Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:37:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 431709 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1720 on: February 10, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »

All though I generally agree with you Jarmo, Axl DOES have the final say.  Perhaps he should kick up a little more dust, gaining public and media support, when things such as promotion dont go his way...

I GOT A GREAT IDEA HOW HE CAN DO THAT!!!  idea
Maybe to gain public support, he could try something like coming on GNR forums and tell his side of the story by talking directly to the fans and answering their questions for hours and hours and hours at a time .......  And then maybe, just maybe, he could answer questions from one of those big music media magazines/websites that has been bashing him for the past number of years!!!

On second thought ... nah.   What would anyone possibly have to complain about and blame him for if he was that open and honest?   Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1721 on: February 10, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »

Maybe to gain public support, he could try something like coming on GNR forums and tell his side of the story by talking directly to the fans and answering their questions for hours and hours and hours at a time ....... 
we arent the public. He already has us in the bank. What he did gere was great and beyond the call of duty

And then maybe, just maybe, he could answer questions from one of those big music media magazines/websites that has been bashing him for the past number of years!!!

No one knew Axl was working on repairing broken media relationships prior to the billboard interview or before he began speaking.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1722 on: February 10, 2009, 03:35:21 PM »

why no one  is yet to claim the label owes us and to urge that they should do what we want them to do, I wonder. Huh
The customer is always right, right?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1723 on: February 10, 2009, 03:41:34 PM »

we arent the public.
We aren't??  Huh   Who are we??  confused

He already has us in the bank.
He has??  Huh
You mustn't read like half the posts on these forums.  Check out the 'bank' of replies in the Wasn't Yesterday Great section.   hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1724 on: February 10, 2009, 04:16:21 PM »

ADZ quote of Axl kind of answers my question.

That's so shocking.

Another question already answered and ignored!

Like I said, GNR is all Axl....from ownership on down. Its his "organization"not the record company Fair or unfair, but thats what happens when you are the owner, gm, manager, and player

I think that's your idea of how things work.

The band has a management company, a record company, probably people who deal with tours etc etc.

But you think Axl does it all by himself...

/jarmo

I completely disagree with you here, but its your opinion, no problem. However, you seem to avoid one HUGE thing that the record company has done. Geffen has invested over 10MM (at least) for the album , so don't go talking about them not spending money or supporting the band. You're claims are just so patently wrong. TO me, you are like a book in the way youo respond and anythng you say really has no credibility.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1725 on: February 10, 2009, 04:31:22 PM »

I think the10MM thingy was well explained earlier.   Huh
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1726 on: February 10, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »

Yeah, it wasn't spent as an advance by  Jimmy Iovine and Interscope.  It was given to GN'R by the old Geffen label, before it folded.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1727 on: February 10, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »

You don't have to be the brightest bulb in the box to understand that you can spend money on recording something and still not support the promotion of the same album.

Two different kinds of support.

The involvement from the record company was mentioned by Axl in the Q&A.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1728 on: February 10, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »

It is great to see this thing go platinum even without the record company's help....The label really did treat this record as something just to get out there to get the debt off of their books..which is a shame, because this is a GREAT record and if they put a marketing plan together this thing could have sold a ridiculous amount of copies, more than Metallica and AC/DC...if you go on Itunes you will see that the 3 GNR tracks that were released as either singles or in a video game have sold very well...while the rest of the record hasnt sold at all.  Im confident that once songs like "Catcher" or "This I Love", get out there they will sell extremely well too...It is no coincidence that the songs the general public have actually been made aware of are selling great...
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1729 on: February 10, 2009, 05:01:18 PM »

The negativity on the other boards is really starting to drive me out of my skull.

FACTS:

We're two and a half months in to the album's release.

The album has SOLD gold and has SHIPPED platinum.

"Chinese Democracy" is holding steady at #21 on rock radio.

"Better" GAINED two places this week to move up to #14.

"Street Of Dreams" will be released as the third single soon and will likely be a huge crossover hit for the band.

Yet people are STILL holding on to the notion that somehow this album is a failure. Axl himself has explained the reason for the lack of promotion numerous times now, and some people still don't want to accept the fact that Interscope is to blame on all fronts.

Some of these so-called "fans" are absolutely sickening at this point.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1730 on: February 10, 2009, 05:02:56 PM »

I just wonder if the label support would've been different had the record came out sooner? Do u think the label in a way has tried to force axl into a reunion so maybe they are trying to cut him off to try and accomplish that?

I agree it takes money for promotion and no artist does that.

I think Axl doesn't do radio tours cause he doesn't want to answer 5000 questions about the old band which is understandable.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1731 on: February 10, 2009, 05:06:34 PM »

The negativity on the other boards is really starting to drive me out of my skull.

FACTS:

"Street Of Dreams" will be released as the third single soon and will likely be a huge crossover hit for the band.

Yet people are STILL holding on to the notion that somehow this album is a failure. Axl himself has explained the reason for the lack of promotion numerous times now, and some people still don't want to accept the fact that Interscope is to blame on all fronts.

Don't forget the album has sold 2.6 million copies worldwide, not including digital sales Smiley

Ali
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1732 on: February 10, 2009, 05:06:56 PM »

I just wonder if the label support would've been different had the record came out sooner? Do u think the label in a way has tried to force axl into a reunion so maybe they are trying to cut him off to try and accomplish that?

I agree it takes money for promotion and no artist does that.

I think Axl doesn't do radio tours cause he doesn't want to answer 5000 questions about the old band which is understandable.

"One of the two of us will be dead before there's a reunion." - Axl Rose

Move on, dude. Move...on.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1733 on: February 10, 2009, 05:07:48 PM »

FACTS:

Don't forget the album has sold 2.6 million copies worldwide, not including digital sales Smiley

Ali

You speak the truth, my friend!  ok

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1734 on: February 10, 2009, 05:17:15 PM »

Nobody wants a reunion so you know What ! quite bringing it up.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1735 on: February 10, 2009, 05:22:02 PM »

FACTS:

Ali

For the life of me, when I hear that number, I cannot understand how and why people say so definitively that the album is a flop.  In the US, granted, it has not sold so well.  But, the US is not the only place where records are sold.  I'd be willing to bet that by the end of '09, the album will hit 3 million worldwide.

Ali
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1736 on: February 10, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »

Ali, it's Feburary sweetie.  That's a month and a half into 09 with only .4 million to go in 10 and half months to be at 3 million by the end of 09. 

You thought we were still at the end of the year didn't you?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1737 on: February 10, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »

FACTS:

Ali

For the life of me, when I hear that number, I cannot understand how and why people say so definitively that the album is a flop.  In the US, granted, it has not sold so well.  But, the US is not the only place where records are sold.  I'd be willing to bet that by the end of '09, the album will hit 3 million worldwide.

Ali

today, with ZERO promotion, no tour dates and none video clips, CD has sold 2.6 million copies worldwide.

If GNR tours this year, and one or two vids are released, I would say the ammount of copies sold could be duplicated and why not more.

6 million copies worldwide by the end of 2009 if there's some shows and some vids. That's my guess.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1738 on: February 10, 2009, 06:53:03 PM »

U know, if I had a dollar for everytime someone didn't read my post and commented anyway, I'd be rich as fuck

Did I say anything about wanting a reunion?

I will give u some examples.

Back when Motley Crue fired Vince Neil and got John Corabi, they released an album that didn't sell up to expectation and their tour also didn't sell as well as when Vince was in the band.

U can read it for yourself in the book "The Dirt" they commented on how the label basically told them that until they got Vince back in the band, they wouldn't have any label support. No promo, nothing but what the contract called for them to have and even that was given in small increments.

So don't sit there and post shit like it isn't a possibility that the label could be scheming behind the scenes.

If u are a greedy record label, u would be ignorant to not want to do everything possible to try and get a reunion cause that would be Maximum money.

whatever feelings u have about the old guys, no one can be naive enough to sit here and say that they wouldn't make hundreds of millions of dollars if all were reunited.

SO, I am coming from the record companies possible perspective.  U know, everyone just once in their life should try and step outside of their own way of thinking and try to examine something from a different side.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1739 on: February 10, 2009, 07:14:54 PM »

C'mon D, how can we possible read all your posts?

What you are stating is obvious. There would be huge n' quick money in a reunion. I don't know if it pay off in the long run tho, that is def up for discussion.

That said, it's so good that axl have made this thing perfectly clear that he aint never ever going to share a stage with slash ever again. The record company knows that so it's up to them to make money off this anyway. I think they'll take some mone over no money any day of the week.

And unlike crew, gn'r and specially Axl is real and not sell outs.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: