Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rare songs GNR have played live?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rare songs GNR have played live?  (Read 26977 times)
14years
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »

does South Park theme count from Birmingham NEC from last year? I remember Axl doing his 'cartman' impression.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »

does South Park theme count from Birmingham NEC from last year? I remember Axl doing his 'cartman' impression.

And singing "Come Sail Away"....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2007, 04:45:58 PM »

Don't damn me has never been played live as far as I know

thats a sin
Romanofff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »

What about this, taken from www.gnrontour.com:

12.06.89 - Mates Rehearsal, North Hollywood, CA
set: Don't Damn Me [#1], Don't Damn Me [#2], Garden Of Eden, Locomotive, Dust N' Bones
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: Use Your Illusion rehearsals. Duff partially sings 'Dust N' Bones.'

well, what are we talking about here? this was a closed, practice session in the studio. this was not performed live in concert. btw- this is an awesome bootleg.....

so it's with vocals?

i have one "don't damn me" live, i got this on the old kazaa a long time ago.. if anyone want to take this and make sure that this is real or not add me: matt_tb@hotmail.com
Romanofff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2007, 05:39:33 PM »

might be from this closed session
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »

set: Don't Damn Me [#1], Don't Damn Me [#2], Garden Of Eden, Locomotive, Dust N' Bones

well, what are we talking about here? this was a closed, practice session in the studio. this was not performed live in concert. btw- this is an awesome bootleg.....

so it's with vocals?

i have one "don't damn me" live, i got this on the old kazaa a long time ago.. if anyone want to take this and make sure that this is real or not add me: matt_tb@hotmail.com
I heard a demo version of "Don't Damn Me".  I got that from Kazaa years ago I believe.  It was labeled as live, but it wasn't.  It was a demo.  Not sure if that's the same thing you got.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
john b!
Opening Act

Please live and let die!

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2007, 08:45:59 PM »

thats a sin

So why do they never play it live? Is it too hard to sing live or what?

"If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane..."
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2007, 09:04:28 PM »

Kinda bored? so figured i'd start a topic.. what are some rare songs that GNR have played?.. by rare i don't mean hard to find.. because its pretty easy to find Coma.. but i would say that it was rare that it was played live.. here are the ones that i could remember from the 01-06? tour.. i'd like to know more about the older tours too.. like coma, cornchucker ect...

Rhiad
slikworms
Oh my god
Down on the farm
back in the ussr
sway
sailing
you gotta move
liquor and whores
there was a time

Liquior and Whores?? What is that? A song...or just a Quick Jam ? When was it played... and does anyone have it to post?

Thanks!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 09:28:31 PM »

Axl also sang the hungarian folk song ''Tavaszi Sz?l Vizet Araszt'' at Nepstadion, in Budapest, the 22nd of may 1992.

Do any of you know the name (if it has one) of the piano introduction to November Rain that Axl played in some concerts in 1993?

I am talking specifically about the piano intro he did in, for example, Hartford, CT '93

That is one of the most beautiful pieces of music GNR has ever done. But I dont know what's it, who wrote it, and the title...

Dust In The Wind - Todd Rundgren

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/todd+rundgren/dust+in+the+wind_20138253.html

No dude, I'm not talking about Dust In The Wind, another beautiful song by Todd Rundgreen.

I am talking about a completely instrumental song, played entirely in piano by Axl before November Rain

This is the audio of it:
http://download.yousendit.com/82F8E19D0D336610

Anyone know the name of this song, if it has one?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »

Kinda bored? so figured i'd start a topic.. what are some rare songs that GNR have played?.. by rare i don't mean hard to find.. because its pretty easy to find Coma.. but i would say that it was rare that it was played live.. here are the ones that i could remember from the 01-06? tour.. i'd like to know more about the older tours too.. like coma, cornchucker ect...

Rhiad
slikworms
Oh my god
Down on the farm
back in the ussr
sway
sailing
you gotta move
liquor and whores
there was a time

Liquior and Whores?? What is that? A song...or just a Quick Jam ? When was it played... and does anyone have it to post?

Thanks!

Trailer park boys song. try and find any show from canada 06

!go Jets go!
Romanofff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2007, 12:54:27 AM »

so it's with vocals?

I heard a demo version of "Don't Damn Me".? I got that from Kazaa years ago I believe.? It was labeled as live, but it wasn't.? It was a demo.? Not sure if that's the same thing you got.

well, must be the same so, at the end he screams different things, kind of "rock n' roll everybody now..", yours got that too?
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2007, 02:04:22 AM »

When did they play Sway?  And does anyone have an mp3 of this?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2007, 02:16:14 PM »

@gnrkid03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rymPbB9HoDY

I am talking about a completely instrumental song, played entirely in piano by Axl before November Rain

This is the audio of it:

November Rain. Tongue
Or a variation on the piano bits of the song.
makes me think?the guitar solo was originally written on piano by axl? I wonder.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2007, 02:28:55 PM »

thats a sin

Don't know exactly. I think it's something about not needing to sing it live, it's there on the album. Kinda like Get In The Ring.

When did they play Sway?? And does anyone have an mp3 of this?

July 29, 2006 in London along with Sailing and Back In The USSR (redone as Back In The Fucking UK). Not sure if that last one's been mentioned here yet.

Here's an mp3 of it:
http://download.yousendit.com/CD56173842D00F84

I believe that Dizzy played part of the Stones' 'Angie' once (possibly more) at an '06 show.

Cool piece of music. Not sure what it is, but there's little bits of it that make me think of The Blues.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »

"Everything Tonight"

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2007, 02:43:46 PM »

@gnrkid03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rymPbB9HoDY

This is the audio of it:

November Rain. Tongue
Or a variation on the piano bits of the song.
makes me think?the guitar solo was originally written on piano by axl? I wonder.

you're not being serious, right? If Im not wrong, the link I provided has a piano solo, that has absolutly nothing to do with November Rain... its just a piano intro, like Dust In The Wind or Its Alright... or do you think that Black Sabbath's ''Its Alright'' is a ''variation on the piano bits of the song''?  Huh

Cool piece of music. Not sure what it is, but there's little bits of it that make me think of The Blues.

Agreed. Dont know what is is, but I love it.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2007, 02:55:52 PM »

It is estebanf. listen to the piano on the song.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2007, 07:38:06 PM »

thats a sin

I got this info awhile back from a website that lists GNR songs, the meanings behind them, band members comments about them, etc.

"Don't Damn Me" was never played live by Guns N' Roses. The reason was that Axl thought it was enough to have the song on the album, and his reasons were somewhat similar as to why he doesn't want to sing "One In A Million".

Written by: "Don't Damn Me" was written by Axl, Dave Lank and Slash. The lyrics were written by Axl, while the music was written by Slash. Dave Lank's contribution is unknown.
Written in: "Don't Damn Me" was written in or before 1989.

Written about: "Don't Damn Me" was an answer to those who disagreed with Axl.

The website I got this from has since changed web addresses.  I was able to track it down a few months ago, but since have forgotten it.  Anyone know what it is now?  GNRsource.com or something to that effect?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2007, 07:47:47 PM »

thats a sin

I got this info awhile back from a website that lists GNR songs, the meanings behind them, band members comments about them, etc.

"Don't Damn Me" was never played live by Guns N' Roses. The reason was that Axl thought it was enough to have the song on the album, and his reasons were somewhat similar as to why he doesn't want to sing "One In A Million".

Written by: "Don't Damn Me" was written by Axl, Dave Lank and Slash. The lyrics were written by Axl, while the music was written by Slash. Dave Lank's contribution is unknown.
Written in: "Don't Damn Me" was written in or before 1989.

Written about: "Don't Damn Me" was an answer to those who disagreed with Axl.

The website I got this from has since changed web addresses.? I was able to track it down a few months ago, but since have forgotten it.? Anyone know what it is now?? GNRsource.com or something to that effect?
I got it, it is www.gnrsource.com.  For some reason it didn't work for me the first time.  Good site though, with tons of info.  Check it out.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: