Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  B sides
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: B sides  (Read 3961 times)
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: December 13, 2008, 01:15:37 PM »

obviously i would like more studio tracks.. but we don't really know what other tracks are out there.. i was thinking more about what live songs people would like to get as B sides.  my top choice would be the blues and oh my god from the house of blues... that version was much different than the studio version.. and i think its an awsome take on the song.  i really like the rock in  rio version but it has "ok never mind" in it.. that kinda would exclude it from being released.. As for oh my god.. i think the live versions are much better than the studio..   properly recorded and mastered versions of these tunes would be a real treat..   
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »

I'd love to have different studio versions as b-sides. Like the May version of Catcher. If he'd agree to actually play the whole solo as we got it post-pro tools...

Also a version of SoD with the earlier version intro.  ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 02:16:31 PM »

obviously i would like more studio tracks.. but we don't really know what other tracks are out there.. i was thinking more about what live songs people would like to get as B sides.  my top choice would be the blues and oh my god from the house of blues... that version was much different than the studio version.. and i think its an awsome take on the song.  i really like the rock in  rio version but it has "ok never mind" in it.. that kinda would exclude it from being released.. As for oh my god.. i think the live versions are much better than the studio..   properly recorded and mastered versions of these tunes would be a real treat..   
Great suggestion with Oh My God live, that song has a superb intensity that comes "Alive" live haha, despite the "mistakes" I love the Rio Version, obviously as a B-Side you'd put out a more, cleaned up version but that would be my first choice, b-side wise, of the tracks obviously available now.  So many different ways to work these things, I know Metallica with some of their singles/eps off St. Anger had 5-6 live tracks per EP and depending of the country of release they varied which live versions were on there, so for the big collectors there was a hell of a lot to pick up.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 03:06:37 PM »

Brian Mays contribution would be cool, barring that, would love to hear a collection of rants done to the music of Sorry  peace

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 03:19:18 PM »

Im fine with just the album itself and no B-sides.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 03:42:22 PM »

GNR were never big on b-sides anyway : it was always a wallet shaped gun picture disc with a track from the album on the bisde. I never bought the singles then, but if it had anything I'd never heard before - a demo, a live track - I always got it. It'd be nice to get b-sides... but I'm happy with the album!

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »

Instead of B-Sides...I really want a Box Set of un-released songs and versions of Chinese Democracy. Like the demo of "Catcher" that just fades out ala "Hey Jude" in a way. I always loved that version of the song.
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 10:20:53 AM »

Beggars can't be choosers, but I'd gladly buy a B-sides/alternate version album. I'd like to hear this remixed Oh My God...
Nightrain 87
Headliner

One More Time Tonight!

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 09:48:59 AM »

If there were Alt lyrics of something  ala Don't Cry  then sure I'd like to hear some of those.   Otherwise I'd be fine with some live stuff.

Ready to Crash and Burn
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 10:37:10 PM »

A soundboard quality of Don't Cry live from the Japan shows (this may already be out there - if so I apologize).  Soundboard of TWAT from the Hammerstein show in 06.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: