Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron Thal's guitar
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Thal's guitar  (Read 24998 times)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« on: May 29, 2006, 08:18:37 AM »

When I first heard of Ron Thal joining the band and I saw his foot guitar, I thought it was a disgrace for this dude to join GNR.  But now that I have gotten a chance to see him live I think this guy kicks ass.  he plays with emotion unlike Buckethead.  When I saw him doing his solo yesterday with his foot guitar  I thought it was one of the funniest things ( not in a bad way) I have seen from this new band.  The way those wings came out and started moving was classic.  I can't believe I am saying this but I am digging his guitar.   I still think he should only use that guitar for parts of the show  but I don't mind seeing him perform with it.
shaun
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 08:19:48 AM »

When I first heard of Ron Thal joining the band and I saw his foot guitar, I thought it was a disgrace for this dude to join GNR.  But now that I have gotten a chance to see him live I think this guy kicks ass.  he plays with emotion unlike Buckethead.  When I saw him doing his solo yesterday with his foot guitar  I thought it was one of the funniest things ( not in a bad way) I have seen from this new band.  The way those wings came out and started moving was classic.  I can't believe I am saying this but I am digging his guitar.   I still think he should only use that guitar for parts of the show  but I don't mind seeing him perform with it.

...he plays with emotion unlike Buckethead.

...who knows what goes on behind the mask  hihi
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 08:21:27 AM by D0badog » Logged
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 08:28:27 AM »

he plays with emotion unlike Buckethead.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. Maybe not according to your definition of emotion in music, but definately according to tons of other people...

-PEACE-

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 08:30:41 AM »

he plays with emotion unlike Buckethead.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. Maybe not according to your definition of emotion in music, but definately according to tons of other people...

-PEACE-

what "tons of other people".... if you think buckethead had any "emotion" in his playing your high.. he had a fukcing mask on... you cant see his face or the emotion hes trying to convey with his playing... he was good but you give him too much.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 08:39:30 AM »

Is it just me or does Buckethead have huge fucking hands?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 08:42:09 AM »

Is it just me or does Buckethead have huge fucking hands?

Ohhhhh, how the ladies Bucket... hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 08:46:31 AM »

Many people have sacrificed many things for this band. ?Ron, it's your turn. ?Pack that foot guitar in it's case and ship it home. ?

We'll let you keep the wings, those are cool but just your standard guitar. ?We're a simple people but there are quite a few pot smokers. ?Guitars with wings gets their attention.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 09:01:50 AM »

Look at that fucking moron Buckethead? rofl - that is hands down the worst image/gimmick ever, especially in a band such as G'n'R that WAS known for it's style and attitude. Thank fuck he's gone. BUT now we have another non descript, Bumblefoot, who looks and dresses like a slob and has a ridiculous cartoonish foot shaped guitar that has lil wings that start flapping when the vibrato is used!! Fucking pathetic and it truly shows what kind of knuckleheads there are around when they think this kinda thing is "cool" or "neat" in a once untouchable rock 'n' roll band!!? rant

Get rid of this piece of shit guitar and break out the Les Paul's!!
Jonathan
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 09:06:16 AM »

Saul Isobel, seriously, stop.

You're just making a fool out of yourself.

To quote a post from Slipdisc, getting sense out of you is like squeezing orange juice out of an apple.

And I never thought I would see the day.... People are being superficial against a freakin' guitar!

For god's sake, does a strange looking guitar make the player bad?

I'm not saying that you said that, but other people have.

And by the way, your "hate" against Buckethead is just, wrong.

It's all based on his look, if you think Buckethead can't play, you're deaf and oh, yeah..

Don't even go there about Bumblefoot.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 09:15:33 AM by I have a good title » Logged
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 09:17:07 AM »

Saul Isobel, seriously, stop.
You're just making a fool out of yourself.
Dude i'm not the one playing with a KFC bucket on my head or a fucking foot-shaped guitar with lil flapping wings! If that's acceptable to you then YOU my friend are the fool!

To quote a post from Slipdisc, getting sense out of you is like squeezing orange juice out of an apple.
Check your facts bro - that wasn't said to me.? no

And I never thought I would see the day.... People are being superficial against a freakin' guitar!

Come on man. LOOK at that thing it's like something out of a fucking Flintsones cartoon. We're talking G'n'R here - would you ever see the likes of Jimmy Page, Zakk Wylde, Kirk Hammett or SLASH playing such a fucking monstrousity... rock n roll is a lifestyle not a fucking Hanna Barbera cartoon - you get me?
Jonathan
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 09:24:11 AM »

Dude i'm not the one playing with a KFC bucket on my head or a fucking foot-shaped guitar with lil flapping wings! If that's acceptable to you then YOU my friend are the fool!

Oh, yeah. I'm the fool, yeah... Stop being so superficial, but yeah, okay, I'm the fool, because I accept it, I don't even have to accept it, because there's nothing wrong with any of it.

Check your facts bro - that wasn't said to me.? no

I never said it was about you, but it fits perfect there.

Come on man. LOOK at that thing it's like something out of a fucking Flintsones cartoon. We're talking G'n'R here - would you ever see the likes of Jimmy Page, Zakk Wylde, Kirk Hammett or SLASH playing such a fucking monstrousity... rock n roll is a lifestyle not a fucking Hanna Barbera cartoon - you get me?

I don't care if you think it looks like something out of the Flinstones, it's just a guitar.

And still, you're keep on being ignorant, it's all image-based, every single thing.

My last question, why are you even here? The only thing you do is complaining.

veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 09:27:32 AM »

Buckethead's guitar playing has tons more emotion than what I have heard from Ron. 
Ron's foot guitar is lame.
But Ron's a great guy and hopefully his playing will get more interesting once he has had time to adjust to the band and make his own mark.
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 09:39:16 AM »

Buckethead's guitar playing has tons more emotion than what I have heard from Ron.?
Ron's foot guitar is lame.
But Ron's a great guy and hopefully his playing will get more interesting once he has had time to adjust to the band and make his own mark.

you can't know much about ron then. ignorant thing to say.
and to the original poster, i like ron from the beginning, i'm so sick of you so-called fans who jump the bandwagon after first bashing them for no reason, just like with finck. fuck off.
TheMole
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 09:41:12 AM »

Just got a mental picture of GnR dressed up as the flinstones... shit man, that's awfull...
I have to agree with Saul Isobel on this one.
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 09:52:21 AM »

you can't know much about ron then. ignorant thing to say.

Why? -- because I disagree with you.   I specifically limited my response to what I have heard from Ron, which is his live playing with GnR and a couple of pieces from his own band (which sounded like Zappa-like songs).   You shouldn't throw the "ignorant" label around merely because other people have different opinions than yours.
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 09:59:49 AM »

Fucking pathetic and it truly shows what kind of knuckleheads there are around when they think this kinda thing is "cool" or "neat" in a once untouchable rock 'n' roll band!!? rant

However, not as pathetic (by a long shot) as going around message boards dissing accomplished musicians based on a non-topic as looks. Good thing past generations weren?t this close-minded, otherwise the angry rappers would have taken over a lot earlier. It?s nice to see a ?true rock fan?, like yourself, not being affected by the whole ?appearance over music?-thing. Which single-handedly turned mainstream music in another sad exponent of our superficial-consumption-society? rofl

Buckethead's guitar playing has tons more emotion than what I have heard from Ron.?

Well, you haven't heard a lot then (I must assume), enjoy the rest of it?

-PEACE-

veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 10:10:04 AM »

Buckethead's guitar playing has tons more emotion than what I have heard from Ron.
Well, you haven't heard a lot then (I must assume), enjoy the rest of it?

-PEACE-

I'm looking forward to hearing more of it.  Please point me in the direction of some of his more-"emotional" guitar playing tunes.  (I loved Buckethead's Colma -- curious if Ron has anything comparable)
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 10:16:11 AM »

Fucking pathetic and it truly shows what kind of knuckleheads there are around when they think this kinda thing is "cool" or "neat" in a once untouchable rock 'n' roll band!!? rant

However, not as pathetic (by a long shot) as going around message boards dissing accomplished musicians based on a non-topic as looks. Good thing past generations weren?t this close-minded, otherwise the angry rappers would have taken over a lot earlier. It?s nice to see a ?true rock fan?, like yourself, not being affected by the whole ?appearance over music?-thing. Which single-handedly turned mainstream music in another sad exponent of our superficial-consumption-society? rofl

Oh look, it's the founder of the kiss-Ron-Thal's-ass club. Yep, he looks like shit and his guitar looks like a joke prop. Finck sorted himself out so your boy can do the same. You're damn right looks are important. Especially when you're in Guns 'n' Roses, a band who looked AND played the part. Ron Thal has accomplished nothing in comparisson to his G'N'R predecessors. Sure he can play, but he's a fucking guitar nerd shredder with zero platinum records to his name. Get a stylist and lose the cartoon guitar. End of story.
Slipdisc
VIP

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 10:33:32 AM »

Oh look, it's the founder of the kiss-Ron-Thal's-ass club.

-When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-? (Socrates)

Thank you for making it that obvious that you are struggling this much. I simply love it when people show that much weakness. Go ahead give us some more? rofl

Yep, he looks like shit and his guitar looks like a joke prop.

Sure enough he goes on exploring the frontiers of stupidity?Go ahead; tell me something else I don?t care about. Since you?re the board-stylist, I was wondering what your thoughts were on Beta?s new hairdo?

You're damn right looks are important.

Offcourse they are, after all: little things affect little minds.

Who am I to disagree?

Ron Thal has accomplished nothing in comparisson to his G'N'R predecessors.

Offcourse not, especially if we take into consideration that he, just like Buckethead, made name for himself. Where every single other member of gnr is mainly in the picture because of past glory and certainly not because of their non-existent body of solo material, during the post gnr-era. If you?re going to say something that stupid, at least fake a stroke.

Sure he can play, but he's a fucking guitar nerd shredder with zero platinum records to his name.

Yeah I already assumed that your were one of these popularity equals quality types. Music is an art form, no popularity contest. You must adore Britney Spears...

Get a stylist

Is this your way of applying for a job?

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 10:36:57 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 10:43:36 AM »

Oh look, it's the founder of the kiss-Ron-Thal's-ass club.

-When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-? (Socrates)

Thank you for making it that obvious that you are struggling this much. I simply love it when people show that much weakness. Go ahead give us some more? rofl

Yep, he looks like shit and his guitar looks like a joke prop.

Sure enough he goes on exploring the frontiers of stupidity?Go ahead; tell me something else I don?t care about. Since you?re the board-stylist, I was wondering what your thoughts were on Beta?s new hairdo?

You're damn right looks are important.

Offcourse they are, after all: little things affect little minds.

Who am I to disagree?

Ron Thal has accomplished nothing in comparisson to his G'N'R predecessors.

Offcourse not, especially if we take into consideration that he, just like Buckethead, made name for himself. Where every single other member of gnr is mainly in the picture because of past glory and certainly not because of their non-existent body of solo material, during the post gnr-era. If you?re going to say something that stupid, at least fake a stroke.

Sure he can play, but he's a fucking guitar nerd shredder with zero platinum records to his name.

Yeah I already assumed that your were one of these popularity equals quality types. Music is an art form, no popularity contest. You must adore Britney Spears...

Get a stylist

Is this your way of applying for a job?

-PEACE-

lmfao, PWNED!!! rofl

i agree with your previous post slipdisc, apart from axl, ron simply owned that stage and i consider us lucky to have him in gnr, he will take us far. smoking watch these idiots kiss his ass in a few months or a year, just like they do with finck now after bashing him for no reason at all before. idiots.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: