Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:31:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The suspense is killing me
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The suspense is killing me  (Read 8975 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« on: October 02, 2006, 10:25:35 AM »

After tomorrow we're down to just 12 Tuesdays left in the year and we don't have a clue as to when we'll even get a announcement regarding the release date for CD.  My best guess is that the short time frame we'll have between the announcement and the release is to fight piracy, however it seems that this will be to the detriment of promotion.  My own speculation is that it will be released either Nov. 14 or 21 to capitalize on holiday sales.  That gives us 6 or 7 Tuesdays left if my guess is correct.  One would assume that they would want at least a month to promote this thing before it is released.  So would it be realistic to think that we'll get an announcement as to the release date in the next 2 to 3 weeks???  I sure hope so because the suspense is killing me.  Mysteron - hook a brotha up!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 10:28:49 AM »

After tomorrow we're down to just 12 Tuesdays left in the year and we don't have a clue as to when we'll even get a announcement regarding the release date for CD.? My best guess is that the short time frame we'll have between the announcement and the release is to fight piracy, however it seems that this will be to the detriment of promotion.? My own speculation is that it will be released either Nov. 14 or 21 to capitalize on holiday sales.? That gives us 6 or 7 Tuesdays left if my guess is correct.? One would assume that they would want at least a month to promote this thing before it is released.? So would it be realistic to think that we'll get an announcement as to the release date in the next 2 to 3 weeks?Huh I sure hope so because the suspense is killing me.? Mysteron - hook a brotha up!

I would think everyone even near the GNR camp is sworn to silence if they've been told anything at all. But I have to totally agree with you, I'm dyin' here!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 10:32:13 AM »

All I know is that if they don't get it out before the end of the year, all this "it will be out this year" bullshit was completely pathetic.

I don't care if its out on the last tuesday.... as long as its out this year.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 10:37:05 AM »

All I know is that if they don't get it out before the end of the year, all this "it will be out this year" bullshit was completely pathetic.

I don't care if its out on the last tuesday.... as long as its out this year.

Good thing it'll be out this year then, huh?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 10:47:33 AM »

I think the suspence is worse now than ever because we "actually" know its coming out this year, we just don't know when. With the whole 13 tuesdays or whatever, when you look at it that way, it makes the year seems shorter haha.

I can't wait to stick this masterpiece of an album in my girlfriend's face, she doesn't think the new gnr can do anything.
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 10:50:03 AM »

For some reason, I am feeling that the album will come out on the 14th of Nov.

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »

After tomorrow we're down to just 12 Tuesdays left in the year and we don't have a clue as to when we'll even get a announcement regarding the release date for CD.  My best guess is that the short time frame we'll have between the announcement and the release is to fight piracy, however it seems that this will be to the detriment of promotion.  My own speculation is that it will be released either Nov. 14 or 21 to capitalize on holiday sales.  That gives us 6 or 7 Tuesdays left if my guess is correct.  One would assume that they would want at least a month to promote this thing before it is released.  So would it be realistic to think that we'll get an announcement as to the release date in the next 2 to 3 weeks???  I sure hope so because the suspense is killing me.  Mysteron - hook a brotha up!

I would think everyone even near the GNR camp is sworn to silence if they've been told anything at all. But I have to totally agree with you, I'm dyin' here!

Yes, I agree with your timeframe 2-3 weeks max with a november release. Of course we don't know but this would make sense. Now that they have their own site they'll probably announce it there and at the same time hit the media outlets (MTV etc) with the release date really hard. The promotion will probably be in a scorch the earth type style, since they are obvisouly not opting to do a long promotion before it drops, quick and heavy would be my guess..... 2 -3 weeks is a long time when you're looking forward to something...it's killing me too ;-)

~sHiNe oN~
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 10:51:28 AM »

I think the suspence is worse now than ever because we "actually" know its coming out this year, we just don't know when. With the whole 13 tuesdays or whatever, when you look at it that way, it makes the year seems shorter haha.

I can't wait to stick this masterpiece of an album in my girlfriend's face, she doesn't think the new gnr can do anything.

I feel the exact same way. My wife finally came around and I've got a couple other believers I know, but for the most part I just want the new lineup to kick ass in sales so others I know will be convinced.

PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 10:54:57 AM »

I agree. I think the suspense was less when we were in those years of silence.   nervous
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 11:02:42 AM »

I agree. I think the suspense was less when we were in those years of silence.? ?nervous

As soon as Axl said "You'll see it....I don't know if 'soon' is the word.", it honestly made my life easier for a while. I thought "Well, at least I know it's not coming anytime soon so I don't have to kill myself waiting".

I'm also kinda glad that they've waiting this long the year to really solidify that it will be this year. I know Axl said "People will hear music this year" in January, but at least he didn't say "The album is definately being released by the end of the year" and then we had to wait this long. I'm glad it's only been definate for less then half that time. Not too long now........

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 11:09:16 AM »

My best guess is that the short time frame we'll have between the announcement and the release is to fight piracy, however it seems that this will be to the detriment of promotion. 

I think some part of the release date still depends on Axl (finishing a track, mastering decisions etc) and that's why we're just getting vague information. The record company would be hyping the hell out of a release date otherwise to stimulate ticket sales.....that's what I think. The plan must be to get it out this year, but I won't be totally surprised if it isn't out by January.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 11:50:29 AM »

Where did the 12 Tuesdays of the year come into play? What am I missing?

Thanks.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 11:56:09 AM »

After tomorrow we're down to just 12 Tuesdays left in the year and we don't have a clue as to when we'll even get a announcement regarding the release date for CD.? My best guess is that the short time frame we'll have between the announcement and the release is to fight piracy, however it seems that this will be to the detriment of promotion.? My own speculation is that it will be released either Nov. 14 or 21 to capitalize on holiday sales.? That gives us 6 or 7 Tuesdays left if my guess is correct.? One would assume that they would want at least a month to promote this thing before it is released.? So would it be realistic to think that we'll get an announcement as to the release date in the next 2 to 3 weeks?Huh I sure hope so because the suspense is killing me.? Mysteron - hook a brotha up!

After tomorrow, that's how many will be left.

Where did the 12 Tuesdays of the year come into play? What am I missing?

Thanks.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 11:57:41 AM »

Well why does that mean anything? That is my question.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 12:04:03 PM »

Because the announcement mentioned there were 13 tuesdays left... they're counting down.
I think we'll hear an announcement in the next 1-2 weeks, and then the week after that the first single will be played on radio and TV.  Then it'll probably go on sale three weeks after that, and the album follow the week after.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 12:05:46 PM »

Because the announcement mentioned there were 13 tuesdays left... they're counting down.
I think we'll hear an announcement in the next 1-2 weeks, and then the week after that the first single will be played on radio and TV.  Then it'll probably go on sale three weeks after that, and the album follow the week after.

Ahh.........what was the announcement?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 12:07:36 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=36342.0 This one?  Seriously, where have you been?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 12:08:32 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=36342.0 This one?  Seriously, where have you been?

Too much clutter on the board, I hardly bother.........until today. Grin

Edit: I actually read some of that but not all. Missed that comment.

Cool.

Sure seems like they like to tug at our strings though............. Grin
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 12:09:38 PM »

The suspense is killing me..

.i'm well over that stage now, i'll believe an album exists when it arrives? peace
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »

The suspense is killing me..

.i'm well over that stage now, i'll believe an album exists when it arrives  peace

I'm that way too. I'm stoked about going to concerts, and when the album drops that will be just fine.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: