Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:27:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MLK Day Announcement Would Be Cool
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLK Day Announcement Would Be Cool  (Read 10074 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« on: January 15, 2006, 05:43:26 PM »

Perhaps on MLK Day tomorrow we will get an announcement about a release date for Chinese Democracy (ties in with the 'I Have A Dream' speech in Madagascar, plus those same words make sense when talking about democracy in China.? Then as is speculated that there is an "Ides of March" song, perhaps the album is released March 15 (or maybe Tues the 14th as would be customary with album release dates in the US.)?

Well, at least I have a dream anyway.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

yes axl being a proud wigger anything is possible.. ok
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 06:27:09 PM »

Lol Axl is a bit of a wigger.

I bet he would call MLK his 'brother' and talk about the 'struggle' lol
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 07:01:22 PM »

Whether it be tomorrow or not, any announcement within the next month or so would be cool.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 02:26:39 AM »

Dumb idea. Your reasoning opens up a limitless amount of release date possibilities. Maybe he should wait for the 50th anniversary of the Cool Hand Luke debut? How about waiting for the 30 year anniversary of Back to the Future or the death of Micheal J Fox? Or lets wait for the Days of Thunder sequel, or for The Vampire Lestat? Now that I think about it, Axl's waiting to release the AFD remake until Clint Eastwood does another Dirty Harry movie, just so the revamped Jungle gets a spot on the soundtrack. hihi

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 10:08:17 AM »

Dumb idea. Your reasoning opens up a limitless amount of release date possibilities. Maybe he should wait for the 50th anniversary of the Cool Hand Luke debut? How about waiting for the 30 year anniversary of Back to the Future or the death of Micheal J Fox? Or lets wait for the Days of Thunder sequel, or for The Vampire Lestat? Now that I think about it, Axl's waiting to release the AFD remake until Clint Eastwood does another Dirty Harry movie, just so the revamped Jungle gets a spot on the soundtrack. hihi

You crack me up!  really funny reply (i agree)  rofl
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 11:28:38 AM »

isn't the word "wigger" a racist word?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 02:26:05 PM »

that's just fucking dumb to say axl is a wigger.  he's just not an ignorant hick. 
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »

What is MLK Day? Huh

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 04:11:15 PM »

Exactly man! Like WOW , axl used a clip of MLK in an unreleased new GNR song , there has to be some connection no?!

If he made some announcment on MLK , just say he did , outside of a few thousand internet fans nobody else would even get the significance of it anyways , it's not like madagascar is a household number one hit the world over.

Not only that but the fact it's MLK would overshadow any announcement Axl made , or do you think this album is bigger then MLK? I dont.

I think he should announce it on xmas morning , on is front lawn with a big megaphone lent to him by scot weliand , and when he's done he should go back in his house and have another 15 year nap.  ok

2006 , this is the year.  smoking

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 04:53:28 PM »

What is MLK Day? Huh
is a US holiday called Martin Luther King Day,  honoring the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr and is observed on the third Monday of January each year, around MLK's birthday, January 15. Therefore this year it's the 16th Jan.
1+1+6=8 Aye, it would have been cool. Tongue
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 05:10:18 PM »

Ha!  I woke up this morning thinking the same thing about an announcement on MLK day. beer

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »

Ha!? I woke up this morning thinking the same thing about an announcement on MLK day. beer
Really?? Why? It wasnt gonna happen. He's gonna make the announcement on the steps of the Governor's mansion when Arnold wins reelection. When Arnold made that reference about "Girly Men", he wasn't talking about politicians, he was talking about you guys that are as excited about those Axl pics as a virgin on prom night.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 07:52:45 PM »

isn't the word "wigger" a racist word?

No, it's not. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 07:59:03 PM »

Ha!? I woke up this morning thinking the same thing about an announcement on MLK day. beer
Really?? Why? It wasnt gonna happen. He's gonna make the announcement on the steps of the Governor's mansion when Arnold wins reelection. When Arnold made that reference about "Girly Men", he wasn't talking about politicians, he was talking about you guys that are as excited about those Axl pics as a virgin on prom night.

Keep in mind, I only woke up and thought that.  I didn't actually believe in any way that there would be any announcement today.  It was just funny that I saw this thread. ok

gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 08:52:41 PM »

At this point anyday would be cool...  Shocking some people don't know who MLK is.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 11:09:07 PM »

Well I dont know if there is going to be an announcement or not, but a Marthin Luther King day  -- holiday -- is just impresive for me.  ok
godiva
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 07:09:04 AM »

an announcement on ANY day would be cool!
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 09:59:18 AM »

wigger is raccist.  it's a white n_gger. in the dictionary it does not mention race so to assume all n_iggers are black would be a raccist comment.  There is no need to say wigger.  not that i give a shit.  Just pointing out it is a raccist word... I've used it so I guess that makes me a raccist as well so dont think I am preaching anything.  Just being realistic and honest.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2006, 05:38:50 PM »

wigger is raccist.? it's a white n_gger. in the dictionary it does not mention race so to assume all n_iggers are black would be a raccist comment.? There is no need to say wigger.? not that i give a shit.? Just pointing out it is a raccist word... I've used it so I guess that makes me a raccist as well so dont think I am preaching anything.? Just being realistic and honest.

That's my point, nigger isn't just a black person.  So therefor, it's technically not racist to say it.  As for Wigger, how can that be racist when it's not even a word? 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2006, 05:48:07 PM »

because the W stands for white.  why change the word n_igger to specify a race?  you could just say axl is a bit of a n_gger and it would mean the same thing... but hey... he's not... and I dont care about any of this...  I could care less if everyone on here said they hate white people, black people or anything else.  its just an interesting word to me thats all.... dont mean to start anything.  peace!
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2006, 06:19:53 PM »

Axl also quotes Jesus of all people...in Madagascar. Shouldnt there be a release date rumor or announcement on Christmas?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006, 07:26:48 PM »

Axl also quotes Jesus of all people...in Madagascar. Shouldnt there be a release date rumor or announcement on Christmas?

he is actually waiting for the second coming,... ok
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2006, 11:55:34 PM »

I guess we might be waiting awhile then.   
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: