Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Exciting Times
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Exciting Times  (Read 11200 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 05:32:10 PM »

It would be exciting for me? if it were about? the original band.... No feelings listening to other guys playing Slash's solos, especially November rain's solo....

Original band is dead, could care less who plays the solos, although I prefer the guitarest make them their own by tweaking them like Buckethead did, I'd have no objection to all new material and no old stuff. I'm more excited about the new band then the old.. who knows if Slash would even be able to come up with as great as stuff as he used too at this point. I'm sure he hasn't been pushed to produce anything spectacular since him and Axl had a falling out. ?peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »

I am actually really excited....I can't wait to read reviews and hear bootlegs of the NY shows...

I wish i could go, but I'll wait till they come to Canada ok

Whatever happens, it'll be a wild ride beer

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 05:35:25 PM »

It would be exciting for me? if it were about? the original band.... No feelings listening to other guys playing Slash's solos, especially November rain's solo....

keep that negative shit outta this thread and leave it to us to be excited, thanx! ok

I bet money on it you weren't a GnR fan during 87-93 now they were exciting times.

Don't dismiss people from posting in this thread just because your a lil GnR lick ass fanboy? ok

what did i do to you? you're a fucking disgrace to the band by putting down other fans like that, and i've been a guns n' roses fan since 1990, do you want me to get some well known posters i talk to on msn to confirm that? hand me the money, punk.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »

I am just very keen to hear peoples thoughts here, because to me from next Friday is going to begin the most exciting time in Gun n Roses history for a very very long time! Personally I was blown away in the build up to the UYI releases but because the wait has been so long except for the little interlude in 02 I am so excited this time. What do you guys and gals think? Next Friday at the first gig in New York will start off a whole new chapter in the bands history and I think its just gonna go fucking nuts from there on in! I do believe that there will be some sort of announcement with regards to the album release date, during the New York gigs which will then just set the tone for the rest of the summers gigs knowing that there is the anticapation of an album to come! ITS FUCKING HAPPENING PEOPLE!! I am just counting down the days to the gig at Download when its pitch black and the band take the stage and the opening riffs of Jungle kick in (if thats what they open with)! Lets just be very happy to be Guns N Roses at this moment in time! Take it easy! Mike

Nothing to say
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 05:37:48 PM »

Original band is dead, could care less who plays the solos, although I prefer the guitarest make them their own by tweaking them like Buckethead did, I'd have no objection to all new material and no old stuff. I'm more excited about the new band then the old.. who knows if Slash would even be able to come up with as great as stuff as he used too at this point. I'm sure he hasn't been pushed to produce anything spectacular since him and Axl had a falling out. ?peace

Oh man, dont underrate "the man" (Slash) his solos in Contraband are great... and certainly he will still surprise us... just give him time... on the other hand, well for me only Slash can play old gnr stuff's solos... no offenses to replacements ?hihi
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 05:40:41 PM »

Oh man, dont underrate "the man" (Slash) his solos in Contraband are great... and certainly he will still surprise us... just give him time... on the other hand, well for me only Slash can play old gnr stuff's solos... no offenses to replacements ?hihi

Contraband was the most complacent sorry excuse for a rock n roll record I've ever heard. Nothing ground shattering about any of Slash's solos on any of those songs really in my opinion. It's obvious he's done his best work with Axl... and from the sounds of the demo's it's obvious that Axl doesn't need slash to still sound good/create good music in the studio. Slash is the best guitar player that ever was in gnr... but outside of gnr I haven't heard that much great stuff from him. I definitely don't under rate him!!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 05:43:21 PM »

well his done some great stuff like the solo on the song of Elan's street child.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 05:47:05 PM »

keep that negative shit outta this thread and leave it to us to be excited, thanx! ok

I bet money on it you weren't a GnR fan during 87-93 now they were exciting times.

Don't dismiss people from posting in this thread just because your a lil GnR lick ass fanboy? ok

GNR "lick ass" fanboy...uh huh....let me quote Axl here:

"this song is dedicated to
All the Guns n'fuckin' Roses fans
Who stuck with us through all the Fucking shit
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well"

....PSSTT...I think he's talking to you Origen Wink

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2006, 05:47:46 PM »

Hmm...well"

hahaha classic! rofl

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 05:50:49 PM »

It would be exciting for me  if it were about  the original band.... No feelings listening to other guys playing Slash's solos, especially November rain's solo....

Don't dismiss people from posting in this thread just because your a lil GnR lick ass fanboy  ok

I think he just meant that the thread is about whether you're excited or not. Not yet another reason to make a "BOY I WISH SLASH WERE HERE" post.

Regardless.........I'm excited as all fuck!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 05:51:34 PM »

I wish Slash were there...  hihi  hihi
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2006, 05:52:38 PM »

yeah origen, axl would kick your nuts for trying to ruin an excitement thread, he said he looked forward to seeing the fans who gave him such a good response! ok

Origen
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 05:53:27 PM »

Hmm...well"

Yeah Axl dedicated that to me ?Grin. I love GnR no matter what the lineup and yes I'm exicited, I just don't agree with everythink they do like some people here do, who think they can do no wrong. And the people who really need some sunlight and take all this shit to seriously ?hihi
Elrothiel
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2006, 05:53:49 PM »

Origen... Speed-Stone is telling the truth.

Now quit being such an asshole! Besides, who cares how long someone's been a fan!

Now IS an exciting time!! I'm not dismissing the old band nor the old times, neither is Speed-Stone!! All he was doing was saying "keep the negativity out". AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!

Quit attacking other members just because they actually LIKE the new band!! Who the fuck do you think you are!?

Right... I'm fucking outta here! I'm not going to stick around to keep telling y'all to kiss and make up. Its not my place. But I'm fucking sick of people just insulting each other randomly for no reason other than them having a fucking opinion!!

Aaaaaaaaargh!!!
Origen
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 05:56:06 PM »

^ You've got a cheak since you always attack other members and you've just attacked me (in your words).

Read my other post if I wasn't excited I wouldn't be here, but some peole here take GnR too seriously
ashlar
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2006, 05:57:22 PM »

i am insanely stoked. im going to the 12th show (of course!)
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2006, 05:57:32 PM »

Origen... Speed-Stone is telling the truth.

Now quit being such an asshole! Besides, who cares how long someone's been a fan!

Now IS an exciting time!! I'm not dismissing the old band nor the old times, neither is Speed-Stone!! All he was doing was saying "keep the negativity out". AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!

Quit attacking other members just because they actually LIKE the new band!! Who the fuck do you think you are!?

Right... I'm fucking outta here! I'm not going to stick around to keep telling y'all to kiss and make up. Its not my place. But I'm fucking sick of people just insulting each other randomly for no reason other than them having a fucking opinion!!

Aaaaaaaaargh!!!

aww thanx girl, you're the best! i'd insult him more too if only jarmo didn't have me on such a tight leash these days, the ammount of shit i have to take without insulting back is agrivating! thanx for sticking up for me, it's us axlholics vs. the brainless Kiss

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2006, 05:57:36 PM »

I wish Slash were there...  hihi  hihi

hahah....sorry.....but that was funny.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2006, 05:59:20 PM »

^ You've got a cheak since you always attack other members and you've just attacked me (in your words).

Read my other post if I wasn't excited I wouldn't be here, but some peole here take GnR too seriously

live, breathe and eat gnr. now call it a truce and get lost! ok

Elrothiel
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2006, 06:04:54 PM »

I always attack other members!!?? SINCE WHEN!!? WTF?!!
I think you must have me confused with someone else!! I never start on someone else unless I feel very strongly about it! Usually I'm perfectly nice! But I'm not one of those disloyal cunts who won't stand up for their friends! I didn't just "attack" you, I just told you off! Just because I cussed a bit doesn't make what I said to you an "attack".

And who cares if some people take Gn'R too seriously!!? How does it affect YOU? How does it change YOUR life that someone ELSE takes Gn'R seriously!?

Exactly... it DOESN'T. So just come down off your high horse!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: