Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:04:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)  (Read 122973 times)
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #660 on: June 21, 2007, 03:13:07 AM »

There was a 2 hour GN'R special on VH1 today for the Aussie fans..
Axl Rose returns to Australia taking Guns N' Roses on tour, relive all the famous Gunner moments
Vh1 Salutes Guns N' Roses- Played all the videos
Then the behind the music one..

And the smorning on the news they played Sweet Child and talk about them touring for a bit..
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 03:15:14 AM by Nightrain7 » Logged

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #661 on: June 21, 2007, 04:54:05 AM »

Thanks, on again around midnight tonight.  Smiley
badapple81
« Reply #662 on: June 22, 2007, 02:29:15 AM »

Pls PM me if U can receive text messages for Sat show for board updates. I can send updates.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #663 on: June 22, 2007, 02:54:07 AM »

There was a 2 hour GN'R special on VH1 today for the Aussie fans..
Axl Rose returns to Australia taking Guns N' Roses on tour, relive all the famous Gunner moments
Vh1 Salutes Guns N' Roses- Played all the videos
Then the behind the music one..

And the smorning on the news they played Sweet Child and talk about them touring for a bit..

Did you notice that the only 3 people who did the talking in the doco were Slash, Adler and Sorum!

I loved the way Slash say he has never frogiven Axl for the very public intervention at an Awards ceremony......No wonder the doco was a little biased.

Apparantly Adler suffered a cocaine induced coma.......seemed to be blaming everyone but himself.......

And that doco was made by?.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2007, 05:00:51 PM »

Seems like the Australian shows were a huge success.

I'm not talking just about the fact that a majority of the shows were sold out, but also by reading the reviews of all of those posters who went it seems like you all enjoyed them.

The band members are enjoying themselves and so are the fans attending.

Next up, New Zealand.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #665 on: June 25, 2007, 05:12:17 PM »

Great for all you Aussies. You don't deserve another 14 year gap to see 'em again judging by the vids I saw! Hopefully less than 14 MONTHS till Chinese Democracy is underway!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2007, 10:36:20 PM »

Im just gunna right a small review on the tour as Im not the best at writing.

Perth- I hit the venue at around 3ish. I could hear music inside so I peeped threw the window and I could see the tats rehersing and about 10 mins later Baz was doing the same.

The show was great but the Burswood Dome sux. The acoustics were really bad. I got to meet Robin, Frank and Bumble after the show. Real nice blokes. Robin was a bit shy and quiet when I 1st met him but by 2nd night in Melbourne we got to know each other alot more and he was alot more talkitive and comfortable.

Adelaide- This was my Favourite show of the tour. 1st night sydney was nearly as cool but this was the best. The performance, set and after party was fuckin fantastic.

When I 1st got to the after show I was really board. It was like going to a party by yourself and you dont know anyone. So I went and grabbed a beer and sat down for a while. The only person I thought I recognised was Del James but I wasn't sure if it was him.

I went for a piss and decided to leave because nothing was happening and the band weren't there. I asked security how to get out and they told me the band were on their way down, so I stuck around. Bumble came in and said hello to everyone. He came up to me and we spoke for around half an hour. That night I ended up partying till around 7am. It was seriously the best night of my life.

I met Dizzy later on and we spoke not about music or touring or anything like that but we spoke about Victoria Bitter and Jagemister. Then me n him tried to have a Jager Bomb but we couldnt find any cups or shot glasses, so we found 2 wine glasses and filled them with jager and a tiny bit of red bull. After 3 of those and a bunch of beers I decided to say hello to Axl. I didnt wanna smother him and I was a bit intimedated but so I just said hello and offered Him a shot of Jager with me N' Dizzy. He said " No, I'm cool. I'll stick with the beer and wine"

I was trying to find the toilet when I ran into Chris. He was really fun to drink with. We spoke for a while about girls mainly and I also asked him about silkworms and told him I love the song. Then he tackled me.

Melbourne- Both shows were really good and I got to hear Rocket Queen. Had my Dad with me the 1st night and he was blown away. He said it was the greatest night he ever had.

Afterparty was nice. Couple of dickheads there but mainly really cool dudes. Toby Rand was there and Angry came down for a while to.

I will write the rest later I have a few things to do then I will be back.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #667 on: June 25, 2007, 10:39:15 PM »

Sounds like an awesome time and it was great to meet you too dude. Aussie Guns fans are such a cool bunch beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #668 on: June 25, 2007, 11:26:39 PM »

A not so good review of the Sydney show.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/bursts-of-old-gunner-glory-now-and-then/2007/06/24/1182623736424.html

Bursts of old gunner glory now and then
Reviewed by Kelsey Munro
June 25, 2007
Guns n' Roses, Acer Arena, June 23

The typical old fan held grave doubts about a performance by the Los Angeles hard-rock band that was missing the iconic lead guitarist Slash and the chemistry of the original line-up.

Turns out that was the least of their problems.

There hasn't been a new album for more than 13 years, but the new seven-piece band performed with great chemistry and unimpeachable chops. Three guitarists played old hits - including Slash's epic solos - with a perfectly judged mix of faithfulness to the original, feel and precision.

The fabulous lead guitarist Robin Finck, resplendent in shiny black tunic and Jethro Tull beard, opened the show (50 minutes late) with the hellbound riff of Welcome to the Jungle. Singer Axl Rose, his distinctive orange hair in braids, let fly with his blood-curdling screech. It's the sound of pandemonium being unleashed. The song remains Gunners at their best: a mix of menace, complexity and melodic brilliance. It was a reminder why they once ruled the world, selling more than 90 million albums by the early '90s.

They followed with It's So Easy, then Mr Brownstone from the blockbuster debut Appetite for Destruction, then the epic Live and Let Die, with exploding fireballs punctuating every chorus and strobe lights strafing the crowd. It was like the greatest hits edition of rock heaven. If only it had kept going like that.

There were worrying signs from the start, such as the conga player in the top corner, and the white-reggae feel to the Dylan cover Knockin' on Heaven's Door. Rose, neither as young nor as snake-hipped as he once was, was labouring from the first song. So the band's perpetual drawn-out solos between songs to give him an offstage breather should perhaps not have been surprising. There was even a really long grand piano solo from Dizzy Reed, who, it turns out, is more than just a gifted conga player.

The frustrating thing was that for every long boring piece of filler, there were bursts of glory: from Sweet Child of Mine to the three-part piano epic November Rain. If the good bits had been squeezed into 80 minutes, it would have been a great show. Instead, a padded-out gig lost its momentum repeatedly for more than two hours. Maybe they needed Slash after all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It shits me when the say 50 minutes late, because there was no set time for when they were due on. They came on when they were ready. The entire band was a great spirits and I didn't see anyone complaing about the length of the show or the solos.

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2007, 11:46:12 PM »

It shits me when the say 50 minutes late, because there was no set time for when they were due on. They came on when they were ready. The entire band was a great spirits and I didn't see anyone complaing about the length of the show or the solos.
that's really annoying - i hate reading that. He probably thinks this is a Britney Spears show, though.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2007, 11:54:22 PM »

That's Sydney for you - taking itself oh, so seriously!  Roll Eyes

Do 2 shows in Adelaide next time!!!  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #671 on: June 26, 2007, 12:17:26 AM »

Read that review in the paper yesterday. It's not too bad- the only problems the brought up were the usual late start thing, and the solos interupting the flow. Also, how did he mistake Dizzy, surrounded by keyboards, to be a congo player? Honestly, both nights, the wait wasn't bad at all. And I really enjoyed all the solos.
All in all though, who cares what one guy who wrote in the paper said- it's us fans that matter!

Also driving in to uni yesterday, on Triple M on the radio, some idiot DJ was ripping into the show going untill two am. He said "You have two songs, play them and get off; what did he do untill two am?" He then put on a Pink song.
Triple M used to be a rock station- what the fuck is going on? They rip into GnR and then put on Pink?
Anyway, it turns out the idiot didn't even go to either show. They did a competition where people rung in to do their Axl impersination (of the SCOM chorus), and everyone who rung up said it was an awesome show, calling it the best, and giving it 9/10 etc.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #672 on: June 26, 2007, 12:24:35 AM »

That's Sydney for you - taking itself oh, so seriously!? Roll Eyes

Do 2 shows in Adelaide next time!!!? ok

Nah, that's a reviewer taking himself too seriously. The crowd that was there loved every minute of it.

It's a shame you didn't get two shows in Adelaide, especially after the great response from the first show.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #673 on: June 26, 2007, 12:47:25 AM »

Part 2

Brisbane- Everyone has already heard about what happened the 1st night, but it started long before the drink had been thrown at Axl. I spoke to alot of people before the show started because I was there by myself so I thought I would make some new friends. I must have stumbled into the wrong people all night because the majority of people I spoke to were absolute Dickheads. The place was full of anti Axl pro Slash fuckwhits. All night I heard people say its only Axl and how shit this show is Going to be without Slash and Duff.
Even When I made my way to the Arena Floor there were fucking morons in the crowd yelling "Where's Slash?" during Baz's set.

Once Sebastian had finished I new that Guns were not gunna be on stage anytime soon because u could just tell. And it didnt worry me at all because I was there to see a fuckin Rock show, I wasn't there to wait till it was over so I could go to bed.
I dont care what reviews say about GN'R's performance that night it was the bunch of queer cunts in the arena starting a "Boring" and "Bullshit" chant about 10 mins after Baz had finished that fucked the night for everyone.

All night Axl tried to use the negative Energy and Turn it into a positive but it just wasn't happening. Richard had made that night his bitch and absolutely tore up the stage. He said he tried to help Axl out but with the geese in the arena it was a bit of a challenge.

The 2nd night was alot better. The fun all started back at my hotel when me N' Gunnerdownunder hit the turps and watched a great private show.
The fans were great. Once again before the show I spoke to a few people and they were very positive and happy to be there.
Aftershow was alot of fun. couple of chicks there that didnt know their arse from their elbow but I met some cool people and made some new friends.

Sydney- 1st show was alot like the Adeliade gig. The fans were nuts and the vibe was fantastic. Nice Boys was so fucking cool. Axl sang like he sang Perfect Crime.
Aftershow was a bit more relaxed this night. Everyone was a bit mellow so me and a few friends were invited to Sebastian's dressing room with his band, I'd like to thank Jason for that. We had a few beers and Listened to alot of Pantera which was kick arse.

The 2nd night I was very Disheartened about it finishing up. I had such a great time the last 2 weeks and I didnt want it to end.

The show was fantastic and the aftershow was really cool. Everyone was pretty pumped and keen to Party.
We left the Arena at around 4am I think then went to a club. The house band were terrific and the staff were great. Drinks were a bit pricey but That didnt worry me. Baz sang Little wing with the band while Jason jumped on the drums and later Jonny grabbed the Guitar. It was great.
The party started to wind down at around 7am then everyone was out of there by 7.30am/7.45am. I got back home to Newcastle at 10am and I was fucked. I slept from 11am till 5pm then slept again from 9pm threw 10am and Im still rooted.

I have had a great time and met alot of really nice people.

I'd like to Thank Richard for being such a friend.

Venessa and Fernando, you guys are doing a great job, and thank you for everything.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #674 on: June 26, 2007, 12:53:02 AM »

There is an article in the Newcastle Herald about Guns N' Roses buying a couple of cartons of wine from a winery in the hunter valley.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #675 on: June 26, 2007, 01:01:50 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES Joined By ROSE TATTOO Singer At Sydney Concerts - June 26, 2007

The GUNS N' ROSES 2007 trek through Australia ended on a very high note with two sold-out shows in Sydney at the Acer Arena this past weekend.

Over 10,000 fans attended each concert, and as an added bonus, at each show GN'R performed the ROSE TATTOO classic "Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock N' Roll)" with none other than Angry Anderson.

With Axl Rose and Angry trading off verses and singing the choruses together, it was truly a magical jam with scorching sonic energy coming off the stage ? the proverbial icing on the cake for an amazing series of concerts. To celebrate, GN'R threw an after-party at a Sydney night club called Ruby Rabbit that did not end until long after the sun came up.

The next stop on the tour is Auckland, New Zealand, with two shows ? Friday, June 29, and Saturday, June 30 ? at the Vector Arena. GUNS N' ROSES have one last performance Down Under on July 3 in Christchurch, New Zealand, before heading to Japan.

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #676 on: June 26, 2007, 01:11:44 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES Joined By ROSE TATTOO Singer At Sydney Concerts - June 26, 2007

The GUNS N' ROSES 2007 trek through Australia ended on a very high note with two sold-out shows in Sydney at the Acer Arena this past weekend.

Over 10,000 fans attended each concert, and as an added bonus, at each show GN'R performed the ROSE TATTOO classic "Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock N' Roll)" with none other than Angry Anderson.

With Axl Rose and Angry trading off verses and singing the choruses together, it was truly a magical jam with scorching sonic energy coming off the stage ? the proverbial icing on the cake for an amazing series of concerts. To celebrate, GN'R threw an after-party at a Sydney night club called Ruby Rabbit that did not end until long after the sun came up.

The next stop on the tour is Auckland, New Zealand, with two shows ? Friday, June 29, and Saturday, June 30 ? at the Vector Arena. GUNS N' ROSES have one last performance Down Under on July 3 in Christchurch, New Zealand, before heading to Japan.

Blabbermouth.net

Isnt that the same review from GN'R.com?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #677 on: June 26, 2007, 01:51:50 AM »

^^yes...a little behind in my reading Cheesy

Good to see they picked it up ok
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 02:01:33 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #678 on: June 26, 2007, 02:16:10 AM »

Why does it say over 10'000 fans attended both nights? i read somewhere the saturday show had 23'500 people attending.. They could have said over 20'000

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #679 on: June 26, 2007, 02:33:08 AM »

Why does it say over 10'000 fans attended both nights? i read somewhere the saturday show had 23'500 people attending.. They could have said over 20'000

That's impossible for it to be 23,000, because Acer Arena only holds around 20,000 and it was sold out Satrday night and almost sold out on Sunday night. I say almost sold out on Sunday, because they had a big section of the arena at the back curtained off where there were people sitting the night before.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: