Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:48:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe  (Read 81192 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2007, 03:19:32 AM »

the impact would have been different no doubt, for better or worse.  all we can do is speculate.  no one is denying the ex-members contributions to AFD.   I dont know why you are going on about this.    We've acknowledged the ex-members so... what else is ther to do but move on?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2007, 03:22:09 AM »

the impact would have been different no doubt, for better or worse.  all we can do is speculate.  no one is denying the ex-members contributions to AFD.   I dont know why you are going on about this.    We've acknowledged the ex-members so... what else is ther to do but move on?

Someone said GNR will always be Axl Band , and I don't think that's right. It's not really about the old guys its about the new lineup , it's wrong to call it Axl's Band when you have that many members pouring all they got into this project.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2007, 03:25:50 AM »

the impact would have been different no doubt, for better or worse.? all we can do is speculate.? no one is denying the ex-members contributions to AFD.? ?I dont know why you are going on about this.? ? We've acknowledged the ex-members so... what else is ther to do but move on?

Someone said GNR will always be Axl Band , and I don't think that's right. It's not really about the old guys its about the new lineup , it's wrong to call it Axl's Band when you have that many members pouring all they got into this project.

True, but when the reviews and critiques come out much of it will be aimed at Axl.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2007, 04:34:46 AM »

True, but when the reviews and critiques come out much of it will be aimed at Axl.

agreed but it still doesn't make it axl's band its Guns N Roses.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2007, 04:45:58 AM »

I was referring to the comment - but who made the classic guitar lines? ^

You're really trying to suggest that Axl came up with the guitar licks?  Roll Eyes
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2007, 05:01:30 AM »

maybe on piano.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2007, 05:13:39 AM »

maybe on piano.

Dude are you serious? You are implying that Axl Rose came up with guitar licks on piano??  nervous rofl rofl rofl
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2007, 05:20:54 AM »

maybe on piano.

Dude are you serious? You are implying that Axl Rose came up with guitar licks on piano??? nervous rofl rofl rofl

Yes, it aint so far fetched. It's how the Beatles wrote alot of their stuff. Paul would go to John: "Hey John, do you think you could play something like this on guitar?" **Paul plays melody on piano**

John: "Oh I don't know lad. You mean something like this".......

(do with Liverpudlian accent for full impact)

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2007, 05:24:56 AM »

maybe on piano.

Dude are you serious? You are implying that Axl Rose came up with guitar licks on piano??  nervous rofl rofl rofl

Yes, it aint so far fetched. It's how the Beatles wrote alot of their stuff. Paul would go to John: "Hey John, do you think you could play something like this on guitar?" **Paul plays melody on piano**

I will end the conversation right now , this is uncalled for if you seriously think axl rose came up with guitar licks for scom , pc , wttj , rocket queen , nightrain and most gnr song you have seriously lost it.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2007, 05:33:24 AM »

Should be a great concert, even without Axl!!! Let's hope the other guys can make it and to all those attending: have a great time!!!

This Guns N' Roses reunion is something I've waited a whole long time for. The chemistry in the band used to be bigger then anything in the world. Maybe Axl will join in for the 25th anniversary.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2007, 05:55:11 AM »

Someone said GNR will always be Axl Band , and I don't think that's right.

in fact who is the common point of all the line ups in Guns ?

Axl.

after that, you can argue the best team he had was the appetite one.
some others think it's the UYI band, with sorum & dizzy.
time will tell for the chinese democracy band.

but for what i've seen live, there's a good chance i'll prefer that one...

guns n'roses is a moving entity, but the miracle is with different members the music is always great.
so i suppose we all must thanks Axl Rose for the most part of it.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2007, 08:16:26 AM »

Humm... no comments. Roll Eyes

Fine.

But maybe you should think twice before saying something like that again.

I definitely agree that we could move on from the "fighting", but saying that this board could be "better" is pretty stupid.

Why? Because you're a guest. And you didn't create this website eleven years ago. Neither did I.

But it pisses me off either way - Nothing personal, it just does.

From what year again?

Axl talked about a reunion on the Eddie Trunk show and he clearly denied it.

That wasn't your question, though - but I can promise you that it'll never, ever happen.

oh so what pisses you off is the word "better"? ok... so about some improvement? whats wrong about that? whats wrong about people who use this forum and like it make suggestions to turn this into a better place (oh, sorry used it again). I don?t think that?s stupid... what I think is stupid is that nowadays every thread is turning into this. and why? cos people can?t respect others opinions anymore. I said it once and I?ll repeat, if I didn?t like this place I wouldn?t be here anymore, I just believe everything can turn a bit better, even us, human beings... so I think that "oh go to another board or build one" is kinda lame cos thats not my point... at all.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2007, 08:53:17 AM »

maybe on piano.

Dude are you serious? You are implying that Axl Rose came up with guitar licks on piano??? nervous rofl rofl rofl

I will end the conversation right now , this is uncalled for if you seriously think axl rose came up with guitar licks for scom , pc , wttj , rocket queen , nightrain and most gnr song you have seriously lost it.

Deffinatly agree with this.
I'm sorry, but the 'piano theory' is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on here. You are pretty much giving Axl 100% credit for Appitite, and Slash and co. nothing.
It's a joke, and a disgrace.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2007, 09:23:57 AM »

maybe on piano.

I'm sorry, but the 'piano theory' is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on here. You are pretty much giving Axl 100% credit for Appitite, and Slash and co. nothing.

I give Slash credit for playing them as only he could. And the other musicians for doing their thang!

Believe me, when you liken something to Lennon and McCartney it really is a complement.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2007, 09:30:45 AM »

I give Slash credit for playing them as only he could. And the other musicians for doing their thang!

Believe me, when you liken something to Lennon and McCartney it really is a complement.

No, it's a compliment to Axl. It's an insult to Slash and the band.

I'm following in RageNirvanaNIN's footsteps and am just going to end this conversation, it has gotten way too much of a joke, it's just mind-boggling.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2007, 12:31:14 PM »

maybe on piano.

Going by how they made Estranged in the making of vid, Slash wrote all the guitar parts and any interview I have ever seen Axl talks about lyrics more then anything that was his contribution to the band.

When Sweet Child O MIne was created, Slash was messing around with that lick and Steven told him to keep going and started playing, that is what started that song.   Come now Axl may have been the singer and the focus and its a musical genius for sure but saying that he basically wrote all the music in GNR is really, really, really unbelievable.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
CSS
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2007, 01:38:20 PM »

Fucking. Hell.

What are you fighting about, again?

Slash wrote some.

Duff wrote some.

Steven wrote some.

Izzy wrote some.

Axl wrote some.

There it is!
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2007, 02:40:44 PM »

maybe on piano.

If thats what you really believe, that Axl played all of Slash's solos and riffs from Appetite to him on the piano initially and everything else the band played was just what Axl played to them on piano then you have one of the most delusional interpertations of the band and you are so misguided that it is sad.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2007, 03:17:52 PM »

maybe on piano.

g

Haha, yeah I can imagine Axl playing Welcome To The Jungle from start to finish on his piano and telling Slash to play it. rofl Have you got a source for any of this crap, coz this is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

It seems on Appetite, the band worked together a lot more - Izzy or sometimes Duff would come up with a riff, Slash would turn it up to 11, make it rock, and Axl would write the melodies and lyrics while Slash would play the solos. Izzy and Duff also wrote a lot of lyrics and vocal melodies.  Slash also wrote some of the riffs, but most were Izzy's, although Slash did write some of the more famous ones (WTTJ, SCOM). They would have arranged the songs together too. Axl's vocal performance is possibly the most amazing thing about the album, but I don't think I've ever heard of him writing any of the music, certainly not on piano. rofl

The Illusions were a lot more individual - Axl's songs, with music and lyrics, although the band would turn it up to 11 again - dead horse and estranged are good examples. Axl had a basic chord progression but then the rest of the band came up with the heavier part based on that progression. There was Izzy's songs, with lyrics and music written, and Slash's songs with Axl writing the lyrics over the top. There are also a few older Axl/Stradlin compositions from before Appetite.

Axl, Izzy and Slash were the key to these albums together, I can't imagine how any of them would sound without one of those individuals.

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »

So when the hell does this show start? I'm waiting to see how wrong Adler is. rofl

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: