Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:44:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the guy who claimed to here studio version back in sept 06 might be right
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the guy who claimed to here studio version back in sept 06 might be right  (Read 16470 times)
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 02:43:02 PM »

He also mentioned the rasp. I don't think any of us expected a studio version (regardless of whether it's a demo or not) to have such heavy rasp.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »

Well obviously he can't sing them both at the same time, but presumably most would have predicted Finck to be doing backing vocals in the studio as well or at the very least Axl in a low key. In addition Finck sings them very low key whereas Axl sings them very high-key (he could have sang them low key) so that is another obvious difference. I know Finck can't sing that high, but that doesn't Axl mean Axl would have sang them in a high key. You'd have to be very lucky to get that right by poor chance.

well, most would probably predict it, but anyone who'd think a little better would notice, that Finck(and others) do backing vocals on Better, TWAT and IRS live... and yet, on the demos, it's still only Axl. So if there's a pattern on those songs, it's logical Axl'd do be doing back vocals on the other songs as well, including madagascar.

and how come he didnt mention the violins?! That's a distinguishing feature, that stands out! And no "lucky guess" could predict those...

I also predict, that Blues backing vocals would also have Axl... singing in a high key...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
cpaxlvacy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »

Well obviously he can't sing them both at the same time, but presumably most would have predicted Finck to be doing backing vocals in the studio as well or at the very least Axl in a low key. In addition Finck sings them very low key whereas Axl sings them very high-key (he could have sang them low key) so that is another obvious difference. I know Finck can't sing that high, but that doesn't Axl mean Axl would have sang them in a high key. You'd have to be very lucky to get that right by poor chance.

well, most would probably predict it, but anyone who'd think a little better would notice, that Finck(and others) do backing vocals on Better, TWAT and IRS live... and yet, on the demos, it's still only Axl. So if there's a pattern on those songs, it's logical Axl'd do be doing back vocals on the other songs as well, including madagascar.

and how come he didnt mention the violins?! That's a distinguishing feature, that stands out! And no "lucky guess" could predict those...

I also predict, that Blues backing vocals would also have Axl... singing in a high key...

in the Better Demo Tommy does the vocals on the chorus..."You know i know better etc etc..."
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »

I think it's all Axl.
Axl has a broad range...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 03:57:08 PM »

Forgive me if I'm missing something here, but aren't those violins synths in all the live versions from 2006 on?

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 04:06:56 PM »

yeah, but here they are high volume.
during the tour, they were pretty discrete.

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 04:09:08 PM »

yeah, but here they are high volume.
during the tour, they were pretty discrete.

They seemed pretty loud to me when I was at the concerts, but maybe most bootlegs didn't pick them up very well.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2007, 04:35:57 PM »

Was that the guy who heard it blasting out of Interscope/Geffen Towers? I believed him. The phone clip he had of the Blues was proof in my book.
lastroots
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2007, 05:35:30 PM »

Things are weird. Even though it was confirmed to me and others (and I guess to Jarmo as well) that the recent leak is indeed the album version (mixed but not mastered) I still think that there are spots that make me believe it is a demo. The vocals and the guitar mix are not what I would expect of the usual Axl Rose perfectionism.

The whole thing is really puzzling me.

I'd hope for a comment from either darknemus or the guy from gnrsucks about the source of these recordings.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2007, 05:53:11 PM »

Things are weird. Even though it was confirmed to me and others (and I guess to Jarmo as well) that the recent leak is indeed the album version (mixed but not mastered) I still think that there are spots that make me believe it is a demo. The vocals and the guitar mix are not what I would expect of the usual Axl Rose perfectionism.

I'd hope for a comment from either darknemus or the guy from gnrsucks about the source of these recordings.

The recent leak is NOT the album version.  Where are you getting that from?  Both Jarmo and BBF said as much.

Ali
kingoffspring
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2007, 05:54:43 PM »

The recent leak is NOT the album version.  Where are you getting that from?  Both Jarmo and BBF said as much.

Ali

yea thats was my thinking to. but you say this is the final version or is some april fools crap.
lastroots
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »

Nope. Just passing along what I got.

What did Bumble say? Seems I missed that. But at least since Dizzys comment on Better I don't tend to believe anything anymore that comes from the band itself...
Megaguns
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2007, 06:10:49 PM »

look he also said that Chinese Democracy and the blues were on the same cd.. interesting

That makes sense, click properties on the track and its listed as track 3, I guess this means we will have more leaks soon....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2007, 06:23:51 PM »

God people, think a little...

Axl doing the backing vocals is kinda an obvious bet. I thought about that, why wouldn't the guy think too?

The rasp voice? Well, take a listen to the Boston 2002 promo. Is the exact same recording of the leak, and hey - there's rasp!

The guy also told he heard Better in the building and, as far as we know, the cd source of the leak has only 3 songs.

The first thing he would say about Madagascar is the different tempo he uses in the beginning. Since he "forgot" to mention that, I think is hard to believe... But one thing he said makes sense:

"I also noticed that The Blues and Madagascar end on the same exact note/sound effect. It's that backwards sounding effect that I think we've heard live."

I believe this sound would be the violins/orchestra effect in the very ending. The Blues finish this way too, with the same effect, but more noticeable live in 2002. And Madagascar, as far as I know, never had in live performances this effect as the last sound of the song..

But still, I don't believe in that guy.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2007, 06:48:29 PM »

me either. besides, whether he did or not, it's all the same.

Even though it was confirmed to me and others (and I guess to Jarmo as well) that the recent leak is indeed the album version (mixed but not mastered)

confirmed to you and others By who? Huh

I tend to think the band knows about their things more than darknemus or the guy from gnrsucks  does.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2007, 07:07:17 PM »

in the Better Demo Tommy does the vocals on the chorus..."You know i know better etc etc..."

No he doesnt. Theres absolutely no evidence for that and anyone who thinks thats out of axls range needs to think again.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »

The recent leak is NOT the album version.? Where are you getting that from?? Both Jarmo and BBF said as much.

Ali

Which song are you guys talkin about...?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 07:20:47 PM by AL1978 » Logged

I would'nt do that if I were you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2007, 07:21:27 PM »

is that dude talking about the leak from the other day? because to be honest i pray that that aint the final versioin.? nervous

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=36220.0 he was talking about a bunch of songs that he heard back in sept.. that he thought were studio versions.? at the time it sounded like complete bs.. but after i reread his description of the maddy he heard.. i believe that he really did hear studio version.. weather or not they were demos or final mixes.. i have no idea.. my guess is that the demos that are circulating are the same that he heard.. if that is true then maybe leaks of the blues and cd will be next.? i'm just making a guess. based on the info that we all have..

i know i remember seeing that posted i believed him but not totally. and after that post didn't jarmo or some one say he was full of shit? i dont remember. And cds intro already leaked i thought it was good Cheesy and the Blues, if it leaks, i hope doesn't have Axl singing like he has a damn frog in his throat. Those songs are to good for them to be sang like that, clean and crisp is what it should sound like imo.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2007, 07:25:22 PM »

God people, think a little...

Axl doing the backing vocals is kinda an obvious bet. I thought about that, why wouldn't the guy think too?

The rasp voice? Well, take a listen to the Boston 2002 promo. Is the exact same recording of the leak, and hey - there's rasp!

The guy also told he heard Better in the building and, as far as we know, the cd source of the leak has only 3 songs.

The first thing he would say about Madagascar is the different tempo he uses in the beginning. Since he "forgot" to mention that, I think is hard to believe... But one thing he said makes sense:

"I also noticed that The Blues and Madagascar end on the same exact note/sound effect. It's that backwards sounding effect that I think we've heard live."

I believe this sound would be the violins/orchestra effect in the very ending. The Blues finish this way too, with the same effect, but more noticeable live in 2002. And Madagascar, as far as I know, never had in live performances this effect as the last sound of the song..

But still, I don't believe in that guy.

it's had finding people who think these days...
they'd believe anything.

Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2007, 09:22:40 PM »

So are we allowed to talk about what we're not allowed to talk about? i posted about it in a thread yesterday and the thread was deleted. lol, this is like nazi germany! Only half serious.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: