Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:08:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  He's been spotted.......
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: He's been spotted.......  (Read 32411 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2016, 11:48:45 AM »

This is just too weird for words...

Haha agreed. It's fun to think about.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2016, 12:18:36 PM »

It would be cool to see him sing some Ac Dc, but I don't like it.

Focus on getting in tip top singing shape. His last shows with Gn'R were very average vocally. nothing special

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2016, 12:21:02 PM »

Focus on getting in tip top singing shape. His last shows with Gn'R were very average vocally. nothing special

If anything, he gets better once he's got some shows in him. Think of the AC/DC shows as Axl building up to top form for GN'R... haha.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2016, 12:29:33 PM »

Yeah I guess. I mean just him doing stuff is good. I really want this Gn'R tour to kill it ya know?

Just really want that 2006-07 Axl back..

But don't damn me
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2016, 12:30:12 PM »

I disagree, I was actually in Attendance at the last GNR shows in Vegas 2014 and they were exemplary and memorable, he sounded great.

6-6-2014 show was unbelievable.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2016, 01:00:21 PM »

Yeah I guess. I mean just him doing stuff is good. I really want this Gn'R tour to kill it ya know?

I want the 1972 Mick Jagger back..... Roll Eyes

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2016, 01:03:39 PM »

That's probably unrealistic.

I just want an Axl I don't have to make excuses for.  To tell people not to trust their own lying eyes and ears and take my word its awesome.  That's a laugh line outside these forums.

Also never one that had to be uttered on the 06-07 or 09-10 tours.  Somehow, some way...video clips were completely reliable then.

Starting in 2011, said clips could no longer be trusted.  Hmm...wonder why?  Must have been one of all too frequent times technology degraded over time.  That's all I can figure.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »

That's probably unrealistic.

I just want an Axl I don't have to make excuses for.  To tell people not to trust their own lying eyes and ears and take my word its awesome.  That's a laugh line outside these forums.

Also never one that had to be uttered on the 06-07 or 09-10 tours.  Somehow, some way...video clips were completely reliable then.

Starting in 2011, said clips could no longer be trusted.  Hmm...wonder why?  Must have been one of all too frequent times technology degraded over time.  That's all I can figure.

I've seen Axl 9 times since 2002, the music was so loud and the vocals were mixed so low that you could hardly tell that anything was wrong.  Only on slower songs like November Rain it was overly obvious.  I can imagine people coming home and hearing the same thing on you tube with maybe the vocals a little clearer, and thinking 'hey I don't remember it that way!'.  But I've never understood them going 'youtube clips are unreliable!'.  That's just ridiculous.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2016, 01:19:06 PM »

Exactly. Axl?s voice changes from tour to tour, or at least era to era. And it?s quite a mystery, because it?s not just necessarily worse as he is getting older ? it was actually getting better and better from 2002 to 2010. I see no reason why we should pretend that he sings the same way all the time. This is a fan internet forum, right?

Hell has frozen over.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2016, 01:19:32 PM »

I've seen Axl 9 times since 2002, the music was so loud and the vocals were mixed so low that you could hardly tell that anything was wrong.  Only on slower songs like November Rain it was overly obvious.  I can imagine people coming home and hearing the same thing on you tube with maybe the vocals a little clearer, and thinking 'hey I don't remember it that way!'.  But I've never understood them going 'youtube clips are unreliable!'.  That's just ridiculous.

Agree with all of that.

The second a clip goes up where he sounds iffy, you can't swing a dead cat and not hit 10 people here that will tell you not to trust it.  Yet if a clip goes up where he sounds great, suddenly, you can go ahead and trust that.

If you think I'm just pulling this out of my ass, I will direct you to the most recent touring.  The clips from South America were a horror show.  We were told to pay them no mind, because they don't tell the tale.  Mere months later, there is a clip of him doing 'Prostitute' from the 6-6-14 show, and he really does kill it.  Yet, somehow, that second clip lacked those qualifiers that you should not trust what you hear and that it was inaccurate.

Its just such a transparently comically flawed argument.  I can't imagine any of these people play poker.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2016, 01:20:27 PM »

Exactly. Axl?s voice changes from tour to tour, or at least era to era. And it?s quite a mystery, because it?s not just necessarily worse as he is getting older ? it was actually getting better and better from 2002 to 2010. I see no reason why we should pretend that he sings the same way all the time. This is a fan internet forum, right?

I would say in 2002 it was more different than it was bad.  It was not what we were used to.  But he was still hitting all the notes.

jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2016, 01:23:36 PM »

I would say in 2002 it was more different than it was bad.  It was not what we were used to.  But he was still hitting all the notes.

Definitely, but it did sound weird, and the rasp was mostly gone. 2006 was a huge comeback, and 2010 - when I thought it could not be any better - it actually got even better, at least to me.

Hell has frozen over.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2016, 01:23:50 PM »

Take it easy people... wow so many angry people on here.

His vocals being average are still good. I just want him 10 years ago. Probably not going to happen, but who knows. He was in great physical shape then. He is getting older, so its whatever. Just glad he's doing stuff

But don't damn me
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »

Oh no please not the youtube how does he sound argument right now....(Youtube IS reliable)

BUT This is too exciting for any of that nonsense.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2016, 01:29:01 PM »

I actually expect him to be ready to go in a few weeks.

Why I think that, I'm not entirely sure.  I just can't fathom that he won't be ready to roll for something this high profile.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2016, 01:35:43 PM »

Why does every topic have to be Dead Horse material for some of you?

Same shit over and over again.

Two plus weeks until Las Vegas!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2016, 01:44:28 PM »

Nah, I was just saying that I don't really want him doing Ac/Dc shows when there's the most important tour in 20+ years coming up. Ya know?

He is older, and his voice isn't as good as it used to be, but it is still good. I would rather him just take it easy and come in killer. I want this to be incredible. Especially for newer fans that aren't familiar with Gn'R.

Him doing ACDC doesn't sound like him. Hard to think he'd do a whole 10 shows in someone else's band as a guest. Who knows. It would be cool I guess. As long as it doesn't screw with Gn'R stuff who cares.

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2016, 01:49:24 PM »

Him doing ACDC doesn't sound like him. Hard to think he'd do a whole 10 shows in someone else's band as a guest. Who knows. It would be cool I guess. As long as it doesn't screw with Gn'R stuff who cares.

I actually thought he sounded great on 'Whole Lotta Rosie' and 'Riff Raff' from the past few years.

A whole show of it though, that can't be good on the pipes.

Who figured Brian Johnson would lose the hearing before he lost the voice?

jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2016, 01:53:47 PM »

I just hope the first show will be in Vegas, not an acoustic set somewhere. It needs to be big. And on TV. Acoustic shows can follow later.

Hell has frozen over.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2016, 01:54:42 PM »

I just hope the first show will be in Vegas, not an acoustic set somewhere. It needs to be big. And on TV. Acoustic shows can follow later.

Would be a hell of a memory for anyone lucky enough to be there though.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: