curious, when do the 'positive' people expect to hear some relevant news involving Chinese Democracy and/or a live show?? If you really feel it is close, I want a time frame as to when you are expecting something.? That way I know when I can laugh again.? ok

Hmmm.... well I don't feel let down.? Like I said, I mostly laugh at all the hopefuls who get let down time and time again.? When a new rumor gets started I love seeing who believes it, because it is just too funny to see how dissapointed they get afterwards.? Or how they hide it with 'well, remember, Axl said 'soon' is not the word!'.? I simply do not fall for the boy who continues crying wolf like a few on here.?

So again, IF it is released, I will make myself available for the taunts that will inevitably be thrown at me.? But I am not sweating it.? I doubt anything will be happening anytime soon.

So what is the time frame 'positive people'?

five words "as long as it takes" rofl rofl

DemocracyRose
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 04:20:33 PM »

I am curious, when do the 'positive' people expect to hear some relevant news involving Chinese Democracy and/or a live show?? If you really feel it is close, I want a time frame as to when you are expecting something.? :

Around November...
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 04:24:03 PM »

I'm going to go with a realist approach, as opposed to an optimist or pessimist one on this front.

I say that late November / Early Dec you will hear concrete news.  You might even see a single before the end of 2K5 - that's alot less likely, though, in my opinion.

I justify my answer as that of a 'realist' by looking at all the current facts and speculation, and forming opinions based upon them.  I also take particular interest in Merck's lack of denial in regards to Axl being directly quoted.  That holds alot of weight for me, given that Merck seems pretty much unable (or unwilling) to lie.. which is refreshing, yet a positively damning character trait sometimes when subtrafuge is a necessity / a strong desire.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 04:33:35 PM »

I am curious, when do the 'positive' people expect to hear some relevant news involving Chinese Democracy and/or a live show?  If you really feel it is close, I want a time frame as to when you are expecting something.  :

Around November...

soon .. maybe even a hairs breadth away!  peace

WAR41
VIP

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 04:35:29 PM »

I'm going to go with a realist approach, as opposed to an optimist or pessimist one on this front.

I say that late November / Early Dec you will hear concrete news.  You might even see a single before the end of 2K5 - that's alot less likely, though, in my opinion.

I justify my answer as that of a 'realist' by looking at all the current facts and speculation, and forming opinions based upon them.  I also take particular interest in Merck's lack of denial in regards to Axl being directly quoted.  That holds alot of weight for me, given that Merck seems pretty much unable (or unwilling) to lie.. which is refreshing, yet a positively damning character trait sometimes when subtrafuge is a necessity / a strong desire.

-darknemus

Thanks darknemus.  That is actually very well thought out and it would make sense.  I was expecting random answers to be thrown out, but that had some good backing.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 04:41:36 PM »

If nothing else, you'll at least get a thought out answer from me.  I tend to avoid randomness, for the most part.

The thing about GNR, and all things associated, is you have to apply a certain 'filter' to be able to see even the beginnings of the truth there.  You can't take one person's comments (Like, lets say, Tommy, for instance) and just run with that as if its Gospel.  I mean, it is, maybe, but its the Gospel as HE sees it.  You kind of have to try to look at the responses and information from any / all involved parties and piece things together from there.

Like I said, in regards to Merck, unless something suddenly changed about his character that hasn't been visible for 3 years prior, he's not a lying kind of guy.  Evasive, yes.  Attempts to avoid subjects at times, yes.  But I've never seen him be caught in a lie.  I think his intentions are good and admirable, even as he's trying his best to bring a certain level of calm and joy to the red headed recluse.  It can't be a pretty balancing act, that's for sure.

Everything we've heard about Axl in the past is that one-on-one, he's usually a pretty open and nice guy.  So, assuming the fan who made that statement wasn't lying.  (And I don't think he was, again, given Merck's response to Madison) Then I think that yes, things are happening.

Now, that means that, as of THIS MOMENT, these things are true.  The other problem with GNR is that, well, plans change.. alot.  That's my biggest fear and I also think that the same fear is what keeps people 'in the know' so damn hesitant about anouncing anything concrete.  Karma and all that, you know.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 06:26:15 PM »

I am curious, when do the 'positive' people expect to hear some relevant news involving Chinese Democracy and/or a live show?  If you really feel it is close, I want a time frame as to when you are expecting something.  :

Around November...

soon .. maybe even a hairs breadth away!  peace

Any time now ~within a few weeks

If not, so what? smoking

I for one don't believe most of the bogus rumours but I'm confident in the band and myself and I haven't ever got seriously let down for that.
I ain't that vulnerable or timid.

Estranged 33 is not taking all "realistic" comments as negativism.
He's talking about the constant negativity of the whiners and the bashers against the band and the fans, which is unreal. It seems as if  they are simply trying to drag us down.

Laughing at GN'R fans for being disappointed? bless you, a poor soul.
think negative and waste your precious time.
Negative thinking stops you from doing everything you want to do in your life.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: