Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:52:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  31/05/12 - The O2, London - including broadcast info
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 31/05/12 - The O2, London - including broadcast info  (Read 150111 times)
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #520 on: February 26, 2013, 10:19:42 AM »

They paid for their internet Tongue

So you pay for the tool and get what you can steal with it for free?

Isn't that like paying for a screwdriver and getting the car for free because you can steal it?  Tongue

/jarmo

Is making a copy or reproduction of a copy or a reproduction of an original work, classified as stealing in your country?

It's not in mine...

Every country's different on the rules. Most CDs have some sort of "do not duplicate" message on the booklet or disc. I'm sure iTunes and Amazon have some sort of blurb about not distributing and selling the music.

It's not like taking a car (it can be argued that it's worse, a car can be recovered and insurance can cover the loss), but it takes away from a band's ability to control their work and be compensated.

This is broadcast-related, if you have cable, you can record whatever you want on DVR, but I know they also have copy protect on some channels.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #521 on: February 26, 2013, 06:15:44 PM »

Why didn't they think of that originally?  rofl rofl rofl rofl

Hmmmm... I don't get the sarcasm...? No offense but we don't know if they thought about it or not (or can do it or not in the contract with the producer). And yes it would be a good idea for the fans who can't see it on TV, in theaters or can't/ won't download it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:21:37 PM by Will » Logged

TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #522 on: February 26, 2013, 06:19:22 PM »

This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know about a possible CD release of this show? That would be amazing. Riding with the top down rocking out some serious quality live Gn'R would be heaven.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #523 on: February 26, 2013, 06:22:37 PM »

This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know about a possible CD release of this show? That would be amazing. Riding with the top down rocking out some serious quality live Gn'R would be heaven.

To my knowledge this is not in the works... That would be could to see it as an iTunes release or something. Smiley

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #524 on: February 26, 2013, 06:23:19 PM »

With the upcoming release of the Vegas show it's unlikely
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #525 on: February 26, 2013, 06:25:17 PM »

With the upcoming release of the Vegas show it's unlikely

I guess I'm totally out of the loop here, but what is going on with the Vegas show being released? DVD or CD?  All I know about is the 02 show.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #526 on: February 26, 2013, 08:12:27 PM »

3d Blu ray and theater release this summer
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #527 on: February 26, 2013, 08:53:06 PM »

Every country's different on the rules. Most CDs have some sort of "do not duplicate" message on the booklet or disc. I'm sure iTunes and Amazon have some sort of blurb about not distributing and selling the music.

It's not like taking a car (it can be argued that it's worse, a car can be recovered and insurance can cover the loss), but it takes away from a band's ability to control their work and be compensated.

This is broadcast-related, if you have cable, you can record whatever you want on DVR, but I know they also have copy protect on some channels.

In my Country, if an artist broadcasts something, we are allowed to make a copy of that broadcast. If an artist makes an original work, and we lawfully acquire a copy of such work, we are allowed to make a back-up of said work.

What we can't do is make copies or distribute copies someone else has made with any commercial intent or in such a way that it significantly impacts an artist's financial position.

If someone downloads a concert that has been broadcast on television, radio or internet, copies said concert and then distributes it in a low key way, at no cost to any person, what is being done is not unlawful in my country.

Yes an artist is entitled to protect his works, yes he is entitled to decide how and when the work is released and yes they are entitled to sell their works or distribute them through whatever means they feel like, but they aren't permitted to make any rule they want regarding their works, as the consumer in my country has lawful rights too.

If GNR broadcasts this concert, it's no more unlawful to download a recording of this broadcast in my country, than it is to play my copy of the ChiDem album at a friends house, for their listening pleasure.

GNR has the right to protect their IP in this work. If they broadcast it, they lose the right to control what happens to a copy of that work made by an individual, so long as said copy isn't exploited for commercial gain, or in a manner that impacts the artist in a significant financial way.

Which is why the big American copyrights holders, are trying to make our ISP's fiscally responsible for the downloads that occur on their networks... Because suing individuals for this particular scenario, as they have done in America, can't happen in Australia.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #528 on: February 27, 2013, 12:42:49 AM »

Hmmmm... I don't get the sarcasm...? No offense but we don't know if they thought about it or not (or can do it or not in the contract with the producer). And yes it would be a good idea for the fans who can't see it on TV, in theaters or can't/ won't download it.

Wasn't this show originally scheduled for a VOD release before being pulled?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #529 on: February 27, 2013, 08:44:53 AM »

Wasn't this show originally scheduled for a VOD release before being pulled?

peace

Yes it was yes

I'm sure Will can go back into the history, and even see VOD was in one of the edited subject lines, of this very thread
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #530 on: February 27, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »

This needs to be released officially in some form, and I would pay very good money for it.

As I said, I don't have the means to use torrents as I only have a laptop and don't have excellent speed as it is due to all my HD concert videos from my touring with GN'R since 2006. So I would have to buy this from some bootlegger, if it's not released officially or something, which is a shame.

This concert rocks like hell.  drool
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #531 on: February 27, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »

Yes it was yes

I'm sure Will can go back into the history, and even see VOD was in one of the edited subject lines, of this very thread

Yes I remember don't worry lol. What I meant is that they should do it now in addition to the TV and theaters release. Wink Sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough, I was talking about this time around, not the first time it was scheduled (3-4 months ago)! It would be the best way for all the fans, and I don't know why they can't do it...

Or they could do like Muse with the War Child concert: make it available for free on YouTube in 720p and 1080p lol.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #532 on: March 01, 2013, 05:35:07 PM »

Watch Guns N? Roses: Live From The O2 In London On VH1
by Mark Graham (@unclegrambo)

If you didn?t get a chance to see Guns N? Roses at an arena near you while they were embarking on their massive worldwide tour last year, you?re in luck. Tomorrow night, Saturday, March 2, Guns N? Roses: Live From The O2 In London will premiere on VH1 at 11 p.m. ET/PT as part of the Palladia Presents series.

While you?ll have to tune-in tomorrow night to witness for yourself the spell that Axl is still able to put audiences under, we?ve got a couple of sneak clips live for you today, which you can use to get a taste of what?s to come. Check out ?Welcome To The Jungle? above, and we?ve also got ?Sweet Child O? Mine? and the show-stopping ?Paradise City? for you to sample, too.

Guns N? Roses: Live From The O2 In London will begin showing on VH1 Classic starting on March 9, and will make its way to Palladia on March 16.

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2013-03-01/guns-n-roses-live-from-the-o2-in-london/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #533 on: March 01, 2013, 08:14:09 PM »

In my Country, if an artist broadcasts something, we are allowed to make a copy of that broadcast. If an artist makes an original work, and we lawfully acquire a copy of such work, we are allowed to make a back-up of said work.

What we can't do is make copies or distribute copies someone else has made with any commercial intent or in such a way that it significantly impacts an artist's financial position.

If someone downloads a concert that has been broadcast on television, radio or internet, copies said concert and then distributes it in a low key way, at no cost to any person, what is being done is not unlawful in my country.

Yes an artist is entitled to protect his works, yes he is entitled to decide how and when the work is released and yes they are entitled to sell their works or distribute them through whatever means they feel like, but they aren't permitted to make any rule they want regarding their works, as the consumer in my country has lawful rights too.

If GNR broadcasts this concert, it's no more unlawful to download a recording of this broadcast in my country, than it is to play my copy of the ChiDem album at a friends house, for their listening pleasure.

GNR has the right to protect their IP in this work. If they broadcast it, they lose the right to control what happens to a copy of that work made by an individual, so long as said copy isn't exploited for commercial gain, or in a manner that impacts the artist in a significant financial way.

Which is why the big American copyrights holders, are trying to make our ISP's fiscally responsible for the downloads that occur on their networks... Because suing individuals for this particular scenario, as they have done in America, can't happen in Australia.

Entertainment lawyers staying gainfully employed, and as soon as "America" is mentioned, it's MPAA and RIAA on a hunt. People just need to be careful what they're downloading, my rule of thumb is the newer it is, the more you'll show up on the radar. If you're getting a handful of bootlegs, it's not going to be a big deal.

But I'm surprised you're not seeing the music and movie industry putting out files with a Trojan "cop"  that busts people when they open the file.

Conan
Headliner

« Reply #534 on: March 01, 2013, 09:21:07 PM »

Entertainment lawyers staying gainfully employed, and as soon as "America" is mentioned, it's MPAA and RIAA on a hunt. People just need to be careful what they're downloading, my rule of thumb is the newer it is, the more you'll show up on the radar. If you're getting a handful of bootlegs, it's not going to be a big deal.

But I'm surprised you're not seeing the music and movie industry putting out files with a Trojan "cop"  that busts people when they open the file.

For good reason. Such activity would constitute a criminal offence in just about every country on Earth, including the USA...

But I am not referring to ripping the latest blu-ray release or grabbing a copy of the latest GNR CD or the newest movie off The Pirate Bay or whatever. Those sorts of things ARE illegal in my country.

I'm referring specifically to works broadcast over mediums such as free to air or cable television, radio or Internet. Such events, given they are broadcast freely to any who wish to watch (including cable TV despite the fact it's accessable by way of subscriber only) are allowably recordable and distributable so long as there is no commercial intent behind the activity and doing so doesn't significantly financially impact the copyright owner.

So effectively what our law says is: if a GNR concert is broadcast on tv in Australia and I record it, I can make copies of it, show it to other people, even put it on a torrent site if I wish, or obtain it from a torrent site, so long as I don't charge any money for it...

Which is why the MPAA, RIAA, AFACT and so on, are suing our ISP's. Because if anyone can be seen to impact rights holders financially, it's the ISP's who are doing so by "allowing" or facilitating these actions (plus they've got the cash to pay liquidated damages). Even the most shifty lawyer hasn't yet worked out a way to prove that if I download a single copy of the O2 concert from TPB or wherever, that I am significantly impacting GNR or whoever they've licenced this to in a material way, according to our Copyright laws.

The ISP's of course just point to their user policies and argue they aren't allowing this, they specifically forbid it copyright infringement, however they are forbidden by law to monitor individual internet use, except for security, network admin purposes, billing and so on.

So far however the copyright holders aren't winning these arguments, the ISP's are...
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #535 on: March 01, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »

Tomorrow night the fam will be tuning into Vh1 to see the band in HD.  It will be a historic night in our house. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #536 on: March 01, 2013, 10:43:14 PM »

Watch Guns N? Roses: Live From The O2 In London On VH1
by Mark Graham (@unclegrambo)

If you didn?t get a chance to see Guns N? Roses at an arena near you while they were embarking on their massive worldwide tour last year, you?re in luck. Tomorrow night, Saturday, March 2, Guns N? Roses: Live From The O2 In London will premiere on VH1 at 11 p.m. ET/PT as part of the Palladia Presents series.

While you?ll have to tune-in tomorrow night to witness for yourself the spell that Axl is still able to put audiences under, we?ve got a couple of sneak clips live for you today, which you can use to get a taste of what?s to come. Check out ?Welcome To The Jungle? above, and we?ve also got ?Sweet Child O? Mine? and the show-stopping ?Paradise City? for you to sample, too.

Guns N? Roses: Live From The O2 In London will begin showing on VH1 Classic starting on March 9, and will make its way to Palladia on March 16.

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2013-03-01/guns-n-roses-live-from-the-o2-in-london/

/jarmo

Nice! Smiley  I have it set to record, it says the show is 1 1/2 hours long.  I'm looking forward to seeing this. yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #537 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:04 PM »

Looking forward to this as well.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #538 on: March 01, 2013, 11:27:47 PM »

It's only the US VH1 right?...

I got all excited and checked my listings and my VH1 (UK) doesn't seem to be showing it.  Undecided
old_at_heart
Opening Act

« Reply #539 on: March 01, 2013, 11:43:47 PM »

I will be watching for sure! I just saw the clips and I think they sound good. The band sounds good, Axl sounds good. I have a feeling I'm going to be playing the audio of this show a lot more than watching it though... My only issue right now seems to be the editing. Way too many cuts. They cant focus on anyone in the band for a few seconds before it jumps to someone else. I don't need the camera to only be on Axl but it would be nice to focus on him while he's singing a bit more and especially on the guitarists when they are soloing but Im finding the cuts quite annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: