Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:04:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Receiving Your Tix
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Receiving Your Tix  (Read 9545 times)
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 01:07:01 AM »

When I called Tickets.com customer service line they basically said you should have your tickets within 48 hours of the event date.  They mentioned that it's the venue and or the promotor that decides on the mailing policy (I.E. offer Fed Ex or mail).  However in this case since MAIL was the only option...they said that if tickets were not received by event time to call them back and then pick the tickets up at will call.  IN fact, they haven't even printed my order yet still..if not others as it's not a major priority yet..so they're just probably sitting on the orders till a week before November 10th.

Totally rough..and a waiting game for me and these blasted GA tickets.

Who'd win 1991 Axl vs 2006 Axl ??
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 01:19:18 AM »

They print? your tix at the latest about 3 weeks before the show.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 07:24:37 AM »

Personally if you're going to the FL shows, I wouldn't start ordering them now, it'd be cutting it kind of close.

I'd go to your local Ticketmaster outlet.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 01:46:12 PM »

Personally if you're going to the FL shows, I wouldn't start ordering them now, it'd be cutting it kind of close.

I just find it funny that I haven't even read of someone actually going to a TM outlet and buying their tickets yet. It's crazy how the times have changed and almost all of us would rather just do it online. I have a Ticketmaster about 2 minutes away and it didn't even cross my mind one time to go there and get them.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 03:04:23 PM »

I just find it funny that I haven't even read of someone actually going to a TM outlet and buying their tickets yet. It's crazy how the times have changed and almost all of us would rather just do it online. I have a Ticketmaster about 2 minutes away and it didn't even cross my mind one time to go there and get them.

At the rate tickets sell these days - you could be fucked it you go to an outlet to buy your tickets.  It could sell out online before you even get to the front of the line at the Ticketmaster Outlet.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »

At the rate tickets sell these days - you could be fucked it you go to an outlet to buy your tickets.  It could sell out online before you even get to the front of the line at the Ticketmaster Outlet.

Yes this would be true if it was a few years ago. But nobody hardly ever lines up for tickets anymore, at least not by where I live. If I were to go buy GNR tickets the second they went on sale, I would be the only person in line.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 04:24:17 PM »

Well, one time i actually decided to go to the outlet to get it in the last year or so. I found out that it actually costed me a bit more to get them there , plus i had to drive.  So ultimately it usually makes more sense for me to buy them online.
now if i can Avoid ticketbastard in any way, i will.  i'd rather buy direct from the venue if possible.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
forgotaboutsteve
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 07:34:26 PM »

At the rate tickets sell these days - you could be fucked it you go to an outlet to buy your tickets.? It could sell out online before you even get to the front of the line at the Ticketmaster Outlet.

not really true anymore.  due to the fact that all the scalpers sit online with 10 computers and jam the system, i believe ticketmaster is holding tickets for sale only at the outlet.  for a show i went to recently tickets were not available at the ticketmaster website 4 minutes past 10am and everyone at their computers thought it was sold out.  i was in line at tower records for close to 14 minutes before getting to the front of the line and i ended up with really great seats.  i have actually decided that i am going to buy tix in person from now on after that experience(excpet for the fact that all towers are closing, so i need to find a new outlet.)
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »

Me either. I live to far away from my closest outlet. I ordered them over the phone, because I wanted specific seats.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: