Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  31/05/12 - The O2, London - including broadcast info
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 31/05/12 - The O2, London - including broadcast info  (Read 150111 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2012, 04:06:51 AM »

Why was the end of NR restarted?

I was sat in line with the stage, and as far as I can tell Axl wanted Ron to look at the camera man in front of him on the floor.

Which sort of screams he wanted to do over for a perfect take they could clip together. DVD of the night makes sense to me.

Brilliant night- congratulations Axl and the guys!

Can see that they might also film tonight, for continuity reasons if a DVD is in the pipeline.  Two chances at the same venue, after all the cameras are there, so whats another night of filming compared to setting up from scratch, would need to wear the same clothes for the same songs though.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2012, 05:44:16 AM »

Not sure if I get VOD. Hopefully a DVD will be available.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2012, 05:56:37 AM »

They have every right to boo. Doesn't make them morons.

no they dont and yes it does

Yes they do. I personally have no issue with GNR being late. Not a problem for me. I actually like it. But I'm not living in a dream world unlike some people here. Guess what? Some people have jobs. Some people have kids. Some people have lives! And if a band is late, you have every right in the world to show your displeasure. Nothing wrong with it at all. How does it make them morons? The band is late...they are unhappy...they are showing it. What's the problem and how does it make them morons? I personally wouldn't boo. But, I can completely understand why someoen would want to. Now if they start throwing things that's a different story. But, booing isn't going to hurt anyone and it's a perfectly acceptable way to show your displeasure in a situation such as this.

how can the band be late on stage when theres no start time stated anywhere on the ticket, venue or elsewhere....

all booing does is make upset

In this particular situation there are no start times listed for GNR on the website but, for the majority of the other shows on this tour there has been...and GNR was late for all of them. But, the point is GNR starts their shows when most bands end theirs and on top of that they play very long shows. Like I said, I don't have an issue with it. But I can certainly understand why some people would. Especially on a weeknight.

if fans are bored of waiting then why not chant for "Guns N' Roses" instead of Booing!
its more polite for a start and it helps kick off the show rather than spoiling the atmosphere before the band have even hit the stage.... yeah i know people have to work and they have lives to live but they know the score or at least they should do by now!!.... its a fuckin' rock n roll show not JLS or fuckin' Take That  rofl

i know you dont have the issue but why defend them when they BOO your favourite band   peace

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »

Always a pleasant surprise to see Izzy as quest, everyone definitely looked in their element during this song!
Top musicianship IMHO ok

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2012, 06:04:11 AM »

EstebanF.. I Cry By You... I, No words

drool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
suicide
VIP

« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2012, 06:06:14 AM »

Can see that they might also film tonight, for continuity reasons if a DVD is in the pipeline.  Two chances at the same venue, after all the cameras are there, so whats another night of filming compared to setting up from scratch, would need to wear the same clothes for the same songs though.

I hope they keep the show the way it was without adding material from tonight. I also hope they don't change Novermber Rain since it was stopped (and continued). Keep it a live show, not a compilation!

And fuck yeah, what an amazing show it was!!!  ok
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2012, 06:26:07 AM »

Totaly amazing show , forgot to leave my camera off standby after thin Lizzy so it ran out b4gnr sorry guys!
DJ ashba jumped I front of my block 101 during night train could not belive it!
My throat hurts from singing word for word all night , didn't get to hotel till 4am due to bus driver being a dick but i don't care. They won the crowd over once they started.
Sorry for anyone in my block witnessing my terrible singing n dancing but i don't care either rofl
Omg im still full of adrenaline fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Smiley Smiley

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2012, 06:34:19 AM »

I hope they keep the show the way it was without adding material from tonight. I also hope they don't change Novermber Rain since it was stopped (and continued). Keep it a live show, not a compilation!

Why was NR stopped?

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
georgie_beans
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2012, 06:39:07 AM »

Sounds like an awesome night! Time has stopped, sitting in work reading this waiting to leave so that I can travel to London to see them tonight. So excited, hope Izzy makes an appearance again. Last time in London I attended the first night and Duff joined them on the second so really don't want to miss Izzy too. But whatever happens, no matter what time the show starts, it will be amazing as it always is with GnR live   Smiley
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2012, 06:50:09 AM »

Never said changing the sound, in continuity work if the sound is fine they'll keep it, but it would be about getting the odd clip of something that was "better" than what is already in the can.  Call it fine tuning if you like, but I understand that a few words were forgotten during 14 years, well tonight this could be put right.  BTW, there isn't anything wrong with seeing it in the raw state, imo it might just be the time to have a bit of artistic licence on a release. No evidence this is gonna happen, just that it would make sense to do so if a release of a live show is the plan.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #250 on: June 01, 2012, 06:51:10 AM »

Thanks G n' R for another amazing night.... you've done it again! beer

Still trying to get my ahead around what I witnessed last night/this morning. So if I may, just a few observations:

- Thin Lizzy's set was off the hook - over one hour long, with all the best bits from the 'Live and Dangerous' album plus 'Black Rose'.  Cool Crowd were really into it, which is a nice change from the usual apathy that greets support acts.

The new singer and bassist (can't remember their names) do justice to Phil's parts. The twin guitar harmonies are still jaw dropping. Thanks to Scott and Brian for keeping Lizzy alive! It also hit me during 'Don't Believe A Word' that 4tus may be the coolest cat I've ever laid eyes on. I also spied our very own Mother Goose Pitman enjoying the show from the side of the stage.

- Axl - The man was in good spirits and fine voice all night. Nailed every note and did some awesome ad libbed bits in 'Sorry' and 'Knockin'. Though I do have to say that his vocals seemed a bit low in the mix for much of the show. And I could see that he was chuffed to bits with the crowd reaction at times a bashful - yes a bashful - little smile broke out on his face when he was up on the monitors, feeling our love. He clearly still loves what he does, and I hope he goes on doing it until he drops!

- Everything that everyone has said about this band getting tighter is true. Bumble, DJ and 4tus do really own their parts  now, and are working the crowd just as hard as Axl does. Loved 4tus's new country pickin style solo and Bumbles 'Glad to be Here' (much better than 'Bond' and 'Panther'). General Stinson wielded his bass like a true gunner, and Lieutenants Pitman and Reed ably traversed the terrain of the songs. And Franks beats are propelling the others into new valleys of groove on songs like RQ and Shacklers, which is the way a good band should roll.

- When Izzy got up there, it was as if he'd never been away. I could sense that there's still a lot of love between him and Axl even after they've been through. and there was lots of chemistry between him and DJ, Bumble and 4tus. Couldn't really hear what he was playing, but his vox on 14 years and YCBM were as endearingly ragged as ever.

No disrespect to anyone (ANYONE) who has been in the band since, but when Axl and Izzy got up on that stage together, we saw the true heart of Guns N Roses beating. The Hall of Fame can stick their phony accolade up their arse!

- Where I was, (stage centre, about 3 rows from the front), the crowd were absolutely nuts all night. The pit was slamming right until the last note of PC. Try telling them that this wasn't the 'real' Guns N' Roses. This is my fifth time seeing Guns in London, and it every time the crowd seems to have much more of a mix of male and female, young, middle aged and old, and (to a lesser extent), white black and asian. The legend will live on, fuck the haters!

On a separate but related note, my old dad had his first G n' R concert experience last night (he was safely at the back, in the seats!) He thought it was an amazing show.

- On the booing - yeah I know it's frustrating for the fans to have to wait, and for the real fans to have to put up with the oafs. But the booing and the waiting seems to be part of the show now, so I didn't let it bother me. Most of it porabably came from those who were there to get pissed  rather than to enjoy what's happening on stage. Besides, everyone forgot the time it took to wait when Chinese Democracy kicked off!

- Thanks to the o2 (and I presume, the G n' R camp) for chartering extra late trains to get us back to Central London. When Axl said before PC 'We need to get you out of here so you can get the last train home - I'm trying to do the right thing here - I'm just give give give!' I thought he was joking. (Trains stop around 00,30 in London - this was 01.30). But no, he was right again.

Right now, I'm just so grateful to have been in the right place at the right time to share this historic show with everyone. And yes. I was down front for the o2 show in 2010 where Duff pitched up.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:22:20 AM by Is he struggling? » Logged

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2012, 07:25:16 AM »

Izzys in town perhaps dust odd Sust n' bones or some Bad OBsession. Is it ne or does the stage resemble the Bat Mobile
_shaggy_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2012, 08:50:23 AM »

Why was NR stopped?

I think some guy threw something or other.....

I thought it was pretty cool when DJ jumped the railings and took photos/put his guitar on that guy in the wheelchair - that was pretty awesome  ok

I did manage to get a look at one of the setlists that the steward near me had - he was being a dick but I did manage to see OMG, Riff Raff and Whole Lotta Rosie - although the songs weren't in any kind of running order (and obviously they weren't played).

I really liked what they did with DC and KOHD  peace
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »

Izzys in town perhaps dust odd Sust n' bones or some Bad OBsession. Is it ne or does the stage resemble the Bat Mobile

If they did Bad Obsession I'd probably faint right here at my computer. I just can't even imagine the badassness (is that a word?) of that... drool

Ayla

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2012, 09:14:06 AM »

cool. it looks like they are going to throw oh my god around! I like those suprise numbers

songs that they can play, but rarely at the same gig

there was a time
riff raff
used to love her
youre crazy
14 years  hihi
civil war is not a regular since they skipped it a few times
oh my god
sharklers revenge
irs (why not)
my michelle
out ta get me
patience is not a regular one
scraped

its alot of stuff you never know when its gonna come. but its gonna.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
_shaggy_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »

I think, although I'm not 100% sure, that Think About You *may* have been on the sheet I saw too, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter seeing as they didn't play it..

I was gonna ask the steward if I could have the sheets when we were leaving but he'd been a little Hitler all night so I didn't think he would give it up...
Silex
Headliner

« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »

Here's November Rain video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asydD0EdhI0

Not sure what happends there but damn Axl, what a bad timing that was, just when Ron was gonna rock the house Cheesy
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »

14 yrs [4:37]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtvn3WKsjU

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2012, 10:37:39 AM »

I'm glad everyone had a blast last night, wish I was there. Again have fun at tonights show guys, can't believe Izzy made an appearence again... Cool
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2012, 11:04:33 AM »

That was an amazing show. It's a shame it had to end, I didn't see a single person leaving early and as someone else mentioned the booing seems to be part of the show now, you get a lot of pent up frustration and as soon as the houselights drop it's getting released.

I hope this VOD thing gets released soon, can't wait to relive the show.

Also have to say the security staff at the o2 were excellent, quick and efficient dealing with issues, and handing out water constantly to keep people up the front hydrated.

Best arena in the country by a long shot for sound as well.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: