Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Corporate Suite Dilemma
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Corporate Suite Dilemma  (Read 10496 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« on: October 26, 2006, 05:21:42 PM »

So here's my dilemma.  I work for a very large global corporation with HQ in NYC.  My company does an annual charitable online auction.  Today I noticed that 2 GN'R corporate suite tickets for MSG are up for bid.  Current bid price is $260 for the pair.  Alcohol and food will be included in the suite of course, however here's my dilemma.  If I win the auction I will be representing my company.  This means it would be a bad idea to get drunk.  It would probably not be a good idea to even sing along, "why don't you just, fuck off!".  As a matter of fact, I might feel consious about singign along at all depending who else is there.  Apparently there are 16 seats in the suite, and the other tickets go to employees and clients, however I'm not sure how the allocation is determined.  Now I already have seen GN'R twice this year at Hammerstein, which is why I didn't purchase tickets for this tour (my intentions were to wait til the next leg when the set list is more heavy towards CD material).  But when I saw this opportunity to have the luxury of a suite box including booze and food, I got excited. 

Think I should just go for it anyway or not worth it?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 05:23:16 PM »

So here's my dilemma.? I work for a very large global corporation with HQ in NYC.? My company does an annual charitable online auction.? Today I noticed that 2 GN'R corporate suite tickets for MSG are up for bid.? Current bid price is $260 for the pair.? Alcohol and food will be included in the suite of course, however here's my dilemma.? If I win the auction I will be representing my company.? This means it would be a bad idea to get drunk.? It would probably not be a good idea to even sing along, "why don't you just, fuck off!".? As a matter of fact, I might feel consious about singign along at all depending who else is there.? Apparently there are 16 seats in the suite, and the other tickets go to employees and clients, however I'm not sure how the allocation is determined.? Now I already have seen GN'R twice this year at Hammerstein, which is why I didn't purchase tickets for this tour (my intentions were to wait til the next leg when the set list is more heavy towards CD material).? But when I saw this opportunity to have the luxury of a suite box including booze and food, I got excited.?

Think I should just go for it anyway or not worth it?

go for it dude

maybe your boss will turn out to be a huge gn'r fan and youll get a promotion
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 05:26:52 PM »

lol yeh,

Go for it dude, see the greatest band in rock and roll with free food and eats :p lol

CJ
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »

How oftten does this opportunity present itself? Go for it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 05:28:48 PM »

go for it !!
maybe you will meet the band

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 05:30:46 PM »

Aren't the suites on the upper level though and enclosed in?

I guess I could see if this was a basketball game or something I just personally wouldn't want to spend a GNR concert with a bunch of people in suits sipping on champagne. ?

I would rather be partying with the fans paying $8.00 a beer and $5.00 for a stale pretzel! beer
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 05:31:56 PM »

People in Sales can surprise you, as can some clients... Put it this way, whatever industry you're in, the clients aren't going to go because they have to, they'll have somewhat of an interest in the performance. I could see a Knicks game, or Rangers or Yankees game. But for a GnR show, it's not going to be a couple 60 year olds in suits. ?There should be some fans in there, so go ahead & live it up.. free booze. ?ok
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 05:33:30 PM »

I guess I could see if this was a basketball game or something I just personally wouldn't want to spend a GNR concert with a bunch of people in suits sipping on champagne. ?

I would rather be partying with the fans paying $8.00 a beer and $5.00 for a stale pretzel! beer

The suites are in the middle, and yes they're enclosed but have windows which you can open all the way.  While I don't think anyone will be wearing suits (I hope not!), I know what you mean. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »

The suites are in the middle, and yes they're enclosed but have windows which you can open all the way.? While I don't think anyone will be wearing suits (I hope not!), I know what you mean.?

Well, if you weren't gonna go and this is your chance I don't see why not then.

And it IS charitable and I am all for that ok
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »

Yes absolutly go for it! My company has a luxury suite here at the ballpark and I know what you're saying in some ways it would be funner to be on the floor or in the seets but if it's all you can eat and drink that's a no brainer. ? ?beer

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 05:41:08 PM »

People in Sales can surprise you, as can some clients... Put it this way, whatever industry you're in, the clients aren't going to go because they have to, they'll have somewhat of an interest in the performance. I could see a Knicks game, or Rangers or Yankees game. But for a GnR show, it's not going to be a couple 60 year olds in suits. ?There should be some fans in there, so go ahead & live it up.. free booze. ?ok

Yeah, what he said!
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 05:56:44 PM »

As has been said already its unlikely that some old guy in a suit is gonna turn up to the concert unless he is a fan.  More likely they will give the tickets to a friend, fellow worker or family member who is into the band.  So dont worry, go there and enjoy yourself.  And have a drink for me.

IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »

At first my thought was that it should be worth it for you to get fired for that oppurtunity, make a complete fool of yourself getting drunk and singing along.

but the truth is, it'll be alot more fun in the GA Floor section, with all the real fans. in the suite you'll be with a bunch of people who will ruin the fun by going "oh Sweet Child Of Mine, I know that song"

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 06:25:09 PM »

I wouldn't do it.  for the reasons that it is too much money, and you are seperate from the rest of the crowd.

normal tickets: $100 AT MOST

Food: $15-20

Booze: $20

$140 if you got normal tix, plus you'd be part of the crowd.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 06:35:39 PM »

I wouldn't do it.? for the reasons that it is too much money, and you are seperate from the rest of the crowd.

normal tickets: $100 AT MOST

Food: $15-20

Booze: $20

$140 if you got normal tix, plus you'd be part of the crowd.

The price is for a pair so it's gonna be cheaper if he does it that way.  $20 for booze at a concert is like 2 pints.  Given that he'd have an open bar up there....

I wouldn't do it cause I  can't stand seeing a band in seated areas, but a booth might be different.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »

you'd be surprised by the music square looking people listen to when they're off the clock.   rofl

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 06:44:18 PM »

you'd be surprised by the music square looking people listen to when they're off the clock.? ?rofl

damn dude, use punctuation.  It took me like 5 tries to understand what you wrote.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 06:53:57 PM »

you'd be surprised by the music square looking people listen to when they're off the clock.   rofl

damn dude, use punctuation.  It took me like 5 tries to understand what you wrote.

Ok.
You'd be surprised by the music that square looking people listen to when they are off the clock. ( reader's digest version)

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 06:59:17 PM »

I would go. But its true that you are seperate from the crowd and everything. I would not want to be boxed in, but I would take what I can get.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 07:03:46 PM »

you'd be surprised by the music square looking people listen to when they're off the clock.? ?rofl

damn dude, use punctuation.? It took me like 5 tries to understand what you wrote.

Ok.
You'd be surprised by the music that square looking people listen to when they are off the clock. ( reader's digest version)

haha thanks.  The added "that" really helps.  ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: