Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:08:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe  (Read 81208 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 08:35:25 PM »

Unlike you, I'm not that selfish to wish somebody to take part in something they're not interested taking part in.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 08:36:17 PM »

Unlike you, I'm not that selfish to wish somebody to take part in something they're not interested taking part in.

/jarmo

But how do you KNOW this? I have never heard Axl say I'm not interested in doing the steven adler thing? You are assuming....
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2007, 08:58:54 PM »

I just can?t help myself thinking this place could be a bit better you know?

Why don't you go and create something better yourself, then?

Humm... no comments. Roll Eyes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

/jarmo

But how do you KNOW this? I have never heard Axl say I'm not interested in doing the steven adler thing? You are assuming....

I believe the term used to describe it, is called "common sense".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2007, 09:31:34 PM »

/jarmo

I believe the term used to describe it, is called "common sense".

/jarmo

You are still assuming , don't put words in peoples mouth. Axl never said anything of not wanting to play with those guys again and you can't vouch for it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2007, 09:35:06 PM »

yes he did.   go back and read his press release from 2002.   get off your reunion crap and get with 2007 or fuck off.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2007, 09:44:10 PM »

/jarmo

If Axl wanted to play with those guys, he would be playing with them right now. All those guys could sell their souls to satan for a reunion. They need Axl. But Axl CLEARLY doesnt need them. Axl has his band, Guns N' Roses, united and rocking.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2007, 09:45:50 PM »

yes he did.   go back and read his press release from 2002.   get off your reunion crap and get with 2007 or fuck off.

From what year again? 2002 oh yes its 2007 year have you heard of changing your feelings? I'm not saying anything about the reunion you dumbass I'm saying you can't vouch for any body on what they want to do. So how about you fuck off.

EDIT: Again you can't vouch for Axl , you make it seem like Slash and Co would do anything for a reunion , they are doing fine in a band called Velvet Revolver. Apperantly Axl needs them to make a cd , because I havent seen one released!
CSS
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2007, 09:53:27 PM »

Humm... no comments. Roll Eyes

Fine.

But maybe you should think twice before saying something like that again.

I definitely agree that we could move on from the "fighting", but saying that this board could be "better" is pretty stupid.

Why? Because you're a guest. And you didn't create this website eleven years ago. Neither did I.

But it pisses me off either way - Nothing personal, it just does.

From what year again?

Axl talked about a reunion on the Eddie Trunk show and he clearly denied it.

That wasn't your question, though - but I can promise you that it'll never, ever happen.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:56:38 PM by CSS » Logged
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2007, 10:29:54 PM »

I don?t know why CD has not being released yet. But I am absolutely sure that Axl doesn?t need his old partners to do CD.  I respect if Axl doesn?t want to be part of certain parties to celebrate the 20th anniversary or AFD. I can?t understand why people don?t think of Axl like a human being. He makes a wonderful album (AFD) with some people but he can?t be condemned to stay with those people forever.  Besides, for the story I know, GNR was mainly the idea of Axl and Izzy. Nobody can?t deny that current lineup is GNR just as in 1992 GNR was the band of the illusion tour despite of the departure of Steven and Izzy. In my case I began being a GNR fan in 1987 principally because of Axl. I think that in every era Axl has been the one who makes GNR something so special, without denying the contribution of the others members. Today I continue thinking that Axl makes special the GNR of 2006 and 2007; however I like very much Robin, Tommy, Fortus, Bumblefoot and specially Dizzy. Back in 1987 I like very much Izzy, because of that it was very emotional for me to see Axl and Izzy playing together last year. On the other hand I think that Steven has the right of celebrating like he wants and I hope everything will be OK for him. But, GNR had been and always will be Axl Band.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2007, 10:44:43 PM »

I don?t know why CD has not being released yet. But I am absolutely sure that Axl doesn?t need his old partners to do CD.  I respect if Axl doesn?t want to be part of certain parties to celebrate the 20th anniversary or AFD. I can?t understand why people don?t think of Axl like a human being. He makes a wonderful album (AFD) with some people but he can?t be condemned to stay with those people forever.  Besides, for the story I know, GNR was mainly the idea of Axl and Izzy. Nobody can?t deny that current lineup is GNR just as in 1992 GNR was the band of the illusion tour despite of the departure of Steven and Izzy. In my case I began being a GNR fan in 1987 principally because of Axl. I think that in every era Axl has been the one who makes GNR something so special, without denying the contribution of the others members. Today I continue thinking that Axl makes special the GNR of 2006 and 2007; however I like very much Robin, Tommy, Fortus, Bumblefoot and specially Dizzy. Back in 1987 I like very much Izzy, because of that it was very emotional for me to see Axl and Izzy playing together last year. On the other hand I think that Steven has the right of celebrating like he wants and I hope everything will be OK for him. But, GNR had been and always will be Axl Band.

I'd like for Axl to at least to say something about the AFD anniversary , he made it happen and deserves a share of credit.  Axl made GNR special but come on NO other guitarist on the LA strip at 83 or 84 could come up with those solos and riffs , everyone back in the day was important to GNR. Now , I think its more of Axl's idea of the band. If it is gonna be "Axl" band it should be called Axl Rose or something a long those lines because I think its wrong and disrespectful to not only the old lineup but the new line up as well , they pour just as much effort as Axl does.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 11:15:36 PM »

blah blah blah blah ..it should be called Axl Rose or something a long those lines because I think its wrong and disrespectful to not only the old lineup but the new line up as well , they pour just as much effort as Axl does.

boo hoo.   its called Guns N' Roses and nothing you say is going to change that.   peace   get over it, 11 years later already.
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2007, 11:21:43 PM »

It is true that every person in GNR has made an important contribution and I don?t want to be disrespectful to anyone has been in GNR. But I don?t think that Slash?s solos and riffs have been the most important thing in GNR. I think that the lyrics of the GNR songs are awesome. GNR combined the rough part of life with some phrase of hope or love. In almost every song of GNR there are certain feelings that are difficult to find in others rock songs. For me Axl is a magical songwriter, he expresses his feeling in a very honest way in different kinds of songs (songs very different like November Rain or One in a Million or Breakdown or Sweet Child O Mine). I always think that Izzy is an excellent songwriter too. I can?t deny Slash?s contributions but I really think that without Slash, Guns N' Roses continue being Guns N' Roses. 
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2007, 11:32:20 PM »

It is true that every person in GNR has made an important contribution and I don?t want to be disrespectful to anyone has been in GNR. But I don?t think that Slash?s solos and riffs have been the most important thing in GNR. I think that the lyrics of the GNR songs are awesome. GNR combined the rough part of life with some phrase of hope or love. In almost every song of GNR there are certain feelings that are difficult to find in others rock songs. For me Axl is a magical songwriter, he expresses his feeling in a very honest way in different kinds of songs (songs very different like November Rain or One in a Million or Breakdown or Sweet Child O Mine). I always think that Izzy is an excellent songwriter too. I can?t deny Slash?s contributions but I really think that without Slash, Guns N' Roses continue being Guns N' Roses

I agree with you in everything you have said. But I know this is subjective.

The text in bold is a fact. There's no place for discussion. Guns N' Roses was born without Slash and its currently still alive (and rocking intensely) without him.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2007, 12:41:53 AM »

blah blah blah blah ..it should be called Axl Rose or something a long those lines because I think its wrong and disrespectful to not only the old lineup but the new line up as well , they pour just as much effort as Axl does.

boo hoo.   its called Guns N' Roses and nothing you say is going to change that.   peace   get over it, 11 years later already.

You miss the point because you decide to not even read my post and say blah blah blah , I said AXL ROSE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO WORKS HARD IN THAT BAND , IF THAT WAS THE CASE IT BE CALLED AXL ROSE OR SOMETHING A LONG THOSE LINES. Get it now? ALSO sure GNR was born without slash , but who made the classic guitar lines. If you honestly think that w.o slash songs like paradise city , scom , or even NR would be as great you are OUT of your mind. Its funny because that quote is an opinion , no where near a fact we could argue all day on if slash made gnr something more.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2007, 02:15:28 AM »

boo hoo.? ?its called Guns N' Roses and nothing you say is going to change that.? ?peace? ?get over it, 11 years later already.

ALSO sure GNR was born without slash , but who made the classic guitar lines. If you honestly think that w.o slash songs like paradise city , scom , or even NR would be as great you are OUT of your mind.

Um, you do know that Axl has a reputation for putting in effort at a 200% level.........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2007, 02:57:00 AM »

ALSO sure GNR was born without slash , but who made the classic guitar lines. If you honestly think that w.o slash songs like paradise city , scom , or even NR would be as great you are OUT of your mind.

Um, you do know that Axl has a reputation for putting in effort at a 200% level.........

And bumblefoot , robin etc don't put in that kinda effort?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2007, 02:59:25 AM »

absolutely.  Robin and Ron both are amazing and they certainly put their all into this band when they are on that stage.. and we know Robin has played a big role in writing some kickass songs.  Ron has added some nice touches to songs like Chinese Democracy.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2007, 03:06:27 AM »

boo hoo.? ?its called Guns N' Roses and nothing you say is going to change that.? ?peace? ?get over it, 11 years later already.

I was referring to the comment - but who made the classic guitar lines? ^

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2007, 03:10:20 AM »

I was referring to the comment - but who made the classic guitar lines? ^

?? What did you mean by that then? I'm pretty sure Axl puts in a lot of effort and always has , but slash  duff izzy and even steven did as well? Slash made the guitar lines , and without them there is no way in HELL the songs would be nearly as good as they are.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: