Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rare songs GNR have played live?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rare songs GNR have played live?  (Read 26979 times)
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: May 30, 2007, 09:30:26 PM »

Kinda bored  so figured i'd start a topic.. what are some rare songs that GNR have played?.. by rare i don't mean hard to find.. because its pretty easy to find Coma.. but i would say that it was rare that it was played live.. here are the ones that i could remember from the 01-06  tour.. i'd like to know more about the older tours too.. like coma, cornchucker ect...

Rhiad
slikworms
Oh my god
Down on the farm
back in the ussr
sway
sailing
you gotta move
liquor and whores
there was a time
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 10:32:33 PM »

Kinda bored? so figured i'd start a topic.. what are some rare songs that GNR have played?.. by rare i don't mean hard to find.. because its pretty easy to find Coma.. but i would say that it was rare that it was played live.. here are the ones that i could remember from the 01-06? tour.. i'd like to know more about the older tours too.. like coma, cornchucker ect...

Rhiad
slikworms
Oh my god
Down on the farm
back in the ussr
sway
sailing
you gotta move
liquor and whores
there was a time
I believe "Breakdown" was only played twice.  "Don't Cry, Alt. lyrics" only a couple times too I believe.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl Rose's Guns
Opening Act

W. A. R. is good for everyone

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:34:20 PM »

The garden of eden.

Gotta One Way Ticket To Your Suicide
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:37:10 PM »

Hair of the Dog
The One
Godfather Theme
Goodnight Tonight
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:41:45 PM by Vicious Wishes » Logged

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 10:38:11 PM »

Bad Apples was played at Rock in Rio 2, I think.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 10:44:30 PM »

Someone should create a website that tabulates how many times every GNR song was played at concerts, and list them of course.  Song by song.  Somebody get on that.  We've had enough of a 14 year layoff that this could've been accomplished.  Anyone?  Am I the only one interested in exactly how many times the band (all lineups) have played Jungle vs. Paradise City, etc.?

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 10:51:30 PM »

Someone should create a website that tabulates how many times every GNR song was played at concerts, and list them of course.  Song by song.  Somebody get on that.  We've had enough of a 14 year layoff that this could've been accomplished.  Anyone?  Am I the only one interested in exactly how many times the band (all lineups) have played Jungle vs. Paradise City, etc.?

www.gnrontour.com

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:57:15 PM »

How many times have they played the stones "dead Flowers"?
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 11:03:14 PM »

It Tastes Good
Light My Fire
Dust In the Wind

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 11:15:48 PM »

it would prob be pretty easy to do.. i just started coping and pasting the 86 set lists from gnrontour.com.. then do text to columns to separate each song.. once you do that for each show.. it will be easy to tally them up.. i have no clue how to make a website.. but i could at least post that.. if anyone feels like starting with 06 and working backwards pm me.  shouldn't take too long.. but after sitting at work all day.. i don't really feel like sitting in front of a computer for another hour or 2..
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 11:16:54 PM »

Someone should create a website that tabulates how many times every GNR song was played at concerts, and list them of course.? Song by song.? Somebody get on that.? We've had enough of a 14 year layoff that this could've been accomplished.? Anyone?? Am I the only one interested in exactly how many times the band (all lineups) have played Jungle vs. Paradise City, etc.?

www.gnrontour.com
Yeah but that doesn't tabulate exact # of times each song was played. ?If I want to search the site and count myself I might finish in 14 more years.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 11:19:27 PM »

Someone should create a website that tabulates how many times every GNR song was played at concerts, and list them of course.? Song by song.? Somebody get on that.? We've had enough of a 14 year layoff that this could've been accomplished.? Anyone?? Am I the only one interested in exactly how many times the band (all lineups) have played Jungle vs. Paradise City, etc.?

it would prob be pretty easy to do.. i just started coping and pasting the 86 set lists from gnrontour.com.. then do text to columns to separate each song.. once you do that for each show.. it will be easy to tally them up.. i have no clue how to make a website.. but i could at least post that.. if anyone feels like starting with 06 and working backwards pm me.? shouldn't take too long.. but after sitting at work all day.. i don't really feel like sitting in front of a computer for another hour or 2..
That would be good stuff.  I would help you out, but it's about bedtime for me.  I would thoroughly enjoy the statistics though.  Maybe break it down, do it over the next couple days just before the 2007 World tour begins.  Then add on my brotha!

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 12:19:49 AM »

this might take a little longer than i though.. there are 358 shows on that site with set lists.. i've done about 40.. i have a three hour train ride this weekend.. prob shelve the project till then. 
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 02:01:19 AM »

Kinda bored  so figured i'd start a topic.. what are some rare songs that GNR have played?.. by rare i don't mean hard to find.. because its pretty easy to find Coma.. but i would say that it was rare that it was played live.. here are the ones that i could remember from the 01-06  tour.. i'd like to know more about the older tours too.. like coma, cornchucker ect...

Rhiad
slikworms
Oh my god
Down on the farm
back in the ussr
sway
sailing
you gotta move
liquor and whores
there was a time
I believe "Breakdown" was only played twice.  "Don't Cry, Alt. lyrics" only a couple times too I believe.

If I'm not wrong, twice: one at the MSG in december 1991, and the other in Worcester, MA (same month/year)

How many times have they played the stones "dead Flowers"?

Several times back in 1993, when GNR used to do an acoustic set, including Dead Flowers, You Aint The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience [w/Imagine] and Knockin' On Heaven's Door [w/Ziggy Stardust]

The acoustic set in Buenos Aires 07/16 is simply brilliant  love
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:02:54 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 03:13:03 AM »

Don't damn me was also only played once...
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 03:28:27 AM »

Don't damn me has never been played live as far as I know
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 03:35:17 AM »

You're right my mistake
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 03:43:29 AM »

I think Heartbreak Hotel and Jumpin' Jack Flash were played a lot in their formulative days, but we only have a very few bootlegs of them playing it.  I think it's five for JJF, and three for HH, from gnrontour.  I'm sure they played it more, at concerts that weren't booted of course. 

What about Ain't Goin Down, that was played once, in 1988. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 04:25:11 AM »

U2's One and Nazareth's Fallen Angel were both used as intros to SCOM only once. A version of Grand Funk Railroad's We're An American Band was played once. Then there was Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town and Marseilles.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 06:25:44 AM »

You're right my mistake

anyone know why this might be?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: