Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:46:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Receiving Your Tix
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Receiving Your Tix  (Read 9543 times)
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« on: October 13, 2006, 01:12:10 PM »

I was just wondering something. For anyone who ordered their tickets through gunsnroses.com (tickets.com) , how long did it take before you received your tickets in the mail?

I really wish when i ordered mine, they would have had FedEx as a delivery option, instead of just Standard Mail. Tickets.com says they don't replace GA tickets if they're lost in the mail so they recommend using FedEx delivery. It would've been nice if they had made FedEx an option!!
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 01:16:15 PM »

I was just wondering something. For anyone who ordered their tickets through gunsnroses.com (tickets.com) , how long did it take before you received your tickets in the mail?

I really wish when i ordered mine, they would have had FedEx as a delivery option, instead of just Standard Mail. Tickets.com says they don't replace GA tickets if they're lost in the mail so they recommend using FedEx delivery. It would've been nice if they had made FedEx an option!!

I'm not a fan of the stanard mail thing either.  I wish emailed version was available....But oh well, I got kick ass tickets so I am not gonna cry....just check the mailbox with excitiement everyday. 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 01:38:29 PM »

Email to Ticket.com:

I was reading on a blog (then confirmed) that your company states if you choose to have your item mailed and the item is lost they will not be replaced. This was not disclosed at the time of purchase (when I chose the method). This seems to breach Implied Warranty of Merchantability. I attend 60 to 70 concerts a year and have never heard of this practice. Only one time in twenty years of attending shows have my tickets not arrived prior to day of show. The venue honored my receipt and replaced them.

Please let me know when you expect these tickets to be mailed or if they have already been mailed.

I look forward to hearing from you.

I'll let you know what I hear...
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 01:44:29 PM »

This is why I like Capital Tickets... It's based in Ottawa and does the tickets for the Corel Center so I got my tickets via regular mail in less than a week.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 02:00:32 PM »

I'm not a fan of the stanard mail thing either.? I wish emailed version was available....But oh well, I got kick ass tickets so I am not gonna cry....just check the mailbox with excitiement everyday.?

Yeah, I tried to pick (and pay for) a faster means but it wouldn't let me either. For some reason I tend to get my mail extremely fast so if I get mine any earlier then anyone else, I let you all know!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
forgotaboutsteve
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 02:03:04 PM »

the tickets.com website states that tickets are usually mailed within 2 weeks of purchase...today is exactly 2 weeks, so everyone that ordered the first day should be getting them any day now if all goes as stated.

edit:? just received this following response from tickets.com from my inquiry from a few days ago:

"Thank you for contacting Tickets.com.

Your tickets should be received within 48 hours of your event at the
latest. If you have not received your tickets please contact our
Tickets.com Customer Service Department at 800-352-0212.

Thank you for visiting Tickets.com.

Pablo
Consumer Support"

kinda sounds like a standard form answer to me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 02:19:12 PM by forgotaboutsteve » Logged
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 02:43:21 PM »

I hope to god they are received before 48 hours before the event. They wouldn't let me ship to any other address, so my tickets are getting shipped to my dads house an hour and a half away.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 02:45:49 PM »

the tickets.com website states that tickets are usually mailed within 2 weeks of purchase...today is exactly 2 weeks, so everyone that ordered the first day should be getting them any day now if all goes as stated.

edit:? just received this following response from tickets.com from my inquiry from a few days ago:

"Thank you for contacting Tickets.com.

Your tickets should be received within 48 hours of your event at the
latest. If you have not received your tickets please contact our
Tickets.com Customer Service Department at 800-352-0212.

Thank you for visiting Tickets.com.

Pablo
Consumer Support"

kinda sounds like a standard form answer to me.

Yeah, that 48 hr thing kinda scares me.  Thanks for the contact number so I know who to call and harrass.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 02:48:18 PM »

I hope to god they are received before 48 hours before the event. They wouldn't let me ship to any other address, so my tickets are getting shipped to my dads house an hour and a half away.

Not to mention if you are seeing them out of state it does not inspire confidence in making reservations in advance. I don't want to lose money on cancellations. Has anyone allready recieved their tickets from this source?
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 02:51:54 PM »

Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who's still waiting for their tickets to arrive.

Cheers,
W.R.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 02:57:57 PM »

Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who's still waiting for their tickets to arrive.

Cheers,
W.R.

I only ordered mine this last Wednesday so I'm not too worried yet. I'm going to call my credit card company next just to ensure the actual charge went through. I'll be happier when I'm sure of that.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
forgotaboutsteve
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 06:16:55 PM »

ticketmaster has the same 48 hr. thing in their info, as well, so it's nota policy exclusive to tickets.com.  i've never had to wait until that close to a show for tickets to actually arrive.
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 06:30:33 PM »

Ticketmaster Policy

"Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed Tickets
If you do not receive your tickets within 3 business days prior to an event, or you notice your tickets are missing or have been destroyed, call your local Ticketmaster Phone Center immediately. Tickets for reserved seating events that are lost during the delivery process from Ticketmaster to you, or that are missing or have been destroyed, may or may not be replaceable at the discretion of Ticketmaster. If your tickets are for general admission seating, or if your tickets were purchased using cash at a Retail Location, whether or not to issue to you replacement tickets will also be at the discretion of Ticketmaster. However, in almost all cases replacement tickets will not be issued for general admission seating or for tickets purchased using cash at a Retail Location. Be prepared with the confirmation number for your account, or the purchasing Credit Card. The operator will first verify whether the tickets are replaceable, and, if they are replaceable, then instruct you as to where and when to pick up your replacement tickets. This is normally done at the Box Office prior to the show, and the tickets are marked as "Replacement" so that they are easily identified as the valid tickets, however Ticketmaster may require you to follow a different procedure in order to obtain the replacement tickets. If replacement tickets are to be issued, then we may require that they only be picked up by the person whose name appears on the credit card used to purchase the tickets and that that person must present the credit card used to purchase the tickets, along with a confirmation number and valid photo identification. In some cases, a replacement fee may be charged. "

VS.

Ticket.com
U.S. Mail
"Tickets are mailed to your credit card billing address and are usually received within 2 weeks of the purchase date. All orders delivered by mail should arrive at least 48 hours prior to your event. Please note: General Admission tickets that are not received / lost in mail will not be replaced. For this reason, we recommend Premium Shipping for all General Admission ticket purchases."

What we are all saying is they did not tell us that up front and we could not choose another option for delivery. I would have chosen Ticketmaster had I known their policy in advance, even if I had to wait another day.

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 06:45:08 PM »

I received my tickets for the Cleveland show, yesterday. So it took a week through ticketmaster. I wouldnt worry to much if you have not got your tickets yet. I have gotten tickets for a show before that came just 3 days before the event. If your credit card has been billed than more than likly your tickets have been printed, then they will be on their way.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 06:59:40 PM »

I received my tickets for the Cleveland show, yesterday. So it took a week through ticketmaster. I wouldnt worry to much if you have not got your tickets yet. I have gotten tickets for a show before that came just 3 days before the event. If your credit card has been billed than more than likly your tickets have been printed, then they will be on their way.

Can't worry about every time the corporate state has an opportunity to do you or you'll be paralyzed.? Just be aware.

I think it will be fine.

Thanks....
roadapples
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 08:39:51 PM »

I purchased my tickets through HOB and they said 5 days...I waited and they finally came in yesterday. 
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 10:21:39 PM »

I wouldn't worry people, you'll get your tickets with plenty of time remaining before the show. I got an email a few days ago stating, "your tickets have been printed," from ticketmaster, so I expect them very soon. I'm going to the Cleveland show and as the quote above me says, some people already got their tickets in the mail.  I've never ordered tickets from tickets.com, so I'm not really sure how that will end up, but I don't think there is anything to worry about at all. Good luck to everyone though and be careful opening the envelopes, BECAUSE THEY WON'T BE MARKED WITH WHERE THEY ARE FROM!!! IT WILL LOOK LIKE JUNK MAIL!!!!!  I've ripped tickets in half before, so I don't want it to happen to anyone else.  AND YES IT SUCKED!!

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 10:26:06 PM »

I ordered my tix through Ticketmaster w/ standard mail, and it took a while.

I don't remember the exact time, but it was too long.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 11:33:14 PM »

I've ordered tickets through ticketmaster MANY times ( been to over 250 shows so far), so had i ordered through them i wouldn't be worried. This is the first time i've ordered through this Tickets.com place, so i was just wondering if they take longer than ticketmaster.

I still think it's crappy to say you won't refund GA tickets and recommend fedex shipping , and then DON'T EVEN OFFER FEDEX AS AN OPTION! I also think it's pretty shitty that they didn't post that disclaimer at the time of purchase. I doubt i'll ever order through them again.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 11:39:50 PM »

I did standard mail and got them. Its a waste to do it next day or what not, but they are not printed right away, so who cares, its a waste of money

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: