Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Re: Richard Branson dressing up as Axl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Richard Branson dressing up as Axl  (Read 16776 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 01:36:08 PM »

This has been a fucking nice thread to start cos even if it turns out to be something of nothing it has consisted of positive responses which is no nice to read! I dont post here as much as some of you regulars cos I dont have as much time on my hands I guess, but I just cant help but think that there is something very very big about to happen in the Gnr world. There are just too many rumours flying around and then this today with Mr Branson he doesnt often do things for no reason there is usually an angle of some sort! ?

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 01:38:16 PM »

HAHA! Well, gotta say i find all the happenings the last weeks kind of strange...? Why dressing like Axl?? Virgin?

Yeh yeh me too! I just find it all a little odd!!?

Yay, me tree!!!? it can't be just a coincidence.

why he/she was giving it the countdown as if this thread was gonna be locked.

Naaaaaha no way Magadas means anything of the sort. No worries, mate.

He is just counting on Saul to say? his "............starts now" and make us smile. Wink

Oh right sorry I miss read that one!! Cheers ppbebe!! Are you thinking positive thoughts on this one? I always value your opinion on things about guns

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2005, 01:38:41 PM »

"he did it for the craic"
Yeh thats what I thought Evolution I thought it was just for the crack not for the craic!

I really don't think Branson & Co. dressing up as Axl has anything to do with anything (CD-ish). ?I think he did it only because he knows that Axl is still most recognizable headline-grabbing 'character' in the world. ?AND THAT'S CRACKIN'!!!? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 01:46:11 PM »

What about this infamous Mysteron? Could he can shed any light on this? Whether it was just for the crack or that there could possibly be something to it?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 01:53:48 PM »

Oh right sorry I miss read that one!! Cheers ppbebe!! Are you thinking positive thoughts on this one? I always value your opinion on things about guns

Thanks. well while I think Gypsy is right, I can't see MR Virgin not counting on CD coming soon at all.

Beside, the vintage AXL look is definitely on.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 01:55:23 PM »

Yeah, thats what amuse me too! Why everyone dressed like Axl?  I cant get the Tommy quote on his latest update! We Need news now!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 01:56:49 PM »

Ya know what I mean.. This is it.. Chinese Democracy is for real and Virgin's got the inside scoop on it... My hands are shakkkken... Ok I gotta calm down... ok

haha, that may be a little far fetched in my opinion.  I can always ask an acquaintance of mine who works in Virgin corporate, but I have a feeling he may just look at me with a puzzled face. 
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 02:16:30 PM »

What about this infamous Mysteron? Could he can shed any light on this? Whether it was just for the crack or that there could possibly be something to it?

While I agree that this topic is interesting, I can't see bothering Mysteron about it. Cool

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 02:32:49 PM »

Maybe it's an internal joke between him and Axl  Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 02:59:05 PM »

Our high/false hopes start now!  ok

DemocracyRose
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 03:19:56 PM »

Im with you on this one estranged33...

And why doing this if its means nothing...?? peace
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 04:15:12 PM »

While I agree that this topic is interesting, I can't see bothering Mysteron about it. Cool

I just thought that maybe if this mysteron really has this inside knowledge on the band then he may be able to shed a little light on whether this was just a little bit of fun or if it might have some substance to it thats all. My main thinking behind this was: Have Virgin heard something from the bands record company and this was just Richard Bransons sneaky little way of dropping a hint of some sort? Because like I said in an earlier post it doesnt seem that Mr Branson does things for no reason. Why would he just think "oh I am going to promote the opening of another my stores why dont I dress up as Axl Rose along with 12 other people" Just my thoughts, because I like to be positive and I do believe that we will definetley get the announcement on the album release date this year! Cheers Mike

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 05:21:52 PM »

Or maybe he's using the rumor he hears so he figures if he acts like he knows something and dresses up like someone we've all been waiting for we'll come to the store and buy something since sales are down. Ya think? I don't buy it. I think it's the begining of something special, with fingers crossed once again. peace

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 05:30:35 PM »

This is very interesting. Strangest bit of news we've had this year. I would like to get my hopes on this, but look what month he decided to do this. Halloween is right around the corner. If it happened any other month, we could take it more seriously. But I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway. beer

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 05:42:13 PM »

I never thought about it that way,(Halloween) you think the kids will be dressing up like Axl. I sure would, oh no  nervous I better go check Target for the costume. hihi

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005, 05:43:32 PM »

This is very interesting. Strangest bit of news we've had this year. I would like to get my hopes on this, but look what month he decided to do this. Halloween is right around the corner. If it happened any other month, we could take it more seriously. But I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway. beer

Is this the same Jameslofton29?  Being positive? hihi rofl

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005, 07:00:50 PM »

I'm surprised nobody put up an authentic Axl pic next to Branson's.  That would be cool.  hihi

Even better, one of the model posers from the Vogue catwalk.   Grin

The idea this could be on Virgin's timetable for a release in their stores would kick major ass!!!   Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 07:49:11 PM »

Here is something else to ponder!
Wasnt Bronson the one who had a reality show on Fox a year or so ago? Wasnt there some controversary as if Live and Let Die was used in the promo??

I dont think there is any connection with Bronson and Axl I just think he is just like us and a GN'R fan.. Well maybe he isnt like some of us he is worth millions.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2005, 10:01:14 PM »

Why do you think Richard would pick the Axl get up,(costume) The more I think about it the more it makes sence. This has nothing to do with Halloween and I don't think promoting Axl wear is the idea  either. What he's saying is: here's my new store, visually fucking with us says Axl's long awaited CD will be sold here. He never said why he was dressed up like Axl. I wonder why!!!!!!!!!

Gazzathecoigne
Opening Act

Mad, mental, manic Scotsman!

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2005, 10:13:37 PM »

Regarding any relevance to Branson dress up, there is an expression we use in the UK

"he did it for the craic"

basically a bit of fun? Wink

Think you'll find that's a Southern Irish phrase, and has nothing to do with the United Kingdom (Scotland, England, Wales & Northern Ireland).

"Smoke em if you got em...........alright that sucked!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: